Chrome browser prompt

Comodo Internet Security v11.0.0.6778 - RC

Hi, since a week Comodo is alerting me about Chrome browser settings changes every time i turn on the PC.

I set Comodo for alerting me when some program try to change browser settings. I tried to reinstall Chrome but this issue persist i also resetted Chrome to the default settings, unistalled and reinstalled Comodo.

Any suggestion on what can i do? I have to turn the browser settings alert off? I am also not finding where this settings is. Can i exude only Chrome?

I have the same issue: Comodo is alerting browser changes (Chrome) on every PC start.
I tried to download the RC version posted by futuretech but the online download give errors 404 when setup are run… also need really to re-install Comodo?

If the actual Comodo version has issue an update should be released by the program itself…

You have to modify the Hosts File as below . .

Thanks, fixed with the new release.

There’s a hotfix update for 11.0.0.6744 now.

Yep I can confirm latest comodo update fixed it.

Looks like the problem has been fixed.

Thanks!

I’m on v 11.0.0.6744 and still getting the Chrome “Browser Protection” pop-up. I’m also getting Comodo “Updates are available” pop-ups = thoroughly confused.

Am I supposed to uninstall Comodo instead of doing an update? And if so, what’s the best practice to ensure I’m still protected once Comodo is uninstalled?

The hotfix is applied to version 11.0.0.6744. So even after updating your CIS version will continue to be 11.0.0.6744. You should update Comodo to receive the hotfix.

Im using free internet security, I think its version 10, and getting the error. Will this be fixed in free IS?

I think the hotfix that fixes this issue is only applied to the latest version of Comodo. You may need to therefore upgrade to version 11 to fix this. To do this:

1. Create a system restore (just in case something goes wrong): Create a system restore point - Microsoft Support
  2. In Comodo go to 'Settings > General Settings > Configuration > click on the settings that is ‘Active’ and click 'Export. Save this file on your desktop or somewhere safe. This file contains your settings. You can import it using the same method but clicking import instead of export, if something goes wrong and you need to perform a fresh install of Comodo.
  3. In Comodo go to Tasks > Update and follow the prompt
  4. Once completed, you may need to restart your computer then update Comodo one more time.

Alternatively, if you wish to stay on version 10 you should be able to add the new certificate directly from your Chrome.exe.

Warning: You do this at your own risk, as the following method may not guarantee that the certificate is from Google.

1. Open Google Chrome and keep it open
  2. Open Comodo and go to ‘Tasks > Unblock Applications’ and check that Chrome is not listed (this indicates that Comodo sees the file as safe, but it may not guarantee it has a Google certificate. Although I find it unlikely.)
  3. Open Comodo and go to 'Settings > File Rating > Trusted Vendors > Add > From Running Process > Select the first Chrome.exe > click OK
  4. Click OK again in your ‘Advanced Settings’ window.

I think that this should work, but I’m not 100% sure.

Finally fixed it on one of my VMs. Unsintalled Comodo free IS 10 and Chrome. Installed Comodo free IS 11 and chrome.
I’ll be trying the same tomorrow on another of my computers…

Vincent

Yup, the latest version has a fix specifically for that issue. As long as all your machines are updated to the latest version, you should no longer have the issue.

The hotfix fixed my Chrome issue!

On a side note, why does Comodo offer a “anti-virus” solution vs. anti-malware? Isn’t a virus just one lesser type of malware, meaning Comodo products only protect against viruses?

Good to hear.

I would guess the product name includes ‘Antivirus’ because not everyone knows what Malware is. Naming a product Antivirus opposed to Anti-malware is normal practice in the industry.

However if you read the website it does explain that it is anti-malware.

Ref: https://antivirus.comodo.com/

Comodo's award-winning free antivirus provides unbeatable protection from every type of malware.

The point I was trying to make, in my case, was that I had to reinstall both Comodo and Chrome to fix the popup bug when opening Chrome.

I tried to uninstalled Comodo Free IS 10 and install Comodo Free IS 11 and still got the popup when opening Chrome. Went back to previous state on my VM to try to just reinstall Chrome instead but was still getting the popup when opening Chrome.

Hope this might help other people :slight_smile: and thanks to everyone in this thread

Vincent

Hi vinceqt,

Update CIS 11.0.0.6744 to receive the hotfix.

chrome is my default,
I am getting this after I changed the default zoom settings of chrome. Although ofc it could be a coincidence…
Can I do anything other than turning off alerts for general programs trying to change browser settings (because I would rather not)

Thanks.

bump