CFP 3.0.8.214 Beta is now available for download! [Closed]

I’m having the same dificulty crimghost. ???

I have reported this issue to the mods & admins.

the right link is like this:

http://download.comodo.com/cpf/download/setups/beta/CFP_Setup_3.0.8.214_XP_Vista_x64_BETA.exe

That link giving me a 404 error as well. I’m actually trying to download the 32 bit version. I’ve flushed my dns resolver cache and it seems no links in the forums are working for me. So, I’m guessing either the server is down which it would seem not to be if the links are working for others or my dns servers haven’t themselves been updated yet. dunno though.

Links in the original post of this thread are now working for me. Thanks for all the help from everyone else though as well as whomever fixed the link.

It used Thunderbird for me, so it should run to your default mail client. Still, internally handling error reports might be a good idea.

Try these links… found them after some deep Googling:

http://us3.download.comodo.com/cpf/download/setups/beta/CFP_Setup_3.0.8.214_XP_Vista_x32_BETA.exe
http://us3.download.comodo.com/cpf/download/setups/beta/CFP_Setup_3.0.8.214_XP_Vista_x64_BETA.exe

I’m not a moderator… these links point to Comodo’s website, but download at your own risk.

For those that can’t found the correct link to download 64bits version, from Softpedia:

http://us2.download.comodo.com/CFP/download/setups/beta/CFP_Setup_3.0.8.214_XP_Vista_x64_BETA.exe

(R) (V)

If doesn’t work, try to download from Softpedia. Here’s the link: http://www.softpedia.com/get/Security/Firewall/Comodo-Personal-Firewall.shtml

P.s.: sorry for my english…

Woaah… At last… You are my personal jesus christ… Thank God. I’ve tried and cursed Vista’s firewall again and again. That stupid firewall only gave me 2 choices… switch my internet into private network (thus opens my shared folder to internet), or turn off my file sharing. Extremely stupid eh?

Well, I guess I can turn off my vista firewall, then set all of my network as private, and let comodo handle my internet firewall.

cool. i may have to ditch zone alarm free-for-vista for this. how close is it to final release btw? i haven’t had much experience with beta software.

Jack Bauer + Comodo Software = Nerdgasm

Jack Bauer is my hero. Oh yea, I love Comodo software. 88) (L)

Thanks, Comodo!
:BNC :BNC

[size=10pt]Thank You Melih, Thank You CPF Team for the wonderful product. [/size]
(:CLP)

(L)

Hello to all!
My first post here also first time COMODO user and all I can say after some testing and work with this fine product but this (:CLP) :BNC .

I was a long time ZA user (XP campaing) but after I switch to VISTA ZA just couldn’t get it right. So I was forced to use the VISTA BASIC FW because ZA couldnt stelth the ports but then I was pointed to this FW.

All ports are non visible and the app+folder protection is most welcoming and for now I stay with this FW .
I’m only interested in the FW as I use NOD32 as Antivirus and this both working very well on my VISTA HOME PREM.32bit .

It may be that my search for an reliable VISTA FW has finally come to an end.

so far (R)

best!

Welcome to the forums, MURc ~ I’m glad you like the firewall. Feel free to try other Comodo applications whenever you desire to do so. CAVS is not yet Vista compatible, but BOC is…

LM

Got this up and running after overcoming problems with Avast Web Shield. I’m impressed so far :slight_smile:

Known issues says that Diagnostics will always report unfixable errors in Vista. Is this also the case under XP Pro x64? Errors are reported but everything seems okay (except once Comodo failed to start on boot).

Just redownloaded the beta since my last format;
and it’s running flawlessly. Looking forward to the final.

I just reinstalled XP and found that the current beta Comodo Firewall is best installed LAST. That or clicking approval like crazy. I uninstalled it, installed all I needed, and then reinstalled it.

I understand how to set up eMule in the previous version, but all my attempts to get it working in the current version have failed.

Would someone please post the procedure to enable eMule to run properly in the current beta.

Thank you.

PS

I’ve gone back to using the stable version.

G’day,

In CFP V2.4, you had the Application monitor and the network monitor. In CFP V3 Beta, these have been replaced by what Comodo are calling policies.

If you reinstall CFP V3 Beta and click FIREWALL - ADVANCED, this will open a window with two tabs, the leftmost tab being opened by default. This opened tab is the equivalent of the Application Monitor in CFP V2.4. The other tab is the equivalent of the Network Monitor in CFP 2.4 You can set up the same rules here in V3 Beta that you set up in CFP V2.4.

Once you get your head around the changes, it should start to grow on you. It can do a hell of a lot more and, as a natural consequence, the user interface has a bit more to explore. Perservere - it really is worth the effort once you’ve got it set up.

Hope all this helps,
Ewen :slight_smile:

Hi Ewen,

Thanks for your reply.

Sorry to say but it still doesn’t work. I applied the same settings I used in the previous version and when I test the eMule connection it fails.

The settings are:

Network Security Policy

Allow TCP In From IP Any To IP Any Where Source Is Any And Destination Port is 4662.
Allow UDP In From IP Any To IP Any Where Source Is Any And Destination Port is 4672.

I have moved the entry to the top as per what was needed in the previous version.

Also, when I go to Miscellaneous / Diagnostics I find the following.

“The diagnostics utility has found some problems with your installation. Would you like to fix them?”

I click “yes” and then I see:

“Failed! The diagnostic utility could not fix some of the problems. Would you like to create a diagnostic report?”

I save it as *.txt and it is just a list of my files, DLL etc.

I will return to the previous stable version as that works.

I may test this again once it comes out of beta.

Thanks anyway.

PS

I tried to post this but couldn’t. It got stuck with “Preview post Fetching preview…” I reimaged my HDD with the previous Comodo Firewall and it worked instantly.

I hope you don’t take these reported failures as criticisms. I am still using Comodo, just not the beta. I think I will wait until someone reports eMule running properly and some of issues are resolved.

Comodo firewall works, so that is all I need while I am still on Windows XP.

All the best with this !

:■■■■