cfp 3.0.21.329 does NOT log anything

So far one confirmation that my method works (from firebit).
so I’ll throw here the how-to

read what are junctions

an most importantly how to handle deleting them to not damage something else. Don’t say I didn’t warn you when your in trouble.

Obtain some software for creating junctions, I used
http://elsdoerfer.name/=ntfslink

1. install ntfslink, reboot.
  2. in a folder “c:\documents and settings\all users” create junction (using RMB) pointing to folder “data aplikací”
  3. rename junction to “data aplikac” (it happened to both of us, renaming junction in explorer crashes explorer, so use freecommander ot totalcommander or whatever)
  4. restart cfp and enjoy

This how-to may be helpful to other users who are using non-english windows and experience the same problem as we are. It’s a pity comodo can’t take care of such a small (but important) bug which appeared in newer versions of CFP and apparently was not present in he earlier ones…

thx

■■■■!
this bug still persists in latest 3.0.25.378 (:AGY)

without junction, it doesn’t log :frowning:

So comodo team, I hope you’re working on this bug.
It’s been reported more than 2 months and many builds ago.
Can anyone at least confirm that somebody is working on it, or what’s the priority for working on it? So we could guess how soon is it going to be fixed.
thx.

I made a configuration dump using script mentioned before, here it is, hope this will help at least a bit.

[attachment deleted by admin]

cfp v 3.0.25.378 winxp x32 sp3 does not log alerts about attack detection !

please give us more detail, mainly your language verison of OS and other details about your system.

Hello,
I am using cfp v 3.0.25.378 winxp professional x32 sp3, english version, antivirus is Avira.
Settiing - >Logging is enabled, log size 2mb.
I use custom global firewall rules, defence + is disabled.
I never get log records about attacks, port scans, while my computeer is directly connected to the Internet.
Firewall Behaviour settings → alert frequency level → low
all alert types are enabled.

And I assume you have a logging enabled on specific firewall rules. (?)
Well, since you have an english windows, we cannot really help you in this thread, you may try finding another one or start a new one.
Here we try to deal or bypass buggy logging in czech version of windows, which is probably caused by language specific character in “application data” folder in czech. And because you have an english windows, you probably meet different bug.
Unless you messed up with your system environment variables and you use custom folder for “application data”.
then maybe you can try that workaround I proposed earlier.

Anyway you can post here some more detailed observations, if you made any.
One more thing, does comodo gui hang when you click on the view events button?

Hello, CFP does not hang, works fine. When I click Firewall log button i see empty log. I disable logging for my custom firewall rules. I use default folders. Custom firewall rules logging works fine when they enabled for logging. But i miss attack alerts i the log.

Dear friends from Czech Republic… :slight_smile: I just want to say thank You for your effort which allowed me to install this otherwise great firewall on my Czech WinXP SP3 Home machine again. Have a nice day :wink: