CAVS Beta 2.0.7.14 is Launched

An alternative method would be to boot from a Live Linux CD, mount the hard drive and copy the LOG file to another location. This may be easier and quicker than using a second hard drive.

TIA
Ewen :slight_smile:

Well even if you got the data to copy over from another PCā€¦ unless the 2 computers were identical hardware-wise (same motherboard, same chipset etcā€¦)ā€¦ it will never boot WinXP.

404 Not Found error when trying to download from http://antivirus.comodo.com/download/beta/CAVS_Setup_Beta2.0.7.14.exe

Not Found

The requested URL /cav/download/beta/CAVS_Setup_Beta2.0.7.14.exe was not found on this server.

Maybe there is going to be another beta soon (B)

Gā€™Day Folks,

Forgive my ignorance as Iā€™m newer to this forum than I should be, and by reading the latest posts it appears either the beta server is down, or there is a newer Beta version being released in the near future?

With this being the case, is there someplace I can download the current version of CAV Beta 2.0.7.14 rather than from this server location: http://antivirus.comodo.com/download/beta/CAVS_Setup_Beta2.0.7.14.exe

Iā€™m hoping to add quite a bit if input as this new version progresses. Iā€™ve been very impressed with the Comodo free products so far and would love to help improve them as they progress.

Thanks

Unfortunately the BETA programs are only available through the forums. This is to control iuts spread when in a pre-release state anmd to make it more obvious to potential users that this is BETA software and could cause unpredicatable results on a production system.

Patience, grasshopper, patience.

The link above (official) is provided from the forum. See link below:-

https://forums.comodo.com/index.php/topic,5209.0.html

I wanted to download CAVS last night but was unable to :'(.

:slight_smile:

Am I missing something, or is there no easy way to exclude files from On Access and On Demand scanning. There are four files which I know are safe, but CAV 2 Beta quarantines as a virus. To me, there should be a right click menu option in the quarantined files to restore (permanently) and mark it to be excluded from future scanning.

Currently, the only thing I know to do is to manually enter the file name in both the On Access and On Demand scanning exclusions. This is a problem because when you restore a file from quarantine, it immediately identifies it as a virus and quarantines it again. So you have to manually type in the location and file name under the excluded files in both the On Access Scanner options and On Demand Scanner option.

Unless I am missing something, the quarantine folder should have an option to restore and exclude the file.

Otherwise, I love COMODO! CAV 2 Beta.

been trying to download to the newest beta version but link is down,does anyone have the file and maybe could send it to me?thanks

thanks for the link panic,downloading now

Does anyone know when the link to download the latest beta will be working again. I have been trying to download it to try on my second test system and have been unable to do so.

After great performance on my other system I intend to try it again on a system where earlier betas caused problems (after some comprehensive back-ups). Hopefully with the new Firewall version combined with the latest CAVS beta I will get great results.

:SMLR

indeed the link is dead again :frowning:

Gā€™day all,

The link to the latest CAVS2 BETA is live again.

Cheers,

For me, the only REAL issue is cpu usage at startupā€¦After that, everything flows very smoothly. Also, will there be registry scanning soon also for spyware?

When I initially began testing the CAVS betas I installed on two systems - my home pc and my work pc.
I had quite a few major problems on the home pc and had to uninstall CAVS. CAVS has worked well on my work pc for all of the beta versions.
After the updated CPF and superb performance of the latest CAVS beta on my work pc I decided to give the latest beta a try on my home pc again:

Installation was very smooth and the latest CAVS beta is working incredibly well on my home pc - this is an impressive indication of how far CAVS 2 has come since the first version as the initial beta 2 made this pc unusable. The pc is now running better than ever - certainly better than when I used McAffee, Norton or Avast. HIPS also picked up on some spyware on the pc that Spybot had missed.

Fantastic work Comodo - I can only imagine how good this antivirus is going to be in a few more months.

Many thanks to Ewen for the download link enabling me to get started when the forum link was down.

:SMLR

Have you got a working link?

Can any moderator or administrator get the download link working or PM me a download link?

The final version of CAVS when it arrives? (L)

There are apparently still some leftover items to be resolved, following the huge hardware upgrades done over the weekend, so that Comodo can fully support all their users.

It should be resolved soonā€¦

LM

Why i cannot download the latest Version of Comodo antivirus? Link broken? I donā€™t know and impression is that the development for the next version of Comodo antivir looks very long,why? The development cycle for the firewall is very faster why it is so? is comodo antivirus still going away? (:SAD) (L)