CFP 3.0.9.229 BETA BSODs[CLOSED]

Please DO remember to add those informations to all BSODs you post .

[ol]- Windows Version/Bit and Service Packs

• Your realtime Antivirus/version,Spyware remover/Version, other Security Software/Version
  • Affected Driver/Software and Version (if the bug doesn’t affect window itself)
  • Brief description of the problem (Attach Diagnostic report or crash dumps if needed)
  • Steps to reproduce the bug (if applicable)
  • Gmer report (download) Only for 32bit platforms[/ol]

https://forums.comodo.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=6747.0;attach=3542;image

https://forums.comodo.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=13169.0;attach=7517;image

Find your minidumps
Paste the Small dump directory string you found in Startup and Recovery Dialog (eg. %SystemRoot%\Minidump) in explorer and hit go

https://forums.comodo.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=13169.0;attach=7523;image

NOTE: According to Microsoft, there are several reasons why the Memory.dmp file is not being created when your computer encounters a STOP message:

[attachment deleted by admin]

I got a BSOD after the firs reboot, could not capture thow… no memory dump avail., restarted and everything is working fine, so can’t really say what happened other than it happened after installing Beta 3, I presume it was Defense+ because I’m behind a router so I usually don’t have inbound problems …

Running XP SP2 32bit Spanish, Nod32 full and CFP Beta 3.

Cannot reproduce the BSOD because It was a one time event, I can uninstall and try to install again if you want but if it messes up my system you’ll see FIREBALLS (:KWL)

Hello MasterTB,

Can you got out any informations form the eventviewer? (start → run… → eventvwr.msc, especialy from System)

Arki

That’s what’s weird, NO RECORD of the error. The System log is clear of errors.

Ok, here we go again

Windows Vista Ultimate 32 bit
Core2Duo E6600
2 Gigabytes of RAM

Realtime Security software used

Tea Timer (A.K.A Spybot S&D Resident) v1.5.0.9
AVG Antivirus v7.5.488
AVG AntiSpy (free edition, starts at boottime but isn’t really residential) v7.5.1.43
The stuff that comes with Vista itself (Windows defender I guess)

I get BSOD’s at system start (just after the shiny windows logo, when Vista normally goes to the desktop screen) whenever I have Defense+ activated. The last time this happened the cause was BAD_POOL_HEADER, if I remember correctly.

I can activate Defense+ after a succesful boot with it disabled, but after a few hours I again get a BSOD (I think for the same reason) and then I have to boot into safe mode to disable Defense+ again otherwise I run into the initial BSOD at windows start.

The BSOD’s don’t result in memory dumps being made, and yes I did check the settings and they are set as they should be set.

I did try to disable Image Execution Control (as was suggested for one of the earlier Beta’s), but that seems to have no positive effects.

At the moment I have Defense+ disabled, hopefully you can fix this problem for the next version.

UPDATE

Just experienced another BSOD. Again BAD_POOL_HEADER as the indicated cause. Again no minidump.

This was with Defense+ disabled, so I guess it must have happened via CPF itself.

Hello!

I’m using Windows XP(x32) SP2
I use Avira AntiVir security suite (firewall uninstalled).
I get a BSOD and here is what the Event view records:

Event Type: Error Event Source: Service Control Manager Event Category: None Event ID: 7000 Date: 9/29/2007 Time: 8:06:14 PM User: N/A Computer: RDR Description: The Plustek USB Scanner service failed to start due to the following error: The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Now you will say it’s about the Plustek scanner but Comodo has the big role in this. No Comodo installed on my computer in 2 months, no BSOD, installed Comodo in one hour a BSOD, uninstalled Comodo, no BSOD again. :frowning:

Edit: Now, anothe restart from nothing… the Plustek scanner was totally uninstalled now and there is no Error in the Event View this time. :frowning:
I don’t know what happens…

Now I hit Diagnostics button under Miscellanous and I got a new BSOD. :frowning:

Is someone looking here at this thread ? I got also many BSODs with Beta 2 and it seems nothing has changed. :frowning:

Yep I read it :-\ I found out that the Introduction post I made was a bit lacking in details. Maybe now that I rewrote it you can post more details in order to help developers to pinpoint the issue and solve it.

If you want the product to work and you feel inconfortable with betatesting in general you may wish to wait for a Release Candidate or the Final version.

Anyway It would be a great help if you continue testing it and for example uninstall your AV for a few hours in order to give a valuable proof that there is a compatibility issue with it.

If you still experience BSOD then the problem lies in another software/driver and a Microsoft System Information Report would be needed.

ok… I"ll uninstall it and see what happend. Then I’ll post again. Thank you!

Sorry, but my system get totally ■■■■■■■ up. This Beta is very unstable and killed my system. I’ll wait for the final version (:WAV)

It is quite unlikely that CFP can cause such prsistent BSODs. If you can provide us a minidump, we can immediately identify the buggy piece and let you know.

Thx,
egemen

Running XP SP2 32bit, CAVS beta 2, Spyware Terminator

BSOD occurred at the “configuring CPF” stage of installation, unfortunately no memory dump was created.

This error appears to have prevented the software from completing the install, upon reboot CPF did not load, and when I manually started it from its program folder it presented an error message, so I ran the diagnostics utility which apparently found and fixed some problems.

In addition, CPF is not listed it the start menu or add-remove programs (I assume it should be). So, Does anyone know how I can remove the software and try again and see if the same thing happens?

Thanks

Your only option ATM is to use system restore.

Thanks for the quick reply gibran, I’ve done a system restore, reinstalled CPF and the same thing happened again.

The dump settings are exactly as stated in your first post, but again no dump file was created, and nothing appears in the event viewer either - odd.

I’ll have to switch back to 2.4, but if you can think of anything else I can do to record the error info then let me know.

What message you got on the BSOD?

Hi Just installed CFP 3.0.9.299 Beta, evrything is working fine but when I click " Check for updates" under MISELLANEUS, I get BSOD. no dump was created.
Using:
Windows Xp Pro/ 32bit/ SP2
NOD32 2.7

BSOD:
STOP: c000021a {Fatal system error}
The windows subsystem system processterminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc0000005 (0x7c9106c3 0x0052dd88)

CFP is also not showing my Nvidia network card and there is nothing in zones, if I try to add it , it says “can’t edit”.

That is because csrss.exe has crashed. This is a bug in Windows XP. Can you please update your windowx XP?

We will remove the manifest from updater but nonetheless updating windows XP may fix the problem.

Well, unfortunately no minidump was created and I don’t want to risk installing it again. :frowning:
I’m using Avira Security Suite (full install except for the firewall). You can test this configuration if you can. Maybe the new WebGuard (http scanning) feature from Avira is incompatible with Comodo.
Thanks

• Win XP x64 SP2
  • AVG Antivir Free 7.5.488
  • I found no affected driver/software.
  • While virus scanning, I got a BSOD showing no specific cause but only the following hex values:
    STOP: 0x0000007f (0x0000000000000008, 0x0000000080050031, 0x00000000000006f8, 0xfffff800010554b7)
    Minidump is attached.
  • No steps to reproduce the bug.
  • GMER reports that its service is not compatible with my system (?) and then crashes. I guess this may be because of the x64 platform: GMER tried to use a service gmer.sys in %WINDIR%\drivers, but this file is located in %WINDIR%\SysWOW64\drivers on my system. So no GMER log for this report.

Hi all,

1. Windows Version/Bit and Service Packs:
    Vista Business x64 and all the updates that have come so far.

2. Your realtime Antivirus/version,Spyware remover/Version, other Security Software/Version:
    Norton Internet Security 2007, the security suite contains Norton’s own spyware removal.

3. Affected Driver/Software and Version (if the bug doesn’t affect window itself):
    While starting up the computer and booting Vista it often crashes to a blue screen. Crashes happen with the latest 3.0.9.229 x64 version of the firewall. There weren’t any issues with the previous 3.0.8.214 version.

“Technical information: *** STOP: 0x0000007E (0xffffffffc0000005, 0xfffff80001e8585e, 0xfffff980056b1a08, 0xfffff980056b13e0)

• Brief description of the problem (Attach Diagnostic report or crash dumps if needed):
    I have attached the minidumb file.

• Steps to reproduce the bug (if applicable)
    These crashes happen often (but not every time) when the computer has been turned on and Windows is starting up.