CFP 3.0.10.238 BETA General Feedback/Impressions (Not for Bug Reports)[CLOSED]

Congratulation!

:BNC :BNC :BNC

“Remember my answer” is solved!!!

:BNC :BNC :BNC

Andreas

------Mod Edit------
Please post general feedback on CFP 3.0.10.238 BETA. This thread is not for bug reports or questions about how v3 works.

Thanks for helping make CFP v3 a better firewall (:LOV)

There is one improvement I note - enhanced security. CFP no longer allows itself to be killed by task manager.

Weird. I can kill both cpf.exe and cmdagent via task manager…egemen? Sure this did not happen before?

Excellent. The only feature that would be needed to make it ultimate is custom editing the alerts. I mean being able to edit I.P and ports right inside the alert window. I do not need this but those guys at wilders are perfectionists :D.

Congratulations! I do not see how online armor is that much better. It barely has an interface and alerts are the same but online armor makes the security consideration part easier for noobs but i never read that anyway? You guys show how professional software can be made no matter what company you are.

Looks good to me !!

I think that if the default for defense+ was set to ‘training mode’ instead of ‘clean pc mode’ it would be better for newcomers. I found it a wee bit noisy when it first started up.

It seems very solid and quick (except for the initialization).

John

About D+ Training Mode
I clear all rules in My Protected Files and add “C:*” in it , then turn to “Training Mode” , if programs modify a file in C: , CFP will allow them to modify all files in C: . I had posted the problem before , but beta4 is still same to beta3 . Now I use Clean PC Mode , when programs modify files , I must click many times “Allow” .

The key words are hard to be found .

[attachment deleted by admin]

OK. i’m back. went over to try online armor which is awesome because your last beta was awful for me. what an improvement. the tiny footprint is unbelievable (:CLP). when this thing goes full it should be outstanding. any eta? keep going with the excellent work.

p.s. with this version can’t get incoming connectons to fully work with utorrent or shareaza. no problems with previous versions though. in fact the last beta that’s all i could get to work.

still have more good things to say but out of time now.
thanks

kpc

I was having great trouble accessing this forum (but not others) with Firefox but not with IE:

https://forums.comodo.com/comodo_website_issues_for_submitting_website_problems_only/forum_problem_error_code_12263-t12782.0.html

I did think it was maybe related to CPF beta but did not post a bug as it could have been something else causing it and garry could not simulate it.

This latest beta seems to have solved that problem for me.

Edit The problem has returned now so ignore this post!

It really works well they have done a lot of work since the last Beta.
Fast user switching works now(Edit worked only first time) the only very small problem is mulitiple entries for some system programs ie:- C:\PROGRA~1\ (DOS)
Thanks Comodo
Dennis

P.S. For me I would class this release as a Release Candidate not a Beta (Barring any BSOD occuring to anyone)

It should of only been noisy if you installed things right after comodo. That is why it is best to install tons of things before, Wait a minute? I thought it was deactivated completely if you set it to be at install? I checked my configurations and it had the deactivate box on by default.

There is a new method which now asks as an alert so no more port setting.

Check image.

http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/9348/cpf4xl2.jpg

What do you mean? They lead to hidden directories?

New BETA is great, but unfortunately it doesn’t work for me.
I like the idea of being able to install CPF with or without the HIPS.
HIPS is what causes most of the problem, so those who get the problems can use the firewall only.
Btw, I don’t remember I saw any ‘Parent application’ thing?

Ragwing

When a program modify a file , I want to know the path and name of the file firstly , but it is hard to find the path and name in the alerts .

Ragwing check my reply in bug report thread. Should work.

Check pic. When you click the the filename it opens up information including pathname.

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/8605/cpf5em9.jpg

Think i found the problem. The hips is what protects process terminations but without it activated, comodo has no self protection. Do not see why it does not have the same protection option as cpf 2.4.

http://i24.tinypic.com/2qtg8xj.jpg

Yeah thanks it worked.

Ragwing

Definetly a plus for me to be able to configure the appropiate rules within the alert windows. This is the way I always did it with Kerio and I would love to be able to doit with Comodo. (BTW, Eset’s new suit does it, seems they have been listening too, to basd their firewall does not have hips… )

(CLY)

(:CLP) (:CLP) (:CLP) (:CLP) (:CLP) (:CLP) (:CLP) (:CLP) (:CLP) (:CLP) (:CLP) (:CLP) (:CLP) (:CLP)

wonderfull job, my hats off to you guys at comodo, Best firewall in the world