CFP 3.0.9.229 BETA 32-Bit Bug Reports [CLOSED]

incompatible with vista VPN client. Cannot connect to VPN unless the firewall is disabled

Vista 32 bit Pentium D 3.0 2x1gb kingston Ram x1650 Power Color Graphics Samsung 250gb Sata 2
I got mine fixed the hard way.
First I uninstall via control panel and used the reg cleaner tool for one of the Alpha’s.

Then noticed I had no Internet connection and noticed I had Comodo miniport devices listed in Device Manager. So tried to remove but they would not uninstall so I uninstall the Network cards (one wireless, one wired) then went to reboot but upon reboot got a bsod with ndis.sys being the culprit.

Could not go to safe mode either so used the repair option from the Vista Install DVD and I it wanted to do a System restore so I did and it rebooted ok.

But when Vista was loaded I had no net connection as CFP was still partly in the system but not loading so thought will try to reinstall CFP 3.09 but…

Thge file had gone as I downloaded it with the help of Flashget (file manager) and for some reason System Restore deleted the CFP 3.09 file.

So had to reinstall CFP 3.08 which worked ok then uninstalled and manually went through the reg and removed as many traces of CFP as possible.

Rebooted installed CFP 3.09 rebooted and all ok now.

Yes the short way to fix lol but now ok.
Zos

Training Mode always learns wrong rules .
I set a rule “C:*” in “My Protected Files” , if a program modify one file\folder in C:\ , CFP will allow this program to modify all files\folders (it adds “C:*” in “Allowed Files\Folders” of the program) .

protocol analysis still drop most of emule’s kad network search result

This game isn’t using GameGuard (i know that from other online RPG games, but this hasn’t got any visible defense).

Running it on a vista system.

Whenever the firewall is active, there is constant disk seeks going on. This stops immediately when I disable the firewall. Is this intentional, or a bug? I hope this program can be optimized where this constant disk seeking does not occur.

Hi guys,
Wondering if you could shed some light on this issue. When the firewall component is set to enabled, there is constant disk seeks on my hard drive. I know it’s caused by the firewall because as soon as I set it to disabled, this behavior disappears. Is there a way to disable this disk seek behavior? Is it trying to write to a log? Please shed some light.

Thanks.

Vista Home premium 32

Updates to Vista fail as on beta 2.
Is there a way to update without uninstalling?

Oh what is installation mode?
Zos

Zos
If you look in How it works(page two) in CFP Beta Corner it is explain there.
Installation mode is for updates etc.
Dennis

Hey Denis2,

“Program Files” and “Progra~1” is the same path. Check it out from Run…:
cmd /K “cd C:\Program Files”
Type in the “dir” command (no quotes).
cmd /K “cd C:\Progra~1”
Again, type in the “dir” command.
I hope that helps to figure out futher problems. In DOS (command prompt) you can cut names after the 6th character, then add a ~ sign, then up to the ABC, add the number (ex. you want to enther to Program Files2, you should write Progra~2).

Arki

Hey Zos,

You must uninstall previous verion, reboot, then install new version, then reboot again. For the Installation mode, check “egemen”'s posts or use search.

Arki

The previous beta worked fine for me(and looked fine). Installed this one and it seems that not all fits into the comodo window (See screenshot attached). (:AGY) My DPI is set to 120, but all my other programs look fine. Surely if the previous beta looked fine there should be no reason to change the dpi just for comodo? (:SAD)

Cheerz
Voodoo

[attachment deleted by admin]

+1
But I’m using Windows XP Pro SP2

NO! NO! NO! I am talking about Windows Vista Updates That’s the updates from Microsoft.
I know this must sound obvious now, but I can,t do the updates from Microsoft.

So how would I do updates From Windows Updates as when I reboot they fail. Tried all sorts of things including disable (allow all) exit, and installation mode.

When I said to update without reinstalling I was refering to Microsoft Windows Vista Updates.
Sorry for yelling at start but I was just trying to get my message through from way down under in Australia.
Thanks in advance for an answer for Microsoft Windows Vista Updates Wont install if Needs to be rebooted Zos

This is a minor Interface/GUI glitch affecting ALL platforms

& (ampersand) character in rule titles is not visualized corretly in all CFP Menus (Lan & Outgoing is missing the &)

Since it is a special charchter for menus(key accelerators) it should be escaped.

Thanks Ariki

I would not mind the path being in DOS it is the fact that I get four new entries on every reboot.

Dennis

I have the same issue with eMule here. Even when my network rules are in place and working, and eMule has High ID I cannot get past 50Kb download rate, connections aren’t completed or are terminated too early for the download session to complete.
I’ve tried every option in the Attack Detection Settings and no matter how light or hard I put the firewall it’s the same issue, even if I disable it I can’t get it to download!! (:SAD)

Running XP SP2 32 bit. Two bugs, the first one is (or was - I had to uninstall) a major issue.

1. Defense+ just won’t learn. Starting Firefox causes countless of alerts, I always chose “OK” and tick “remember”, but every time I start Firefox the same procedure has to be done. Also, even though I allowed everything regarding connections, the firewall didn’t let me access the internet in Firefox. Internet Explorer however worked fine, Defense+ remembered and the firewall didn’t block.

2. Minor bug: uninstalling left the uninstaller entry in the registry, I saw it in CCleaner.

Back to 2.4, again.

/LA

Greetings,

I installed CPF 3.0.9.229 today, and after I rebooted everything was okay.
My anti-keylogger software(it’s from 2003, but it still works :)) warned me about CPF trying to hook my keyboard.

http://img105.imageshack.us/img105/4110/cpfkled1.png

I know CPF is not a keylogger, but I want to know why it needs to use hooks.
It seems to work fine with hooks disabled.

Anyways, I rebooted it a second time, and this time I got no BSoD(like I did with older versions), but instead CPF failed to start. I started it manually. It failed.

I’m using Windows XP 32-bit, Service Pack 2, fully updated
AMD Athlon XP(x86) 2400+
Security softwares(real-time): Avast Home Edition 4.7.1043, PSM AntiKeyLogger 1.0.1, SnoopFree Privacy Shield 1.0.7, CMG 1.0.1.5 BETA, TeaTimer 1.5.0.9

I’ll attach the crash dump file.

I’ll go back to 2.4, but hopefully I’ll be able to use this promising security software in the future!

Keep up the good work! (R)

Ragwing

Defense+ needs hook to protect system .