CIS 5.3 got 100 % at matousec

Thanks for that…
Waiting for the information.

and here is the response , allow me to quote

Hello,

Thank you for your message.
As you can read in our guidelines - http://www.matousec.com/projects/proactive-security-challenge/faq.php#testing-guidelines - and related
pages, the products are always configured to what we call “highest usable security settings”.

In case of CIS the main changes are

1. using Proactive Security configuration profile (the default is Internet Security),
  2. disabling the Sandbox (it is enabled by default).

Antivirus component was left on its defaults, it was just needed to create a folder for the testing suite that was excluded from the AV scan.

Kind Regards,

www.matousec.com Support
Different Internet Experience Ltd.

Thanks for this info! :-TU

don’t mention it mate :slight_smile:

Great!

Nice, imagine what would of have happened if they enabled the sandbox, even more protection… so they did not use the full power of CIS, yet we still got 100%.

I think Melih, can safely say to all those who doubted him (saying test, test…) that Comodo can stand its ground.

The AV part of the suite is nice, but still needs bit more work? But with the new DACS, surely this would solve the problem… Although I’m not sure as it’s not been rolled out yet so we cannot see the problems that may arise…

Thanks Knk2006 for the quick response…

I am very glad to know that the test is done with all normal configuration.
Proactive security mode will only increase the scope of security rather than the level of security(To the best of my knowledge, it scans more ports, etc.,), and it’s again interesting that CIS is tested with Sandbox Off, while in actual scenario we will have the Sandbox On, which gives us even more protection (200%) ;D., not kidding…

Comodo really Rocks…

I am eagerly waiting to see Comodo Top in AV-Comparatives too… :-*

Why did they disable the sandbox? Thats not using the program to its maximum effective.

Nice

Actually and based on tests I saw 5.3 was weak till this release and the one before

COMODO is a nice program BTW how did Norton get only 40%?

No, thank their support for the quick response, I did nothing but sending a lousy message :smiley:

And about the sandbox, it’s so obvious that they test the core functionality of the HIPS equipped in the programs. Although the sandbox will provide less interaction, it might not give them accurate results when they apply their tools. It’s just like comodo’s leaking test which is not designed to test any sandbox :wink:

Norton doesn’t have ‘HIPS’…sucks to be them… ;D

Doesn’t have a sandbox either so if something gets past its signatures, sonar and what else it has your ****ed haha.

of what I have heard norton has HIPS but auto HIPS.

Regards,
Valentin N

Oh…what’s auto HIPS?

Anyway, I was going by the Gizmo list…
http://www.techsupportalert.com/content/probably-best-free-security-list-world.htm#HIPS

Auto HIPS is HIPS that decides what to do instead of you. HIPS for people who want the program do do everything for ya.

Ah, well then according to this test it sucks at making decisions…40% ???..yikes.

In the scores of Matousec test, Eset Smart Suite reaches just 6%. But sadly, in the Antivirus 2011 Readers’ Choice Awards it got now 45% of the votes against 37% for CIS and will be labelled the best security suite of the year in that magazine!!! >:(

Congratulation on another 100% perfect score with 5.3 :-TU.

Makes me happy seeing Norton at only 40% and hasn’t Kaspersky done well ;D. Poor old McAfee though :(.

Well done Comodo :■■■■.

:slight_smile:

matousec test is mostly an firewall/HIPS/BB test; and it is well known than D+ is an extremly efficient one.

norton and others are more focused on their Anti-virus. Comodo prevent perfectly (if set at maximum), norton and cie cleans better.

i want to see CIS tested in the AV-comparative test. this one wiil be interesting.