CIS 6 Fever

the ui is going to change again? they just changed in v5.8

lol 5.8 was a minor change… 6.0 is will be major UI overhaul… If im correct 6.0 will have the UI that was meant for version 4. But don’t quote me on that.

The interface can change and improve always, on version 6,7,8 and etc. :wink:

sounds great
i really want to see it

Screengrabs please Egemen 8)

man cis v6 just seems more and more promising.
we are slowly getting info on the new features.

local bahavior blocker

full virtualization of sandbox

comodo cloud av which will have valkyrie. (idk what else ccav will have)

im sure secure dns will be out of beta by then which will have content filter and site inspector (which act as a web filter)

Killswitch integration

it sounds like a new overhauled GUI

Melih has talked about a file rating system but idk if it will be in v6

Some sort of a file rating system...yes most definitely...we are actively discussing the architecture within the development teams.

i also read that either cis or cce is getting a feature to repair files that were patched by virut/sality next week

idk if this is all the new features we will see only time will tell. This new version of cis sounds like its going to be amazing. no other security suite will stand a chance against cis

The local behavior blocker will be part of D+ or of the AV?
It would be better if it’s part of D+ so the users that don’t use the AV still will benefit from it.

im hoping it will be defense+
it wouldnt make to much sense to put it into the av

And no idea at the firewall? ???
for example network attacks section can be add to the firewall, to network attacks such as port scan and network worms and etc.

i only have posted the features that i have seen confirmed by comodo staff. i have not seen anything about the firewall but that doesnt mean that nothing is being added or changed

Any information will be passed on to the forums as soon as it becomes available,don’t worry folks.

My personal thoughts on Lordraiden’s query.I’d expect the local BB to be incorporated within D+ given that it is, in effect,an “AI HIPS” functionality.

The UI should be restructured and redefined from it basis.
Version 5.8 was only a color change. Please tell me that you are throwing away that UI.

CIS needs to have BUTTONS instead of “links” (for example).
I mean “links” because to access a configuration, you have to click an blue underlined text.
Its looks so much like HTML. The current icons also need a lot of detailed work.

BIG BUTTONS are now the trend. Configuration should be accessed easily and not from a link/text with the explanation of what that text/menu does. BUTTONS and LABELS are intuitive if they are build correctly.

Maybe COMODO needs to invest a little bit in an Art Design Department? ;D

Isnt it Behavior Blocker some kind of “Heuristics”?

Incredible, impatient to try new CIS :rocks:

What about the people who use AV? Like some dont use CAV, some dont use D+.

I think BB should be in AV. D+ is strong & people who know how D+ works dont need BB in a way. But BB in AV will be kind of zeroday malware protection for people who use only AV.

Thanxx
Naren

I think, BB should be add to the antivirus, Because BB is a kind of detection but D+ is prevention.
also if D+ been disable should be active all detection modules> So detection modules should be among AV. it’s possible some CIS users don’t use D+ but AV is active always.

Actually I love the CIS 5.x GUI… it’s simple and has a very good overview… Not like kaspersky,norton,…

Yes also you are ritght, probably the best for all would be to make it independent of the rest of the suite so you can choose to install it in any version

I agree with this. But somehow, I have this feeling that it should be able to “incorporate” itself somehow in the suite should both be present in the system. I have no idea why I have this feeling. I can’t explain it.

BB can be a module like FW, D+ & AV. This way it can be used with any module with custom install.

Thanxx
Naren

I don’t see it any other way :-TU