CAVS Beta 2.0.7.14 is Launched

There are two simple answers for the first questions:

1. In short: a messsage above yours.
  2. Longer: we, people of the universe, who hadn’t had time to do some beta tests on cavs because of the new cpf release, decided to cede these latest betas to the holy beta tester god. The Lord decided to keep the cavs releases for a short time while - in exchange - he’ll help comodo staff’s hardware upgrade job. Howver, it seems he can only help to take care of the hardwares but won’t make the job faster. How that would impress you? Men working day&night, no-no, that’d kill you sooner or later :P. So just wait a bit, check back some days later, it’ll be fixed.

Why they need time? If you look around, you can find tests over the Internet about comodo’s personal firewall 1.0. If you search futher, you can find other tests with 2.x versions, where cpf is much better.

EDIT: while reading this message i recognised how much language mistakes i made. Maybe i should sleep some more. I just underlined some fixes, omg ^^… Sorry guys

1. Installing the av after the firewall (or vica-versa) causing a 100% CPU usage (any ideas to stop without reboot?). I’ve tried installing this beta after i’ve removed the avast!. The firewall is the latest 2.4.
    Solution:
  • i set to DISABLE the av service for the first time at safe mode;
  • i restart the computer in normal mode;
  • i wait until everything is loaded;
  • i start the service from the services;
    I think users would like to get an easier work around.
    EDIT: i can confirm this service behaviour problem with 1.0 on 3 tested systems (1-1 hun 2000/xp pro, 1 eng xp pro, fw. was 2.4).
  1. Can u confirm this behavior? At taskmanager i see tasks running without names (IMG: taskmgr.gif), i don’t think i had them before without name (can that be comodo service without name or… ???)?

2. What trojan.win32.small.fb can be, is that a real trojan wannabe? (IMG: wonderifrealtrojan.gif) Also, is disinfect means to quarantine objects?
    EDIT: CAVS found it 2-4 times (another file wih another path + backups).

3. What can be the good reason to scan outgoing emails? I’m just thinking about the case the the client/naughty application would attach codes to mailformed message, the AV would recognise it anyway, no?

4. I’d prefer to get help by tab topics at Settings.

5. Create a “Test settings”/“Test connection” or just a simple “Test” button so users can check the update settings asap. This is for the Settings tab as at the main interface you can test it with the update job itself.

6. A bit uneasy to modify the max log file size.

7. If i save the report, why it’s opened after save?
    EDIT: i suggest a checkbox or option with pipe here.

8. Why the user must wait until the av lists the viruses at Virus List? I think there should be 2 options at the pop-up window:
    a. Search: type in name and search.
    b. See full list of viruses (fe. as link).
    Even on my system, this takes some minutes and it’s really unnecessery.
    By the way, it’s 1773 A4 pages, you really think anyone would print it? :slight_smile:

9. Will it be possible to do a scan without memory scan? It may come in handy if (a) the system is damaged or (b) i’m an IT pro who knows i don’t need that right now.
    EDIT: i wonder if schedule really cares if i leave unchecked the memory scan or it just won’t show me the scan.

10. Tell the user that building up the User’s Profiled Savelist DB will take a LOOONG time. An estimated time would be nice. My time: 54 minutes.

11. If i click on Cancel - was unsure - at Submit files… (after a folder scan), i can’t click on Submit files again. I wasn’t sure which files the AV found as i haven’t seen the full path so i had to resize the column and so i’v clicked the Cancel button to see the full path.

12. Why is the user able to submit known spyware files?

13. The File submit needs a good, step-by-step wizard!

14. On demand can’t disinfect the files (file/directory search), why? Ideas?

15. I can’t resize scan summary window, but i’d be quite happy to resize the list at least!

16. RealVNC should not be quarantined and even if quarantined, why the viewer?

17. Found 81 of my test files by folder scan, but wonder how correct your names are (TXT: found.txt). And many others by file access. Nice job ;)!

18. You definetly need a setting for on access alerts! If it can found plenty of files, it’ll create plenty of popup windows. Very annoying. I suggest (ideas):
    a. checkbox “Don’t alert me again”
    b. checkbox “Stay on top”
    c. checkbox “Don’t report at all”
    d. checkbox “Only report if no action can be done”
    Next time i’ll start with exlude but now i have to clik OK for all the items… sigh… This is while the AV searched for files for the database.

That’s all right now.

[attachment deleted by admin]

I’ll answer this one for you…

Yes, it is possible, if you schedule a scan; that way you can select specific files, skip the memory scan, etc.

LM

Thanks ;).

1. Small graphical glitch at scan schedule: other windows got better sized forms

2. Schedule don’t have the ONCE option.

3. I wonder if you can save already sent files list to prevent re-sending of the files.

22 .I’ll submit some known files (Sub7 2.1g, Maverick Matrix, etc.) you couln’t recognise with latest definitions. I’ll wait and watch how fast you are :).

1. Time… 12:01 AM and 12:01 PM… how about 24h mode with 00-23?
  1. Started the scan and it took 30 seconds to really start it? You must imrpove the speed.

2. If you add folder to the scan list at schedule, you can’t see the full paths and you aren’t allow to edit them (~so you may have the chance to recognise them sooner). I recommend either to put there an Edit button or allow resizeing of the columns. I know that you can see it at Properties.

3. You can’t add Recycle bin to schedule scan list. However, you can add the RECYCLER directories but i don’t think anyone knows that these are the same.

4. It took 3 minutes and 10 seconds… This is A MEMORY SCANNING TIME? Terrible (:SAD)… I only wanted to scan one selected file and the memory scan took 3:10!

5. If the AV can’t repair the zip file the report alert message won’t write .zip, but something else (IMG: norepair.gif).

6. If you right-click on the the file and choose Properties, you can’t see the virus name. I’d suggest to add there as well.

7. Sometimes it takes time to really click on OK and X buttons and i have to move the window to be able to do so.

8. At quarantined items / Properties the path is sometimes incorrect, there’s a space in the path without any reason (IMG: spaceaddedtopath.gif). There’s no space between “e” and “s”, i got some more samples.

[attachment deleted by admin]

(L)

I installed the latest Beta, which I really like :BNC

Nevertheless I’m experiencing this problem:

all programs, that I launch start with a delay, as if they want to do a prayer before they work. Thats not nice at all. If I turn of on-access-scan, the problem disappears.
I also have the problem, that other users already described, that system startup goes pretty slow. I assume it is, because all the programs, that windows starts do a prayer before work.
Well, I really like comodo, but I don’t want all my programms to pray at it (:WIN)

404 Not Found error when trying to download from
http://antivirus.comodo.com/download/beta/CAVS_Setup_Beta2.0.7.14.exe
(:AGY)

Same issue here, hopefully it will be fixed soon :frowning:

Help need the latest version of CAVS
http://antivirus.comodo.com/download/beta/CAVS_Setup_Beta2.0.6.12.exe
does not work.
Any ideas of where and when it will be available?

Great product!!! Keep up the good work
Bruce

HI All,

This problem occured due to server relocation. Now, it is fixed. You will be able to download latest beta setup now.
http://antivirus.comodo.com/download/beta/CAVS_Setup_Beta2.0.7.14.exe

regards
Kishor

(32. Possibility to lower CPU priority…)

Great, I have downloaded it and will install it on the Virtual PC for testing later.

I’ve got a problem with this beta (:SAD) well two actually.

1. I’ve had to disable the auto update, as it is attempting to update the program to version 1… but this means that I cannot get the virus definitions to update… and today a scan from the edwido site said that there was a virus that comodo has not alerted me to.

2. When the scanner is going on the machine, it appears to use up my disk space… (it may not be comodo, but only started happening when it is running)… does the on-access or hips scanner make temporary files and forget to clean them.

Other than those two issues can I say what a great job you are doing with the product. I would really like to see a version of Comodo anti-virus that could work with MS Exchange (still for free) I would help test that, also for network admins any change of something like Sophos Enterprise manager but maybe for both the firewall and cav as I am a firm believer of firewall at the local machine as well as network edge (exact situation depending) but it does need something that can be controlled.

(R)

I want to know if the new Version of CAVS 2.0.8.x is out.

Not yet. I believe there’s a pre-release beta scheduled for today; keep your eye on the Beta Corner…

If I remember correctly what I read, at the moment, the final is scheduled for 2/8/2007. That will be dependent on the results of the next beta release, so it could certainly change…

LM

Ok when i did can become the pre release?

Its so slow, Avg is like a hare compared to your tortoise, you must do something with the speed, with your firewall installed aswell its like downgrading your computer and throwing away 512 mbs of ram.

speed speed speed, bigger better you know the score.

Hello,

As CAVS 2.0.8.20 beta has been released I am going to go ahead and close this topic.