Chrome browser prompt

Hi. I, recently, updated Chrome browser to the newest version and everytime i open it get this message… ( It says, Chrome.exe is trying to change current configuration of your browser )

https://s15.directupload.net/images/190202/kygxkwjf.png

I already asked Chrome and they say Chrome is not trying to change anything at all.

Hi.

After updating Chrome I keep getting the following message:

“chrome.exe is trying to change the current settings of your browser”

No matter which option I click, I keep getting the message everytime I launch the browser.

The Logs do not specify anything further either.

Thank’s didn’t see that.

Unfotunatley there is no solution suggested, only to turn off the alerts.

It would be nice if Comodo was able to display what exactly is causing this so it could be better investigated.

I will continue this in the linked topic.

After updating Chrome I am now also getting this.

I agree, turning off the alerts is not a solution.

I would like to know what is causing it also so I can fix the cause instead of the symptoms.

I do not have CCleaner and can’t think of any other software that would be suddenly trying to change browser settings.

Hello,

Ever since I updated Google Chrome (64-bit) to 72.0.3626.81, I’m getting this popup from “Comodo Browser Protection” every single time I open the browser.

I don’t want to turn off the alerts to show unwanted changes in browsers under Advanced Protection

Windows 10 Pro 64bit - 1809 (17763.292)

Comodo Firewall - 11.0.0.6744

Google Chrome 64-bit - 72.0.3626.81

It also does to me with the latest 32-bit version of Chrome. Solve !!!
Thank you!

This from the Chrome Help pages . . maybe of use

Sometimes, programs that you install can change your Chrome settings without you knowing. For your safety, the browser checks if your settings have been changed every time you launch Chrome. If Chrome notices that something’s not right in your settings, it will automatically go back to the original settings.
Settings that might automatically get reset:

• Default search engine
    • Homepage
    • Start-up pages
    • Pinned tabs
    • Extensions

Thanks Ploget :slight_smile:

As I say though I don’t know of any application on my computer that would try to do that. All extensions are disabled and the only thing that started these alerts (just like the users above) was to update to Chrome 72.

Every time I open Chrome, Comodo warns me that Chrome is trying to change my browser settings. How do I find out what they are trying to change, and why? I keep rejecting the changes, but I’m scared they might be security updates and I’m making myself unsafe.

Same thing here, very annoying. Still no fix?

UPDATE: I have had a reply back from Comodo via a support ticket.

They say that they have found the reason for this and that it is caused by a Google Certificate change. They say that they are also ready with a fix for it and this will be released in the next Comodo update.

Excellent, thanks for the update.

Win7 Home x86
Avast Free AV
Comodo Free FW

Since updating Chrome to latest version (72.0.3626.81, previously was 71…), Comodo FW (11.0.0.6744) is reporting “chrome.exe is trying to change the current settings of your browser” (see attached image). Well, it hardly seems surprising to me that chrome.exe is trying to change its own settings.

If I click “Keep current browser settings”, the Comodo pop-up occurs repeatedly throughout the day, whereas if I click “Change current browser settings” the pop-up only appears once per day.

I can see that under Comodo’s Advanced Settings, Advanced Protection, Miscellaneous one can un-check “Show alerts in case any other software attempts to modify settings of installed browsers”. But doing so is by no means ideal.

It seems as if Comodo is treating chrome.exe as “any other software”, when maybe it should not be.

I cannot see any other, more granular, means of allowing chrome.exe to permanently update its own settings.

Does Comodo (or its database) need updating or something else?

Have the same issue. Doesn’t matter if I select change or keep. I have Chrome as Default browser so who ever said that was the cause its not …

BTW, what kind of advice is this coming from a moderator. To turn off a useful future to fix a bug???

Sweet! thanks for taking the time to submit a ticket. It’s a looooong process that is 88)

Hi Everyone.

New CIS version with the fix will be released shortly (I mean really shortly :slight_smile: ), I’ll post the link to announcement here as soon as new CIS is available for download.

Brill, thanks Vladimir!

Is the update installed automatically, can we look for updates?

Glad I’m not the only one who’s dealing with this, and that ya’ll found the problem and are fixing it :slight_smile: Tried both keep and change to the options, still keeps coming up, it was driving me nuts.

Well! I started this thread and went back and forth with PLOGET across 11 posts until others started confirming this problem. Now looks like the problem has been identified and a fix will be made available. Hallelujah!