Can't wait for CIS Win10 Release ? Check this topic.

I attempted to use workaround described here (reinstall) , but now Windows 10 does not allows to run CIS setup as it’s “incompatible” with Windows 10 and “could cause harm”.
So this method is off, and we need the update promised.

Hi, if you’re trying to install CIS then change the name from “cis_installer.exe” to “cis.exe”, that should stop Windows from interfering.

I left mine on 8.1 too, and well, it still shows the tray icon, but with the X, I tried the “fix” but that doesn’t work, went and did a FULL uninstall, and ran the “MSI” stand alone install file, it kept telling me I had an older version and would quit, OK, well I still have an old piece of software from windows that “cleans” all connections with a piece of software, did the installer again, installed, but didn’t want to run at all after that, and no way to “fix” that.

Soooo COMODO did give me the first excuse to recover the Image I had JUST made for this occasion, and at least I know my USB recovery stick and the Image I made using the imaging program within W10 works, so thanks for that anyway.

For now I’ll hold on to what’s there and wait for this “big” fix next week. I assume windows firewall is taking over for the time being. The anti Virus seems to be OK even though I can’t get to it, I still see that it somehow updates when I open the comodo GUI, (which is still un-resizable),and windows isn’t complaining that I need a AV.

Ditto!

Latest version of CIS working well in windows 10 64 bits version!

Hi,

sorry not really. The internally called “Service Release 1” for windows 10 is coming “next week”, no new functions, just Bug fixes and optimization. So that could bring back CIS functionality without Comodo doing anything or it could brake it completely.

“Threshold 1” is coming October with new functions, Bug fixes and again optimization and of course all the small updated in between…

Then “Redstone 1 & 2” are coming 2016…

So a lot of work for the CIS developers…

Thanks

LordRayden

Hi,

yes for you and me but not for other users so it’s not really helpful, we should try to find out why it is working for me and you and not for others(for me without reinstalling). BTW, I hope you are only using the Firewall or that you disable the AV in CIS since two AV engines on one PC is a recipe for trouble…

In German:
Ja, für Dich und für mich aber nicht für andere user, also ist das nicht wirklich hilfreich, wir sollten versuchen herauszufinden warum es bei Dir und mir funktioniert und bei anderen nicht’(für mich ohne Neuinstallation). Nur so nebenbei, ich hoffe Du benutzt nur die Firewall oder wenn CIS das Du AV abschaltest weil zwei AV Engines auf einem Computer kann nur zu Problemen führen…

Thanks

LordRayden

would it be recommanded to uninstall CIS before upgrading to w10, and reinstalling afterwards?

i probably wont be upgrading to win10 before in 3-4 weeks.

I would say yes, it’s recommended to uninstall CIS before you upgrade to Windows 10 and then re-installing the latest version of CIS (whatever that is at that point in time) afterwards.

Thanks, BuketB! I uninstalled and reinstalled CIS AFTER upgrading from 8.1 to 10 and now everything is working fine. If I had it to do over again, I think I would uninstall CIS first, then upgrade and reinstall.

I tried uninstalling CIS prior to upgrading to Win10.
Win10 won’t upgrade on my current system, error 80070005. All potential fixes have failed.
I understand there is a major win10 patch coming this week? I hope it resolves this issue. I have never (knock on wood) experienced issues like this before.

I booted into Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit.
I didn´t deinstall CIS !
Then I put in the Windows 10 Home 64bit DVD and chose setup.exe and also chose to keep my settings and programs.
All went very well exept that CIS reported a problem with the CIS Firewall. Clicked on the Fix it button and did a reboot.
Same problem but then I deinstalled CIS and reinstalled it with the help of this and now it is working fine:

"Quote from: Sanya IV Litvyak on July 16, 2015, 07:47:16 AM

Open the installer (cis_installer.exe / cfw_installer.exe / cav_installer.exe) with an archive program like 7-zip then navigate to cfw_installer.exe\cis\download\installs\xml_binaries\cis\ and then extra either cis_setup_x64.msi (if you have a 64bit system) or cis_setup_x86.msi (if you have a 32bit system)

Please note that this seems to extract the cis installer regardless of which product you downloaded, so for example if you downloaded Comodo Firewall then using the method above it will extract the installer for Comodo Internet Security.

After that is done then just run the extracted installer.

If you want Comodo Firewall (i.e without Comodo AV) then you can do the above then use control panel to change the installation and remove Comodo Antivirus."

Thanks to Sanya IV Litvyak again !

Hi, Here’s dedication to Comodo Firewall…

Installed Win10 Pro per Msoft app and stayed online to let it do its thing. CIS was bust and Windows Firewall wasn’t on either >:(

Image restored Win 7 Pro and sniffed this thread. Repeated upgrade per advice: uninstalled CIS firewall first, changed installer name, and upgraded WIN 10 offline.

CIS worked. Imported my config. Just needed to faff with drivers for hardware but expected that.

If at first you don’t succeed… ;D Can’t live without CIS firewall.

Yesterday I installed Windows 10 Pro on my home PC.
Before that, I downloaded the CIS installer and I extracted the 64bit msi, then I made a clean installation of Windows 10 (thus removing the previously installed version of CIS).
After Windows 10 completed the installation, I re-installed CIS and everything went smooth, without any reboot.
Then, I just had to import my configuration and reboot to apply the Proactive Configuration.
That’s all, everything is working fine now :-TU

Hi,
I upgraded to Win 10 from Win 8.1 x64 and CIS 8.2.0.4591 failed to start - the error thrown out was “Comodo Application Agent Not Running”.

Changed Windows Defender & Windows Malware in gpedit.msc from ‘Not Configured’ to ‘Disabled’. Windows Firewall was kept on.

Downloaded the latest CIS and just double clicked it >> Custom Installation >> Geek Buddy, Chromodo, Secure DNS & Homepage - all checked to OFF. It asked for a reboot, did it and then d/loaded the latest CAV files.

Working fine, without any problems. Thank you Comodo.

PS: I updated to latest Drivers using Driver Booster. Disabled CryptoPrevent & removed its Group Security Policies, Disabled all protection of SpywareBlaster & SpyBot S&D ‘BEFORE’ I upgraded to Windows 10.

Intel i5 on Intel DH61WW with 4GB RAM. Windows 8.1 of course was genuine, and not Capt. Jack Sparrow stuff :wink:

Comodo firewall won’t even install on windows 10… So how will this work around work if you can’t install it?
I had comodo firewall installed on my pc’s when i upgraded to win 10 and once installed i couldn’t use the internet because windows 10 is setup to use windows firewall only, and will not let you use a third party firewall. Once i uninstalled comodo firewall i could go online again after a restart.
Every since then i have been trying to find a third party firewall that installs and works on windows 10.
But this has been a failure because no one that makes firewall’s can install on windows 10, even the companies that claim their firewall works on windows 10…
Lol nope won’t install on it…

So please get it working asap because i surely don’t trust microsofts firewall… i have never used it and i don’t like using it now…

Thanks

Did a clean install. Windows 10 Enterprise x64 MSDN version.

First thing i did after windows was installed, i turned off windows firewall and installed Comodo firewall.

Comodo firewall works great, without any bugs and i had no install errors during install.

Im now running Comodo firewall with 360 Total Security Essentials. Works great in win 10.

don’t know how you installed comodo firewall? But i did a clean install of windows 10 and comodo firewall will not install period.

Hello hjason7812,

Please kindly note that we are about to make a hotfix release for Win10. However you are also able to install with the latest built installed on Win10. How ? You need to rename your CFW installer and run a clean installation.

Please kindly let me know the result :wink:

Best Regards
Buket

It’s been over four hours, any news on this hotfix? I don’t see anything on the main site about Windows 10, which is disconcerting. I only found out about this thread by accident searching bing for what was going on.

Also, it would be best to explain exactly what a “clean install” is, because to me a clean install is an install on an uninfected machine, which is something of a catch 22 in itself for one cannot be sure their system is clean unless they install a security program or know how to use/access Windows Defender properly. I’ve seen others say “clean install” and it seems everyone has their own interpretation of what that means. Thanks!