Chrome browser prompt

For the last few weeks, I have been getting a regular prompt from Comodo telling me that Chrome wants to change my browser settings. NO other details are presented. It does not matter if I reply yes or no, the prompt keeps returning. Most annoying!

Anyone know why this is happening and how to fix it?

in settings > advanced protection > miscellaneous > uncheck > Show alerts if applications try to change your browser settings

Yes, but WHY do I keep getting the prompt, regardless of if I click KEEP or CHANGE? Never had this problem before a few weeks ago.

Would be helpful if Comodo told me WHAT was trying to change the browser settings and WHAT SETTING was attempting to be change.

You may well find that something like CCleaner or a similar History or Temp file cleaner’s settings are clearing the browser files which will generate that message

Is Chrome your default browser or a different one?

Chrome is not default. I don’t use it too often. This message seems to pop up everytime I start the browser. Of course, I have a variety of add-in’s running, so unsure who might be causing this or why suddenly. That is why I asked for Comodo to ID where the request was coming from.

Next time it happens, check the logs - Alerts and see what is shown there

Nothing useful in the logs. See attached.

Is it changing or trying to change the setting to be the default browser?

I do not know. If you review my original post at the top, you will see the pop-up that appears. There is no info as to WHAT setting(s0 is trying to be changed. All I know from the pop-up is that CHROME.EXE is trying to change something in the browser and I always reply to keep the settings as they are.

Comodo has to give me more info on what is happening because what is being showed now does not give me anything useful to work with.

And am I the only person experiencing this? If so, why?

Yes - I saw the original post and it shows the warning that ‘Chrome is trying to change’ etc. . . . in other words it is trying to change the settings of your default browser. You haven’t said what is your default browser, or what settings you have in that browser

Is isn’t Comodo stopping anything; it is merely giving you a warning of what is happening with your default browser settings

[quote author=Ploget link=topic=123474.msg884845#msg884845 date=1548549394]
Yes - I saw the original post and it shows the warning that ‘Chrome is trying to change’ etc. . . . in other words it is trying to change the settings of your default browser. You haven’t said what is your default browser, or what settings you have in that browser

Is isn’t Comodo stopping anything; it is merely giving you a warning of what is happening with your default browser settings
[/quote
My default browser is Firefox. Has been for many years. This problem occurs whenever I open Chrome (sometimes delayed for minutes before the warning window pops up), so unsure what you think Firefox might have to do with this problem.

The OP shows that “chrome.exe” is trying to make the change. Comodo offers me no further info of what subtask within Chrome might be doing this or what setting might be up for change. This is what I am trying to discover!

I’m getting the same alert after just updating Chrome. I have Firefox as my default browser so I’m not sure what Chrome is trying to change, as with the TC this hasn’t happened before.

Since this morning everytime I launch Chrome, Comodo asks me that “chrome.exe is trying to change the current settings of your browser” , and gives me two options: keep current settings AND change current browser settings.
This is very annoying as no matter what option I select it keeps asking the same question everytime I launch Chrome.
I googled this Browser Settings Protection, Cloud Antivirus Programs, Computer Scan | COMODO but my Comodo Firewall 11 does not have this option in the settings.
So how to disable Browser Protection? or prevent this same message from showing up?

Miscellaneous Settings, Virus Protection Software | Internet Security | COMODO just turn off the Show alerts if applications try to change your browser settings option

Hi, I am a newbie to Comodo and the forums. So far, I am very impressed with the free edition of CIS premium 11. :slight_smile:
Just recently, when I access my Chrome browser, I have been getting a popup saying “Chrome.exe trying to change your current settings of your browser.” I have attached an attachment for your review. Since this has been happening, I have clicked on “keeping my current browser settings”. My question is this what I should be doing or ???

I appreciate that will stop the alert, but it’s a pity more information isn’t given in the alert to let users know what exactly is being changed.

The alert is for when any application attempts to open any setting/configuration/profile file that belongs to FF, Chrome, or IE in read & write mode. It is a generic alert that unfortunately doesn’t provide exact details.

If CIS provides popup alert and you deactivate it in settings > advanced protection > miscellaneous > uncheck , I would think this would prevent any other possibly ‘important’ Alerts (other than Chrome)?

The question is, WHY is this occurring. What is driving it. It’s a shame that Comodo doesn’t have the ability to scope out more helpful information.

So after looking at Chrome update history wiki it looks like there was an update 72 on 29 Jan which coincides with when the issue started, and I never had any comodo prompt with chrome 71.