Cannot print from some browsers using some drivers in Kiosk [M71]

A. THE BUG/ISSUE Printing web pages from a sandboxed browser in Kiosk is impossible, I get a script error with a yes/no answer that leads me nowhere.
Summary: No printing possible in Kiosk
Can U reproduce the problem & if so how reliably?:Yes it seems to happen always with the latest version of Comodo, version 6.0.264710.2708, inside a private window or not. Note that with a sandboxie sandboxed browser there is the ability to print without any problem.

If U can, exact steps to reproduce. If not, exactly what U did & what happened:
Open sandboxed browser like IE9 in Kiosk and print a web page, it won’t and a script error is appearing.
If not obvious, what U expected to happen:Printing be possible in Virtual Kiosk as in Sandboxie.
If a software compatibility problem have U tried the conflict FAQ?: No
Any software except CIS/OS involved? If so - name, & exact version: No, can’t see any related to the printing issue, also it prints from Sandboxie!

Any other information, eg your guess at the cause, how U tried to fix it etc: I guess Comodo can’t see the printer driver
Always attach: Diagnostics file, Watch Activity process list, (dump if freeze/crash). If complex: diagnostic report attached

B. YOUR SETUP (Likely the same for each issue, so you can copy forward)
Exact CIS version & configuration: Comodo Internet Security version 6.0.264710.2708 Proactive Security.

Modules enabled & level. Autosandbox/BBlocker set to untrusted, Firewall, & Real time AV, AV set to block threat, heuristics set to high, Cloud AV on, Firewall set to Safe Mode. Latest def. updates.

Have U made any other changes to the default config? (egs here.): No
Have U updated (without uninstall) from a previous version of CIS: Installed after clean uninstall of Norton 360 with Norton Removal Tool. Everything otherwhise runs fine except for 2 bugs: (1) wit Trusteer Rapport amnd (2) with Real Time protection in Kiosk.
if so, have U tried a a clean reinstall - if not please do?: No, don’t have nothing to do, it’s a version bug!
Have U imported a config from a previous version of CIS: No
if so, have U tried a standard config - if not please do:
OS version, SP, 32/64 bit, UAC setting, account type, & virtual machine used: Windows 7 64 bit SP1, UAC on, Admin account

Other security/sandbox software a) currently installed:Sandboxie, MBAMPro editon,
b) installed since OS: None

[attachment deleted by admin]

Confirmed, neither Dragon nor IE10 will print a web page while in the Kiosk. With Dragon I get a box saying the printer can not be found. In IE10, everything appears to go right until clicking on Print in the Printer interface and then nothing happens.

Actually, it appears that this is likely intended behavior. Apparently there are some pieces of malware which could otherwise use this as an exploit.

Thus, I will move this to the Resolved/Outdated Issues - CIS.

Thank you.

Strange, the malwares aren’t exploiting this in Sandboxie but they are in Kiosk. I was doing online Banking in Kiosk and needed to print a receipt!.. :cry:

Sorry. Perhaps it would be helpful to add a wish about this though. Maybe Comodo can find a way to protect against this in the future which doesn’t involve blocking all printing.

I can’t print a web page but I was able to print a shipping label from the USPS site while using Dragon in the Kiosk.

Okay, upon further review I have decided that regardless of whether this is a bug or not it is still an issue which needs to be brought to the devs attention. Thus, I will move this back to the bug reporting board.

However, for me to forward this I still need the following information.
Can you please post a screenshot of the script error which pops up?
Also, can you please post a KillSwitch process dump from the time at which the script error appears?

Thank you.

here

Please attach either a zip file with the KillSwitch process dump, or a screenshot of KillSwitch while that is running, to your original post and I will forward this.

Thanks.

here zip file of minidump ie in Kiosk

As I said previously, I am not sure if this is a bug or intended behavior. However, as this is obviously an issue which could cause issues for many users (such as if they had just finished making a payment and had to print the confirmation page, as obviously they couldn’t log back in outside the Kiosk to do so) I am forwarding this to the Format verified Issue Reports - CIS section of the forum.

Thank you very much for your report in standard format, with all information supplied. The care you have taken is much appreciated by Comodo, and will increase the likelihood that this can be fixed.

Developers may or may not communicate with you in the forum or by PM/IM, depending on time availability and need. Because you have supplied complete information they may be able to replicate and fix this without doing so.

Many thanks again.

I never got the script error, It just said the printer could not be found. In IE10, it appeared to be working but nothing happened when clicking on print. I can print certain things though, just not entire web pages.

Tried to print an online bamnk statement through Comodo Dragon in Kiosk, nothing happened! For the script, I use IE 9 (32 bits) and I’m on Win 7 64 bits SP1 and it happens for sur with IE and also I think with Google Chrome, if I remember. ;D

Can you please check and see if this is fixed with the newest version? Please let us know whether it is fixed or you are still experiencing the problem.

Thank you.

PM sent.

Can you please check and see if this is fixed with the newest version (6.2.282872.2847)? Please let us know whether it is fixed or you are still experiencing the problem.

Thank you.

PM sent.

The behavior in v6.2 is exactly the same. I can print some things but not a full web page. This is what I get when trying to print the Google page in Dragon.

Thank you for checking this.

I have updated the tracker.

Can you please check and see if this is fixed with the newest version (6.3.294583.2937)? Please let us know whether it is fixed or you are still experiencing the problem.

Thank you.

PM sent.

gdiloren has informed me via PM that this is not fixed for CIS version 6.3.294583.2937.

Thus, I have updated the tracker.

Can you please check and see if this is fixed with the newest version (7.0.313494.4115)? Please respond to this topic letting us know whether it is fixed or if you are still experiencing the problem.

Thank you.

PM sent.