CFP 3.0.1.1 Alpha Bug Reports (Vista) [Closed]

1. Made a few"Learning Errors" and un installed Comodo.
    On Trying to to re Install even using “Run as Administrator” had message below and cannot Re Install it now.

" You seem to be having COMODO Firewall-Pro-Alpha installed using older version of installer.Please go to “Start-Control Panel Add or Remove Programs” section and Un-Install Comodo Firewall."
It was Un-Installed already but either Comodo or Vista did no know this.

Hope this helps.

Beachcomber.
[/quote]
Hi Beachomber this is more likely a Vista problem as it’s not just CFP that this has happened with other firewalls have had their problems as well… as there are apps left behind in case of reinstallation…i had to uninstall the alpha for my own reasons and not because of the programme… i ran the uninstaller that came with the alpha version and put the windows firewall back on with no probs…did you try the system restore that you created when you installed the alpha ?
im sure you will get a better explanation for this happening from the tech savvy…as i manually deleted all left over files…

i think Ghark or Kail have covered this

update: Everything is running fine now.

Installation of ALPHA fails with error: “DeCompressFile NOT IMPLEMENTED IN AMD64 Folder ToFile.cpp Line 18”

My system:

AMD64 X2 4600
2 gigs DDR2800
Windows Vista Home Premium x64

Anyone else get this upon installation?

UPDATE 6/19/2007:

It installed after the error…but some functions do not work as I expected. Logging does not work at all…is this normal ALPHA behavior?

Will the animated system tray icon from 2.4 be back in 3.0 at some stage? I really like this feature lets me know when internet access is being used.

Yep, I’m new to the Comodo world having never used any previous version and this does seem to have great potential.

But for now I’ve uninstalled because I found the Learning mode seems to remember Firewall rules but doesn’t remember all the Defense rules and may ask for the same verification multiple times.

The initial bombardment of verfication after 1st install was annoying but It’s reasonable to assume this will not be the case with a final release when “known applications” are completed.

Tonight playing bf2142 with comodo just installed I was getting little pauses have never had his before, uninstalling comodo to test now.

cheers.

try to press alt-tab while in BF2142 menus, and see if you got an alert from the Firewall. That’s most likely the case, and the game won’t run properly until you’ve answered this alert. Unlike other firewalls, CFP alerts (2.4 as well as 3.0 alpha) unfortunately don’t pop up on top in full screen applications.

There was no alerts, not sure what caused it, have uninstalled comodo though will try next version.

Okay, it’s not really a “bug”, but…

Under the Defense+ tab, the description for “My Protected COM” is:

In this section, you can define or modify the communication (COM) interfaces which you want Defense+ to protect from unauthorized modification.

This would seem to imply that “COM” means “communication” (it actually stands for Component Object Model). Nitpicky, aren’t I? :stuck_out_tongue:

yup, it seems playing online games is not so smooth. i experience the same thing with Warrock.

Okay, now on a more serious note than my last post… :wink:

I installed CFP 3 Alpha yesterday on Windows Vista Ultimate x86. Then after running CFP for a few hours, Windows crashed (PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA). Then again, just a few minutes ago, it crashed after having run CFP for several hours (same error). Since this is the first time I’ve had Windows Vista crash on me in the three months I’ve been running it, I’m guessing it was caused by CFP – though I haven’t any idea how to predictably reproduce the problem, other than just… waiting. :slight_smile:

Sorry I can’t be more specific than this, I’ll keep trying to reproduce the bug and I’ll post back if/when I have something more substantial. :-[

After installing Comodo Firewall Epson Scan (for DX4000 series) stopped working. Everytime I start the Epson Scan application it crashes.

(Vista Business x64 by the way)

Same problem here but with Enemy Territory, if it’s online it will freeze for a fraction of a second every 5 seconds or so, games become unplayable, the only way to solve it is to turn both security levels to allow all and then to exit comodo, just exiting comodo did not do the trick.

After purchasing a new laptop with Vista Home Premium, I had the sad task of searching for a new firewall (my other two systems are running XP and CFP V2).

I tried ALL free firewalls for Vista and had to settle for Zone Alarm. I had reviewed this forum and, based on what I was reading, I was hesitant to test CFP V3 Alpha.

That changed today. I ran a bunch of tests I found in www.firewallleaktester.com and I was shocked…Zone Alarm was leaking like a sieve! It even missed trojan behavior that my Avira anti-virus detected.

So I decided to bite the bullet and downloaded CFP V3.

I ran the tests again and it was no contest. CFP V3 blocked everything.

So far I am delighted to report that I’m having only minor issues. As reported by others, CFP forgets settings (some, not all).

I’m willing to live with the minor problems and wait for the next release if it means my system is secure.

So my advise to others who like I was are hesitant to try the alpha is this: if you’re an average user that uses your computer mainly for browsing and email, do as I did. Uninstall your current firewall, restart Vista, run a registry cleaner (I use Eusing myself), create a system restore point, and download and install CFP V3 alpha.

Cheers! (B)

Spoke too soon. (:SAD)

Today my computer failed to start. Had to go back to the restore point I made before installing CFP.

Back to leaky Zone Alarm but I’ll be back to CFP when the beta is released.

Been running alpha since release date on Vista Home Premium 32 bit. Until Yesterday I had the usual alert settings being forgotten But Yesterday got a new message as follows:

CFP.exe is not being started from the installation directory. You should run it from \Device\HarddiskVolume2\Program Files\Comodo\Firewall to make it function properly. Do you still want to continue?

Then I can choose yes or no so I choose yes CFP3 opens but no network connection to router (Belkin wired 4 port for Australian isp iinet) so no Internet cant even log on to router home page.

So uninstalled CFP3 and the network was identified again (Mshome). The only thing I have changed two days ago was the router firmware which may or not be a coincident.

Will now try to reinstall CFP3 to make sure it’s CFP3 which is blocking the router then after that if no luck will revert the router back to the previous firmware.

Will post back with results.
Zos

Reinstaled and the message as per above post was not appearing. The rounter was detected ans Vista identifyed the network.

I did reinstall CFP3 yesterday when I got the message but put the non detection of the router down to the upgraded firmware.

But today the message reapereded upon booting of the pc. Will reboot close etc. CFP a few times today to see if the message reappears and if the router is not detected and post on any combinations of errors.

But hopefully I get no more problems.
Zos

In reply to above post no problems so far all seems back to normal (including the alerts not being remembered lol but I’m sure that will be fixed with next release) so hopefully it stays like this.
Zos

Not sure if this has been raised…
I’ve noticed that when I get a notification that an application wants to connect to specific IP and port and I accept or deny the request the rule generated is either to allow ANY (IP and Port) or to deny ANY (IP and Port) for that application, my advice is to allow or deny by default for that specific IP address and port number and give you the option to make it for ANY IP and ANY protocol if you want.

Hope this make sense.

Cheers

Hello,

I had a little problem with comodo today.However,it wasn’t caused directly by Comodo Firewall.Yesterday,I cleaned my computer with a new program that I was trying(Ashampoo WinOptimizer 4) and after the cleaning I noticed that the Comodo icon in the sytem tray disapeared.
So,I runned the installer to fix this problem.Instead it uninstalled Comodo firewall.After restart,I also tried to install again CFP but each time I try,I recieve the following message :

[attachment deleted by admin]