CAVS3 - Am I the Only One Becoming Skeptical???

+1

LA

Something funny… while downloading the page with CAV 3 news, my browser showed me error “request timeout”, but the head title was Comodo Antivirus/Antispyware_b.4.0 Really beta? :slight_smile: No, just error with page rendering in browser. So humiliating error!!!

Which is why no dev(be it comodo or another)should announce any products unless they are ready to give an ETA and release.
All the hype is from the devs cause they announce the imminent release of a product.Instead,they should keep their announcements for themselves and say nothing until the product has an ETA or a release date.
Do you really think that communities would be hyped about a product no one knows about?
I don’t think so

AVguste, I ask you to stop as future posts will most likely be deleted by a moderator. Arguing about a release date and pointing fingers will not get CAVS3 out any faster.
This is free - No one can demand anything, We must fit into their schedule.

Q; “When will cavs3 be released?”
A; “When it is ready.”

The above three points are standard communication benchmarks for open source devlopment projects. The difference here is that Comodo do not release any software as open source. They are a commercial venture and are fully entitled to structure their user communications whatever way they see fit.

I agree, a little more comms would be nice, but I don’t feel we have the right to demand anything, given that Comodo are making their desktop software available for free.

Never look a gift horse in the mouth, even if the horse strolls into the corral a couple of hours after we expected/wanted it to. :wink:

Cheers,
Ewen :slight_smile:

edit : minor typos

Well put Ewen!

Folks, just keep an eye out on here:
https://forums.comodo.com/feedbackcommentsannouncementsnews_about_cavs/release_date_merged_threads_closed-t23609.360.html

For latest updated release information and/or sign up to the email listing on the Comodo Antivirus information page here: http://antivirus.comodo.com/

I’ve never known such arguments over the release of an Antivirus Product before!

Let’s all take a step back!

I’ve never known such an anti-virus program that generated this much love before. Love leads to disappointments about it not being out and disappointments leads to anger and anger leads to arguments.

Master Yoda.

1. Did I miss something or did he say something else ;D.

Anyway, guys what’s the problem ? Everbody full stress CAVS 3 won’t come out ^_^. Stay calm, it will only become better and better, also, don’t expect to much from it on the first day, it will need time to become the best :).

Xan

Here as well. :slight_smile:

Why so serious ? (:LGH)
What is done is done and cannot be undone (:NRD)
Life still go on…so RELAX! (:KWL)

Well, if this situation has NOT been engineered by Comodo deliberately then it sure has worked anyway because half the world seems to be gagging for this release even knowing that Comodo themselves have stated that a stable version may not be available until the end of the year. The trouble is that now all of the arguments have been so blown and reloaded that the whole thing is getting boring. Undoubtedly the best free AV at the moment is still Avira but my guess is that CAVS3 will offer substantially more - if it doesn’t then not worth chucking it into the pile with all the rest. So, in agreement with the other post about all “taking a step back” please lets all be patient to try out our new toy. Lets also remember that the version 3 firewall was not too user friendly in its first few releases so don’t expect a bug-free CAVS at the outset because something this complex to write aint gonna get sorted completely until its had some real life testing - i.e. by us! As a final point I believe that Comodo really are well on the way now to completing the first ‘suite’ that will offer class leading performance from ALL of its components unlike most of the paid offerings which may have good AV but poor firewall or spyware content etc. As I see it I’ve been waiting this long so a bit longer won’t hurt.

Hi Guys,

I will close this thread. The information you need is above… Reasons why we closed the other threads.

Josh