CFP 3.0.9.229 BETA 32-Bit Bug Reports [CLOSED]

Only a silly thing but after installation on XP Home, SP2, fully patched, I had a system freeze only solved by a forced shutdown.
Cause ( ;D) Popcap Games - Bookworm!
This game was perfectly OK on the previous beta.
Unistalled the firewall & all works fine now!

I’m on a Vista 32-bit system, and the firewall part does not work. I get a message “The network firewall is not functioning properly.” This is true, because there’s no firewall activity. I already tried clean installs and registry cleaners - same result. It tells me to run diagnostics, but then that runs into a critical error.

I[s] see that CFP now includes Comodo Memory Guardian 1.0.1.5 beta.

Why is this not the latest (newer) version 1.0.1.6 beta?[/s]

Sorry, my mistake.

This beta is not remembering the size of the Firewall Network Security Policy window if you resize it. The previous betas did. The Defense+ Computer Security Policy window size is remembered.

FrizzleFry, I moved your post from the General Feedback thread to the Bug Report thread.

LM

Ok, so P2P + beta 3 = complete disaster. With 70 connections and 190 kB down/150 kB up, cpf.exe is eating 95% of CPU (@2GHz) and the GUI is completely unresponsive. Beta 2 had no problems with this, using around 5% of CPU (underclocked to 1 GHz).

Well now we are 2 with the same issue… not that I’m happy about it (:KWL)

Where did you read that?? That is a nice add!!!

Acer Aspire 1700
Windows XP Home Version 2000 Service Pack 2
Pentium 4 3.06ghz
AVG 7.5 Anti Virus Professional

New problem with this beta it reads this file in DOS and enters it in defence four times each time I reboot. (Part of AVG 7.5)
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgamsvr.exe (system not user)
This file is not mention in defence
Found in services.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgupsvc.exe (system not user)
(Only 2 system files running for AVG 7.5)
All user files and other system files have correct path C:\Program Files\

Using windows xp
Avast Home
Superantispyware

So when the first restart came after installing Comodo beta 3, I got a BSOD and had to press the shut down button on my computer tower to restart the computer. The new beta is still kinda noisy, I wouldn’t think it’ll ask for connections for Avast anymore, but I am happy to see Superantispyware was less noisy through Comodo. Also surfing through videos on youtube was a little slower using Comodo, so far I haven’t used it with p2p yet, so I hope that is better too.

+1

Hello, This Beta conflicts with P2P soft, cfp.exe causing 100% cpu usage.
Disable Firewall and Defense+ can not solve problem.

Hmmm. Thx for the feedback guys. We will fix this issue.

hi,

In c:\windows\inf directory, you will find files with this format OEM*.* for example OEM1.inf or OEM2.pnf.

2 of these files, must have COMODO entry in it. Please try to delete them and retry installing to see if it helps.

Egemen

I don’t know about spikes during P2P, but even when I allowed everything in Utorrent, I still can’t connect anymore to download any file and I even put utorrent in trusted option in Comodo. :cry:

I have same problem will try what you posted and report back.
Zos

Using this beta under Win Vista Home Premium.
The shutdown-restart of the computer takes about 2 mins :o

Tried as above and still get message in CFP main screen.
The message is red and says “The network firewall is not functioning properly!”
It appears on all pages.

And all programmes connect to Internet without asking!!!
So what to try next hmmm
Zos

Thanks, egemen, but it also didn’t work for me. I didn’t even see any Comodo files in the folder.

Couple of small points;

1. If you use the wizard to create a zone and then rename the zone, the “wizard created” policies don’t get renamed to the new zone name.

2. In the file submission selection window, “Desktop” is the superior object, with all other file system objects (“My Computer”, C:, D: etc.) under it. Normal convention is that “My Computer” and “Desktop” are at the same hierarchical level.

Cheers,
Ewen :slight_smile:

P.S. File submission for analysis is really nicely put together.

When CFP is just executed , the list is empty , and all protections don’t work just like Beta2.
Maybe this is a personal problem , some other people said they didn’t find this problem .
CFP is initialized too slowly , so there is no protection when it is just executed .
AV: Avira Antivir (P)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Maybe this game use GameGuard?
If you use ProcessGuard, yuo will see that this software, made for preventing the use of bots and other hacks in game, will access and try to modify (at least is what processguard tell me) every program in ram.