CAVS 2.0.14.50 Updates Live [CLOSED]

Hi All,
In this release, the reported bug On-access and HIPS exclusion list bug is fixed. Now you can exclude the files/folder from on-access scanning and HIPS application control.

Also the console scanner engine initialization error when it was called from some other application like firefox is fixed in this version 2.0.14.50. Now you can set console scanner CAVSCons.exe to scan files from some other programs like firefox, Messanger programs etc.

regards
Kishor

Thanks… The on access scanner works now for firefox and limewire.

Please add this trojan in your virus database… BoClean detected it but CAVS didnt. Thanks.

05/02/2007 22:18:33: PYTHONJACK MALWARE STOPPED by BOCLEAN!
Trojan horse was found in memory.
C:\WINDOWS\RAVMONE.EXE contained the trojan.
Active trojan horse WAS shut down. System now safe.
Logged in user: xxxx

Something’s caused an irq_not_less_than_or equal BSOD when installing the 1.75 Xfire update that has just been released. What happened was that I got the HIPS messagefor 75.exe (the Xfire update) which froze, I then had to kill all the CAVS processses to get rid of it. After doing this it caused a BSOD.

Disabling HIPS let me install the update just fine. I have been able to install Xfire updates without such problems with previous versions.

Hi may i know how I can set up the messenger programs to scan during any file transfer. Thanks.

Here’s command-line parameters:
https://forums.comodo.com/index.php/topic,6013.msg46550.html#msg46550

Will you upload your minidump files from this location: %SystemRoot%\Minidump
You can compress the file to .zip or .rar and attach to your post using the Additional Options just below the textbox.

LM

Hello everybody,
I have updated to the new version but my on access scanner has stopped working.
I downloaded the eicar test file by using firefox but CAVS didi not detect it.
However CAVS failed to detect it even when I opened the file.
Only right click scan was working.
Could you tell me how to fix this.
Waiting for you.
Thks

Hi Kishor,

I think I found a bug:

CavAUD.exe consumes all the resources of my CPU!!!

[attachment deleted by admin]

despite asking for a scheduled scan to occur every 3rd day it occurs every day

Since this upgrade on Saturday
often when I go to copy files from my SD card
(which I have been doing happily for many months)

I NOW GET THE ABOVE BSOD.

uninstalled CAVS problem gone

Wabbit, the BSOD should have created a minidump file, located here: %SystemRoot%\Minidump

Will you compress that to a .zip or .rar and attach to your post under Additional Options?

This will greatly help the dev team in determining what went wrong.

Tnx,

LM

Sorry the dump if generated is not there now.

Maybe a pass by CCleaner deleted it.

Sorry

I have had the NO_MORE_IRPO_STACK_LOCATIONS bsod when anything tries to access slave hard disk since the CAVS updated on 05/05/07. Resolved by uninstalling CAVS.

I did manage to capture the minidmp, hopefully attached.

Geoff

CAVS onaccess exlude failed.

I cannot use the exclude list and most panels with lists with 120 dpi fonts and 2580x1600 :frowning:

See what I got in the attachement:

G’day,

I believe this is a glitch with the programming tools used to build the GUI. If you change your font resolution down, it should be OK. The developers have been notified of this - whether they do anything about it is yet to be determined. But we live in hope. :wink:

Cheers,
Ewen :slight_smile:

According to Melih, CPF V3 will address a majority of the issues that users reported with the previous GUI. Hopefully, the same will be true with a future version of CAVS.

https://forums.comodo.com/index.php/topic,4612.msg49375.html#msg49375

Al (Test with 120 DPI) Adric

Thanks, I guess I ll have to wait for V3 :stuck_out_tongue:

Another problem is when I activate HIPS, and use the start menu to start Opera (V9.20 or other) It will completely freeze the start menu and I have to restart the whole PC.

As I cannot use the exclusion list then I have desactivated the HIPS completely :frowning:

New version of CAVS does not allow safe removal of USB drives. Now I get an error message which says that the drive is used by another process.

A bug in Hips

Hips Sometimes interfears with Explorer and causes it to use all the available cpu power. The result is that the pc becomes unusable. The moment that I turn off Hips the CPU power that explorer used dropped from 98% to 01%!

This occasionaly happens with other programs too. This is probably related with the bug that I reported earlier https://forums.comodo.com/index.php/topic,8560.msg62475.html#msg62475