CAVS3 - Am I the Only One Becoming Skeptical???

3xist, thanks for extremely fast reply! So… I will wait for new release. Erm… one question? Will CAV and CIS be working from simple USB flash stick?

If you mean portable, No not in the first release. But if you mean you can put it on a USB flash stick, Then Yes.

Josh

Hello from Berlin/Germany! :■■■■

I have a question.

Is it confirmed or not, that CAVS3 comes for Win 2000?

Thanks and have a nice day. (:WAV)

Wouldn’t know yet… :-\

Josh

:a0

Thanks for the answer!

:wink:

Sorry to dissapoint you Berliner but im pretty sure the answer will be NO. Reason i say this is that the architecture for CAVS3 is being built around the cpfv3 architecture and thats not compatible.

Matty :■■■■

i know this probably can’t be answered yet but do you think cavs3 will have the R-click option to scan selected files/folders. i like that in an AV like avast.

(J)

and srry this is a little !ot!

it should… (not sure if this version or not)… however, in the version you can create scan profiles… (eg: you can create a profile a folders etc you want scanning and just scan that profile). If not pls put it in the wish list.

As you all know, I was not happy with cav2, hence started building a much bigger (i mean bigger) team and gathered around some pretty darn good experts around me to build what world hasn’t seen before! An AV that be number 1 an AV that won’t slow your PC down, an AV that won’t eat up your resources, an AV that will detect more and faster than others (that detection will take us upto 12 months after release so pls don’t expect it immediately) and AV unlike other’s 25 year old technology is built with latest technologies taking advantage of everything that current OS and infrastructure provides you. Not only are we going to make sure you have a secure and healthy PC (because without a secure and healthy PC there can be no Trusted Internet and Trusted Internet is what I want us all to have

So, one thing I can promise you all is that I will do my best to deliver you a world beating AV!!! And with CAV3 we have the beginnings of a world beating AV!

thanks

Melih

ok.

sounds great! (J) (L) (M)

Hi Melih, I’m totally convinced that you’ll deliver a top notch as always…
And again congrats on CRC 1st effort, nice showing and functional. Oh & BTW is the party over for the devs on that one so they can concentrate on CIS? How did your roadtest of the CEO privileged edition fare on your VM? :wink:
:■■■■
Xman, (:KWL)

3xist, thanks for your answer. Would it be possible to save virusdatabase on flash? The best variant - all files on the flash (without Documents and Settings).

Sorry… I don’t think so.

lol…

Each product has their own team. It’s not like eg 10 developers are working on both CIS & CRC. :slight_smile: Each product has own team, own project manager, etc… :slight_smile:

Josh

Yes the party is over and they are busy getting CRC ready for a public release. The CIS team is different than CRC so they had no party…yet… the CIS… graphics need some work… but i like how it works so effortlessly together…i can feel that the product is “architected” and “designed” to work together (all 3 components, firewall, AV and Defense+")

cheers
Melih

Hi Melih, hoping to see CIS somewhere in September, keep the midnight fuel coming… :-TU

Xman (:KWL) :■■■■

What’s interesting about CIS, I think, is that it somehow connects two parts that doesn’t appear to be related to each other: the Firewall and the Antivirus. The component in between is Defense+. At least that’s how I look upon it. Three layers of protection, all working together… cool! 8)

LA

And that is a very (VERY) important aspect of security! A disjointed security is not a good security! A security that is architected right from conception like Comodo is the way forward for a better and more efficient security!

Melih

I think, that CAV and CIS 3 will take 2nd place, not the top position. And the first place will be taken by Agnitum Outpost Security Suite. Nevertheless I’m waiting for CIS 3 to give up Agnitum OSS. :slight_smile:

Don’t expect it to be the best in the first releases. It still will have it flaws, however wait and see… after let’s say 12 months it should be at the top…

Xan

Personally my take on delays and developers is simple:

1.developers should never announce a product unless they can provide a specific and exact ETA of release.Why excite a community if you are only going to say “release when ready”.Makes people frustrated

2.when an ETA is announced,a dev should make sure that the date is far enough in the future to allow for postponments and for early releases.And then get the dev teams working 24/7

3.If an ETA is given and for whatever reason, the devs are unable to release a scheduled, the devs or at least the lead dev should release a public detailed statement to the community,explaining in specific details why the delay and what is done for such a delay to not happen again.

Bottom line is that devs need to be held accountable for any delays and any lack of communication.

hey AVguste, this has already been discussed.

Unfortunately, Melih and the Devs aren’t psychic’s.
And no they shouldn’t be held accountable, All the HYPE is from the users.

It will come when it’s ready, Comodo doesn’t want to release a half decent product. Use CPF3 as an example.

Let’s not “HYPE” release dates again. → It will come when it’s ready.