CIS 5.3 got 100 % at matousec

I would like you all to see the comments at Wilders Security Forum, on Matousec results.

Matousec - COMODO 100% again | Wilders Security Forums.

I really wonder why they hate comodo so much.

Because it’s on top :slight_smile:

what do they want to see on the top? ESET or what? Is true that they are the support forums of ESET?

Regards,
Valentin N

Google … eset forum

Have a look at this.

Very well documented article, questions the reliability and validity of Matousec tests.

http://www.techsupportalert.com/content/matousec-personal-firewall-tests-analyzed.htm

And then have a look at GIZMO’s “Best free firewall”.
http://www.techsupportalert.com/best-free-firewall.htm

"Comodo Firewall is the best choice for users seeking a full featured security suite.
It has a robust and a very active HIPS or application monitoring feature
called “Defense+”, which matches or exceeds the security performance of pay products.
Comodo also provides a “memory firewall”…
:-TU

If you look through the previous posts of the haters you will see that the people concerned have a long history of attacking Comodo and indeed Melih himself. They are very involved with other products.

well done comodo :-TU

The problem with the Matousec test set is that it is designed to test HIPS and firewall implementation only. This is just a limited subset of technology available to stop malware.

As such, the test is only useful for comparing one HIPS firewall with another (and even then, hybrid HIPS products don’t need to pass all of Matousec’s tests to be able to protect as effectively).

The test gives you no information on how effective HIPS/firewall technology is compared to other products (for eg. behavioral blockers).

The inclusion of non-HIPS products in this test is widely regarded as unsound methodology (with respect to what Matousec are trying to test) by serious security researchers.

true.

if u want a good AV check AC-Comparative then check Matousec for the firewall ^^

Who are these “serious security researchers”?

It doesn’t really matter what method a security suite uses as long as it protect the user that counts.

Regards,
Valentin N

Exactly, which is why the Matousec test is limited.

But how is it limited? Prevention is much more important than detection. If nothing can get in, there is nothing to detect… How does that old phrase go? “An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure”.

Go and tell them that, I don’t know why you criticize them here though. :wink: < oh let me guess, because comodo got the the first place in their challenge ? and now they are the official sponsor of matousec < come on , get serious for god’s sake !! and yes please share with us their reply on your message :smiley:

As far as I can see they are very respectful and talented people and their results are excellent and reliable , I actually look for their results to judge a security suite rather than looking at some outdated tests , as egemen said, held by the so-called " official organizations ".

It’s limited because protection can be achieved via other methods (non-HIPS). I didn’t say anything about detection.

I have no intention of telling them anything - they know it well themselves.

Why did I raise the point here? So that those (and it seems to be a growing number) who use this test as a benchmark of different products realise that getting higher scores on these tests does not imply better real life protection. It’s a point many (not all) on these forums miss. This test is just a rough gauge of HIPS performance.

^^^
hahaha , so obvious.

As you can see , you have no points. You can say nothing about their results and tests :smiley: . Otherwise , u would have contacted them in the first place ;D< again I’m giving you another chance to show your good intentions.

Point to me one single product that failed in their tests and it’s better in terms of protection, which is the major issue of their tests, than Comodo < believe me , you will find none , so stop wasting your time here and if you have something more technical, something we can all benefit from it, then come back and share it , otherwise , your posts are meaningless because they are nothing but misleading and may considered as trolls. :slight_smile:

Sorry, but the truth must be said :slight_smile:

cheers

Perhaps you should explain how HIPS performance does not relate to better real life protection.