CIS 2025 is now LIVE!

Wow, CIS used to have a very beautiful interface.
I liked the one you’re commenting on.
There was a lot of show here, it shows respect

2 Likes

I installed Windows 7 on the second PC, and CIS 5.12 on it. Still the best interface style.

4 Likes

Wow friend, better style, it’s a shame it’s not as good a style as it used to be.
And does it still work today?
I keep thinking that his restraint is not the same as it is today.

Works on Windows 7. It can be customized.

Bad of all I don’t use Windows 7 Outdated system.

A vendor entry with no details appears on the vendor list. Please look at it.

2 Likes

Can you Click on Vendor Details and send a screenshot?

How do untrusted certificates get included in this list? Today I installed CIS 2025 and 47 untrusted ones were found in the list of suppliers. This never happened before. And one more thing – where did the 100 or 200 (I’m tired of counting, there are just a lot of them) Chinese and Korean suppliers come from? I haven’t met them before either (although I can’t guarantee that I’ve looked at the whole list before)…

1 Like

Sure thing except I mentioned it months ago last time.

can you pls send me some examples of these asap.
thanks.

1 Like

There may be unrecognized in the list of Trusted Vendors but none listed as “Untrusted”

Chinese ones I think have always been on the list but it’s been awhile since I’d check through them.

TOP TIP: If you remove all in the list and re-start it will automatically populate with software vendors of applications on your PC and the rating will be the Comodo rating for that vendor. I’d not done it in my fresh install recently but would love to see this list empty or based on quick scan at installation.

3 Likes

Heh, I counted, there were 822 of them, and these are only those with hieroglyphs, as in my screenshot. :slight_smile:
And the first question remained unanswered - how come there are as many as 47 untrusted vendors in the newly installed CIS?

2 Likes

When the discussion of hieroglyphic vendors is over, I will do so.

1 Like

Because they may be unrecognized as trusted vendors by Comodo or haven’t been cloud checked since your installation. Have you selected some of them and then click on Lookup?

1 Like

Yes, I noted and checked about 40 or 50 - all remained trusted.
And at the same time, I checked 47 unidentified vendors, and one (Zemana) became trusted.

1 Like

Well, must not be trusted by Comodo yet then. It will just not automatically trust files of the same vendor and file certificates are checked automatically anyway. I doubt it will have any impact on the installation or running of programs by those vendors. You can always do what I suggested and clear the entire list though won’t affect security either way.

2 Likes

It’s also one of the first steps after installation for me.

1 Like

Maybe the CIS team should take note of this nuance and add a “Clear list of vendors” checkbox?

1 Like

Just two clicks.

1 Like

In my previous post, I mentioned the absence of details or vendor information. I have removed the entry and will update here if I come across it again. Just to clarify, the vendor list is exclusively for “trusted” vendors, right?