CFP 3.0.21.329 Released

i have 2 hd seagate sata 2 , 320gb each
i don’t use or format in fat32 by 8 years

i have only NTFS partitions

You could try CFP v3.0.14. It’s available at filehippo.com. You can manually alter your protected items to match the current version’s. (I didn’t upgrade past v3.0.14 for several reasons.)

thanks this version is the more stable?

The latest version of Comodo is stable. If you want to use an older version it will only benefit you with your CHKDSK problem. All other previous bug will now be there like the slow GUI and other fixes that have come along since 329 has been released.

Here is at least one reason I avoided each subsequent version:
3.0.15 - posted fixes didn’t affect me
3.0.16 - bug with protection savings lost
3.0.17 - can’t import configs from older versions
3.0.18 - 3.0.21 - alert performance issue, especially with slower machines - https://forums.comodo.com/bug_reports/performance_issue_when_remembering_answer_from_def_alerts_v3019_21_x32-t21315.0.html;new

thanks for info,
how about import newest rules to older version? i have backups for 3.0.17-3.0.21 and now i’m thinking about to go back to 3.0.14 coz this “alert performance issue” forces me to disable D+ for new applications (and i don’t need it for old ones :wink: )

You can try, but I believe the configuration file format changed sometime after v3.0.14, so I don’t know if it will work or not. Can’t hurt to try. Good idea to keep those config files too in case you don’t like v3.0.14 for whatever reason and want to go back to whatever you’re using now.

I did it! ;D 3.0.21 config imported OK and works well. So far so good, only visible regress - a little bit slower initialisation on startup. In fact I don’t remember any considerable probs while used 3.0.14 4 month ago, seems after that CFP lost in usability, but won matousec test :wink:

:slight_smile: evening edition:

I believe not format was changed but registry hive where CFP store settings.
Anyway: 3.0.21 configs successfuly imported to CFP v.3.0.14 with only one exception: Firewall->Attack Detection->Miscellanious->Block FragmentedIP was enabled (but disabled in imported config);
all settings, firewall and D+ rules works fine, also latest (2008 march) additions to Protected groups are here. Offline commands (chkdsk, defrag) and GUI: OK. And as expected: NO alert performance issues (that was madness, although my main pc isn’t so slow - Athlon3000+ with 1GB ram). I’m happy again - changed Abrams Tank back to old fast Porshe :wink:

Awesome :). Out of curiousity, how many seconds delay did you experience lately in Defense+ alert rule making with your Athlon3000+?

I didn’t count 88) must be 5 or more, but worst thing was absolute CPU usage - PC was almost dead at those 5 sec

New version has been released. Details here.