CFP 3.0.1.1 Alpha Bug Reports (Vista) [Closed]

For the grayed “treat this app as” choice, I uninstalled straight away when it happened to me. I should have checked if the policies were still present instead. God that was obvious (lol).

For the the event panel of Def+ showing Firewall events, I’ve had that too, see my posts here:
https://forums.comodo.com/cfp_beta_corner/cfp_3_1000_alpha_please_post_feedbackbug_reports_here_xp_only-t9609.0.html;msg69730#msg69730
https://forums.comodo.com/cfp_beta_corner/what_are_defense_events_cpf_30-t9673.0.html;msg70198#msg70198

I am actually also running Vista Ultimate x64 but in a VM and CFP 3 seems to be running pretty well.

Quite interessting, i only had problems under XP but Vista 64 ultimate got no such problem here.

MSI Mega Book.

At installing, we mentioned some small issues, shall we repost it? (already posted at xp)

Is it good to call it “image” execution? Kind of misleading, why not simply “executable” instead of “image execution”?

“Important folders” got important files, too. (my file groups)

Export functions aren’t working, yet.

Define a new blocked application: how about “browse” instead of “disk”?

I’ve added “www.index.hu” as a denied host: i can’t even access my router anymore. If i delete the rule everything works fine, bug.

Sorry to repeat but should cmdagent.exe show up as a running process? It isn’t for me using Vista Ultimate x64.

I think it should show up I do not run Vista 64, so I cannot really confirm that but I can see no reason why it should not show up. Did you enable the task manager view for all users (check box at the bottom of the task manager in Vista, only there if UAC is activated)? If not I’m not surprised you cannot see the cmdagent process.

Thanks Gharkh, I should have caught that.

np

Once I installed comodo unto vista x64. I could no longer see my xp that was networked. I have set my network zone homebase from 192.168.0.0 to 192.168.255

I have ran netork on both computers. Xp is using your stable firewall.

Any Ideas?

ALREADY POSTED AT XP REPORTS! I’ve also posted here, as it seems both systems affected.
Possible? I think the latest Microsoft patch - or the reboot? - caused CPF to forget rules. I’ve attached a screenshot (i got this problem both on an 32bit XP SP2 PC and on a 64bit Vista).

Last updates on Vista:
(KB929123) - windows mail/msoe
(KB931213) - vista only
(KB933566) - ie (vulnerabilities by setting the kill bit for COM objects )
(KB905866) - winmail def updates
(KB936825) - vista (more suppot for SD cards)

two days earlier:
KB929735 - vista (calendar fix)

my solution here https://forums.comodo.com/cfp_beta_corner/network-t9768.0.html;msg71170#msg71170

In general CFP 3 is running very well on my machine and I am very happy with it, especially for an alpha. I have come across what I think is a small bug however. When I try to print checks using Quicken 2007 I get a pop up asking how to categorize splwow64.exe. When I set it as a trusted application my computer freezes. I restarted and set c:\windows\splwow64.exe as a trusted application before attempting to print and I had the same result when I hit print. If I turn CFP off the Quicken print command works normally.

Vista Ultimate x64

[u][s]my webcam doesn’t work anymore after installing cfp3 alpha :frowning:
using a Labtec webcam on Windows Vista Basic Premium and Avira Antivir Personal Edition… webcam starts working but no image apears on messenger or on webcam’s own software.

if I notice any other issues I’ll write it on this topic… I’d send a “dump report” but since the firewall itself is not crashing I don’t know it if has any use.[/s]

edit: after uninstalling cfp3 problem still exists… may not be directly related to cfp3… :S[/u]

edit2: after reinstalling drivers everything works fine, except I can’t install cfp3 :S
“already installed” error

Hi,

My System:

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 3000+ Speed 2503 MHz
Mainboard: ABIT AV8 Third Eye
Crucial Ballistic:RAM 1024 MB Frequency: 227.5 MHz
Graphics Card:NVIDEA GeForce 7600 GS
Readyboost:1024 MHz TurboFlash
Primary Hard Drive:250 GB Seagate SATA
Microsoft Vista Home Premium
Problems:

1. “Treat application as” Greyed out as JayCub.

2. Made a few"Learning Errors" and un installed Comodo.
    On Trying to to re Install even using “Run as Administrator” had message below and cannot Re Install it now.

" You seem to be having COMODO Firewall-Pro-Alpha installed using older version of installer.Please go to “Start-Control Panel Add or Remove Programs” section and Un-Install Comodo Firewall."
It was Un-Installed already but either Comodo or Vista did no know this.

Hope this helps.

Beachcomber.

I tried to install on Vista64 and after installing a couple of “unverified drivers” the install failed. Missed the actual error but it was related to AMD.

Then it did a rollback and asked to remove the created shortcuts manually which I did. Now I cannot attempt a re-install because it think it’s still installed see below

" You seem to be having COMODO Firewall-Pro-Alpha installed using older version of installer.Please go to “Start-Control Panel Add or Remove Programs” section and Un-Install Comodo Firewall."

Glad i created a restore point before hand…

Managed to get it installed this time using the option to “Run as Admin” and also disabling AV for good measure.

Still got the same error as last time but seems to be working ok so far (see below for error):-
DeCompressFile NOT IMPLEMENTED IN AMD64 FolderToFile.cpp Line:18

Anyway, Comodo seems to be running ok so far but noticed the following,
1,Does not register in Vista’s Security Center and keeps Windows Firewall active

2,While in “Learn Safe Only” mode trying to access the “Windows Firewall with Advanced Security” causes the UAC to freeze in the dimmed state. Only CTRL+ALT+DEL with Restart PC safely breaks the freeze and reboots the machine.

Infact just noticed that the freeze mentioned above happens when attempting to access any app that launches the UAC.

(S)

After using comodo 3 for the last week or so i am well impressed. I opened a file that contained a virus (I believe it did anyhow), which didn’t show up when i scanned it with avast. I noticed that it was trying to do things to my registry and tried to install something in my system32 folder, of course this was interpreted by comodo and i managed to stop all of these happening.

Otherwise i have experienced one problem that has been posted already like not remembering an action.

I only have one suggestion so far and it would be not to have any check-boxes selected by default when an alert does come up then you cant accidentally allow it,especially if you are a quick clicker.

I know this is in only in alpha stage at the moment but what a piece of powerful software it is and it will become better than all the paid popular ones.

Thumbs up for comodo! (:CLP)

That’s exactly what v3 is supposed to: Prevent!

Melih

I’ve been running it for about 30 mins now, and I have found a bug that will keep me from using comodo. I cant forward ports. even when I forward them in comodo, it still blocks them. also. the alerts are rather annoying as it asks for permission on every little thing (which I suppose is a good thing) but other than that, its running great.

Edit: I disabled comodo and my ports are still not opened, so this might not be an issue…

that’s also what CFP 2.4 has been able to do for me a couple of weeks ago, when giving an alert saying that Firefox was trying to load a bad extension installed silently ( a Trojan downloaded through a ThemeXP skin). My anti-spy programs were able to detect the bad files in Windows and Program Files, but not the Firefox extension. Just the firewall could do this. No doubt CFP 3.0 will still do better and be an absolute must have on a PC computer.

see my post earlier: (with screenshots)
https://forums.comodo.com/general_discussion_off_topic_anything_and_everything/bad_extension_installed_silently_in_firefox_newnet_quick_search_748-t9419.0.html

I know and i am very thankful.