CAVS 2.0.14.50 Updates Live [CLOSED]

Hi,
This is to announce that today on May 03, 2007 we have made CAVS upades live with following change:

• HIPS exclusion list is functional, for selected items you should not get HIPS alerts.

Thanks
-umesh

Thanks! Got the update a few minutes ago. But I don’t understand; what do you mean by
“HIPS exclusion list is functional, for selected items you should not get HIPS alerts.”

?

/L

I had an update that asked for reboot afterwards. However, I can’t see any reference to 2.0.14.50 on any of the listed CAVS files?

:SMLR

/L, it has been reported that the excluder did not function properly; it kept asking for the same application, even tho HIPS had been told to ignore them. That’s what was meant by Umesh’s statement. Now if you exclude something from HIPS control (under Settings/HIPS/General/What Items to Exclude…), HIPS will not give an alert about it.

Anderow, if you open CAVS GUI, go to About, and look at the Build Version, that’s where it has 2.0.14.50. If you look at the various files in the program, you should see some modification dates for today.

LM

Oh, thanks Little Mac, then I get it. I have used the HIPS exclusion list but never encountered any problems. :slight_smile:

/L

Mine says Build 2.0.11.43. CMain.exe is 2.0.12.42

:SMLR

Sorry, not Build; Program Updates Version. By the time I looked and got back here I forgot. Whoa! Where’d the brain go? I’m doing some research for work too, and my mind has too many threads going at once… Information overload. Need more input. Too much Input. Ack! Ack! Splurp! Ploop! Danger! Core Meltdown, Danger! ;D

LM

Ah ha thanks LM, take a break and have a Kit Kat on me!

(:WIN)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Ooh, that looks tasty! Yuuummmmmyyyyy! Thanks, I think I shall. A big glass of cold milk would go nicely with that, don’t you think?

Well I downloaded the update successfully. It then asked me for a restart, which I did.

And that was it…black screen with permanent solid hard disk activity! The only way back in was via safe mode.

Due to this unpleasant experience, and the incompatability with Opera email, I’ve now uninstalled CAVS and gone back to Avast.

Maybe I’ll try again in a few months.

Webb2002, I’m sorry you had that experience. Would you mind doing the following?

Go to c:\documents and settings\all users\application data\comodo\comodo antivirus\troubleshoot log. Hopefully it’s still there and didn’t leave after the uninstall. Compress the entire folder in .zip or .rar format, and attach to your post using the “Additional Options” (bold red letters) under the textbox. This will help the dev team identify the problem and make sure it’s fixed.

Tnx,

LM

I’ve had a look, but it’s not there now. There are just 2 files, cav.lock and cav.unlock.

I guess the uninstall zapped it.

Sorry.

OH well, it was worth a shot. I thought it might be gone, but hoped not…

Tnx for trying.

LM

I installed the lastest Beta and my computer really slowed down. What is causing that and can that be fixed? I really do want to use Comodo Antivirus. I love the antivirus and Boclean. (L)

The only thing I can find that may be of use are these entries from the event viewer system log which appeared during the time CAVS was installed:

There was 1 instance of this message, quite soon after the install I think.

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Service Control Manager
Event Category: None
Event ID: 7006
Date: 01/05/2007
Time: 02:35:31
User: N/A
Computer:
Description:
The ScRegSetValueExW call failed for Security with the following error:
Access is denied.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at Microsoft Support.

And there were quite a few instances of this message (none since uninstall).

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Service Control Manager
Event Category: None
Event ID: 7023
Date: 01/05/2007
Time: 23:11:33
User: N/A
Computer:
Description:
The IPSEC Services service terminated with the following error:
An invalid argument was supplied.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at Microsoft Support.

Hope this helps in some way.

When you’re experiencing this slowdown, open Task Manager, look under Processes, and see if you can spot the culprit…

LM

PS: Also, make sure that under Settings/Reports you have the box checked to create troubleshoot logs… Kishor may need you to generate some.

Tnx, webb2000, for following up on that, and posting back. Hopefully that will give them some useful info.

LM

No hiccups on numerous installs so far. :slight_smile:

I decided to unistall the lastest beta because it even slowed down the task manager and the problem occurs when i create the user generated safelist. Does that help any? Just Curious. (:SAD)

Hi, how to uninstall or revert back before the lastest beta CAVS 2.0.14.50. I experienced an unusual CPU temp increase which frightened me as it kept increasing. This happened ever since I updated the latest beta. I had to immediately shutdown my pc. Now I had to open my case’s side panel and have a big fan blowing to keep the CPU temp down.

Thanks.