CIS 10, Download websites database - failing [merged]

Hi Anuswara,

Can you please check now and let us know your status in updating Website database. We don’t have any issues.
Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards,
PremJK

Hi, the problem is still here.
Interesting:
https://postimg.cc/image/tvmtpw2i3/

I hope that the dev is right and will resolve the issue as he did on 28th November 2017.
Thanks, Best

Merged topics of the same issue. It looks to be a regional issue.

yes, exactly the same happened here.

just logged in to say that it’s been okay for two days now today and yesterday no issues, I hoped I don’t jinx it

after several days of no issues this morning it’s erring agin the same error, annoying!

I confirm 100%, but I suggest you to wait an official announcement about the fix.

Same here. Still errors and Comodo shows: “Websites database: 0”

Are you guys constantly checking for updates manually to invoke this error? And if so… why so often?
I don’t see this error anymore, but then I don’t invoke the check for updates as it’s completely automatic. It does this automatically according to CIS settings. When I have done it manually I see no issues.

I reinstalled and thus have a “Websites Database: 0”, so I really need a baseline for websites. Comodo now just lacks a part of security.

1x /each day, at boot, to check if there are “surprises”. Via automatic update you dont see the (existing!) issue :wink: but this does not seem a good solution. As said by the moderator, this may be a regional issue, i.e. only in certain countries. I had this issue in November, then Comodo engineers resolved it on 28th November 2017. Ok until june 2018. Perhaps tomorrow I will receive a reply by an engineer, which confirmed the issue via PM on 12th june. (Obviously the issue is not present if the database is updated, the “check for…” works always well). In the past 3 days all worked fine, until today.

Have had the same issue for some two weeks already. Eagerly looking for a fix.

I’ve had no issues at my end since 11th June. Current website database version 27027.

Eric

Eric Cryptid does your reply mean that devs will not resolve the issue? how they resolved it in November? It seems a very hard question.
thanks.
PS: database 29204.
web database: 26916 (not newer due to…this issue re-arised today).

Perhaps it’s not a bad idea of Dustyn. I check updates manually very often, too. When starting the PC it’s that the first what I do. My database version is, too: 2904 webdatabase 27051.

As a workaround:
There is at least a way (a link) to download manually the web defs and installing them by double click?

I have the same problem now and then. Did you add this to hosts:

91.209.196.83 download.comodo.com
91,209,196,83 www.download.comodo.com

But I don’t know if this helps.

[at]people with issue: can you follow the request quoted above, as I did (I just updated my post with a newer logs link!), to let the dev to compare the logs?

Addendum: https://postimg.cc/image/6x1adttcx/

There was a server issue for a day or two on the 9th or 10th of June. That particular server problem was resolved and I’ve had no issues since then. No doubt the devs are looking into but I’ll send them a PM.

https://postimg.cc/image/p2kv37op9/
Perhaps two different issues? because this reply was sent at the end of the day 12th june, when the issue - that you just described above - was already fixed.
maybe.