CFP 3.0.9.229 BETA BSODs[CLOSED]

Sorry,
GMER is not compatible with 64 bit windows.
and RootKit Hook Analyzer removed 64bit support in their latest versions

1.Winxp+SP2(standard official SP2)+32Bit+ Chinese edition

2.No any other security software(The firewall inner Windows Xp was closed)

3.Random application

4.Suddenly BSOD when I start a application(any application maybe cause BSOD, not a same application), The screen display"Stop, c000021a unknow hard error", no DMP files available.

5.Cann’t reproduce

6.Gmer report (download) Only for 32bit platforms

Well, I’ve been reading this thread but haven’t understood much of it ???

The BSODs tend to be a bit unpredictable but seem to occur when there are 2 or more things happening - so much for multi-tasking and dual-core!

Now, is there a version coming soon that will stop the BSODs or do I have to install ZA ?

Peter.

Just a litlle notice.Those of you running vista x64 with 4 gigs of ram and a nforce chipset.There is a bug in vista that makes BSOD if your running with that kind of hardware,a hotfix is made and you can get it on microsoft HP.I first thougt that it was comodo making BSOD but after i installed the hotfix,no problems at all.

1* AMD Athlon XP 2500+, 1 GB RAM, NV GF6600, SB Live 5.1
2* Windows XP Pro SP2
3* NOD32, and before that - Avira Antivir - bsod doesn’t depend on that I think
4* I receive BSOD each day directly at 10.00 AM GMT +2
5* Steps: I can resolve this by turning off CPF before each of 10.00 AMs but… it’s kinda annoying :slight_smile:

Any memory dumps ou can post?

Thx,
egemen

Hi. I’ve been getting BSODs on boot-up once in a while ever since I installed the new Beta. 3.0.8 was giving me the same problem, but the start-up BSODs vanished after I upgraded to 3.0.9, just to begin to reappear (about 3 days and 2 successful boots after the upgrade).

• Windows Vista Home Basic 32bit
  • AVG Free 7.5.488

I’ve attached dumps from two of the crashes along with a report from GMER. Windows reports the error as follows on startup:

Problem signature: Problem Event Name: BlueScreen OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.2 Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 1000007e
BCP1: C0000005
BCP2: 88862164
BCP3: 836A7444
BCP4: 836A7140
OS Version: 6_0_6000
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1

EDIT: Nevermind, I disabled image execution control and haven’t gotten a crash sense. I thought that setting the Defense+ security level to disabled would effectively disable all of Defense+ but apparently that wasn’t the case.

[attachment deleted by admin]

HW: mb Asus P5B, cpu Intel C2D E2160, ram 1GB Transcend DDR2 800MHz

Could not complete installation, got BSOD.

stop: c000021a {fatal system error}
The windows SubSystem system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc0000005 (0x7c9106c3 0x0069f074)

Also running CAV 2.0 beta.

Goran

After installation my PC keeps rebooting very shortly after windows bootup starts. I’m running Windows XP64 with SP2. I’ve also experienced corruption of the \windows\system32\config\system file. Running an Athlon x2 4400+ processor.

Any ideas?

I’ve uninstalled the old Beta version prior to my install attempt and Windows firewall is disabled. Uninstalled the antivirus I was running (AVG 7.5) but still have the rebooting issue.

Thanks!

Does anyone mind if I explain how to read the contents of your own minidump file?

If not, read on (:TNG)

1. Download the Debug Toolkit and install it.
  2. create a ReadDump.cmd file on your desktop
  3. paste these lines in the file…
cd\
cd "C:\Program Files\Debugging Tools for Windows"
windbg.exe -y srv*c:\symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols -i c:\windows\i386 -z c:\windows\minidump\Mini102307-01.dmp
  1. edit the Mini102307-01.dmp with the name of the minidump file on your PC, and save it
  2. execute the file just created.
  3. the debugger tool will launch and list a summary of what it thinks the faulting files/drivers are… make sure you give the application a minute or 2 to complete it’s job… I does go online for symbol information.
  4. once the summary is completed, you will also notice alink to show details, click this link to show detailed stack information of what was going on at the time of the crash

happy dump file reading :THNK :■■■■

Same, where can I download the old version again until this is fixed?

here’s the direct links

Download Locations:
Windows XP/Vista 32 Bit
http://download.comodo.com/cpf/download/setups/beta/CFP_Setup_3.0.8.214_XP_Vista_x32_BETA.exe (18.5 MB (19,451,632 bytes))

Windows XP/Vista 64 bit(x64/AMD64)
http://download.comodo.com/cpf/download/setups/beta/CFP_Setup_3.0.8.214_XP_Vista_x64_BETA.exe (40.1 MB (42,118,896 bytes))

and here´s the link to melih´s post with the download links

https://forums.comodo.com/cfp_beta_corner/cfp_308214_beta_is_now_available_for_download_closed-t11950.0.html;msg84479#msg84479

you may have to set your computer date back to install this beta, I’m not sure how far.
beware this may affect activation on some Antivirus and possibly other programs.

hope this help
OD

Windows XP Pro 32bit + SP2 + Security fixes
SpywareTerminator 2.01.224
ProcessGuard 3.410
Symantec Antivirus Corporate Edition 9.0.3.1000

After running Anti Keylogger Tester 2.5 which can be found at

firewallleaktester.com - This website is for sale! - firewallleaktester Resources and Information. ,

I noticed that different programs stop working, and I get a BSOD during shutdown restart

All tests are blocked, but after testing has been completed my browser crashes when launched, IPconfig will not work, and my system BSODs doing a shutdown restart.

Stop: 0x000000D4 0x00000002 0x00000001 0x804DBC9a (Sorry no dump)
rdbss.sys

Upon reboot, everything is back to normal until I run the keylogger test again. I did not have these symptoms until installing the beta.

Catch a Dump file for above situaition yesterday, please see attachment.

And: when I click “Check for updated” or run CPFupdate.exe directly must cause BSOD, Why?–No dump.