C.I.S. VS Avast

security is a psychological thing too. paid software when its free always has something missing. psychologically you always feel ‘exposed’, atleast i do.

i rarely, actually never use a free version of a paid software. Except MalwarebytesAntiMalware and a-squared coz they are on demand.

Special offer:
* Single PC: US $55.93 (was US $79.90)
* 3-Pack: US $90.93 (was US $129.90)

The 30% discount offer is available on our website now:
a-squared Anti-Malware + Online Armor Personal Firewall Bundle

The information quoted above from another post just serves to highlight the true value Comodo gives to its CIS users. Anti-malware plus firewall bundle for one to three PCs - $60 to $91. A free, top-notch Internet security suite that gives the user prevention, detection, and cure - PRICELESS!

Thank you for the information. Having family and single signatures doesn’t make a quick comparison to other scanners possible…

Out of sheer curiosity. How much stuff does Comodo detect what others don’t see?

last month…
we put 1415573 files through our systems (not all malware)

Caught by CAV only 98838 (this is only caught by CAV and no other AV at that time)

Caught by competitors only 1437 (this many is not caught by CAV but with some of the competitors)

Analysed by CAMAS 179639

Verdicted by CAMAS as suspicious 25962

Verdicted by CAMAS as highly suspicious 32825 (these are added as signature to CAV as well straightaway on top of Caught by CAV only number. These from CAMAS is not detected by other AVs either so you can add this number to the Caught by CAV only number above.)

As always no single AV can cover 100% of the malware, including CAV :). But the percentage of what CAV detects compared to what other AVs detect is increasing.

Our next target is to do updates every 30 min. Now, i don’t want people to misunderstand this… its not about simply changing our frequency to 30 min from 1 day… no no no… this is about time it takes from a suspicious file being submitted to us to our sig generation in 30 min. So you give us a file to analyse, within 30 min your AV should have the updated signature base to detect it… that’s our goal.

Melih

Thanks for clarifying! About the amount caught by competitors only: probably more, because whatever malware you get you add, right? :wink:

Hard goal. :stuck_out_tongue: But will you also release updates about every 30 minutes?

sure any malware we find we add to our db.
and yes 30 min is our goal…

Melih

So let me get this straight: your goal is to process submitted samples in 30 minutes, and have updates every 30 minutes too.

About when? :stuck_out_tongue:

thats the goal.
we hope to start april maybe.

thanks
Melih

thanks melih i m very excited about the fact that from april you guys starting that 30 min update thing.
I also like to take ur attention to the fact that for many people updating CAV is big problem, so can u please give us solution on it, currently it takes more than 20 min to update virus database and after that many times messages comes “failed to update” it takes so much time, atleast it should have resume feature, it would be best if it get broken in many pieces in download.
Thanks for such a great product.

Well, it’s april already :stuck_out_tongue: I assume this will already apply to version 3.8 or not?
Also you’ll have to change update check frequency in program itself, so it’ll check for updates every 30 minutes (which i think it’s not doing now).

Melih,

It is now the 8th of April and there are not any new updates available since I did my first update this morning, approx. nine hours ago.

When is this to take place in April?

I’m sure there will be an announcement on the forum.

We are 3 weeks into April and still nothing.

More frequent updates won’t come till v4 IMO. I can bet money on this :slight_smile:

You must understand that nothing is set in stone. This goes for EVERYTHING on the forum (betas, public releases, etc.)

It comes when it comes. :wink:

Point is, you have to take into account all the other stuff that’s running in memory at the same time, as well as having enough ram left to run memory-intensive apps like Photoshop or Autocad etc. They all need ram and it all adds up, so a security package with a small memory footprint is essential for many who run graphics and cad software as I do. Having consideration for ram usage is not pointless at all in my view.

lets see if you are a man of your word.

I will bet you money… $1000 ( or more :slight_smile: )

Lets see if you have the manhood to carry out your word and bet $1000 with me :wink:

Melih

wow…

Just adding my experience to RejZor’s experience.
I am running XP SP2 WITH Avast (3/7 modules enabled) WITH Comodo Firewall, on 256MB RAM. And i can also report that XP SP2 along with Avast along with ZoneAlarm free can be run on a 128MB RAM machine!! {Switched to Comodo after 256 RAM, so cannot comment on it} :slight_smile:

As for the apples and oranges point. Set me off on tangential thinking… Added an interesting thread on it in the Gen discussion section!
“In terms of Pepsi and Apples! - an international comparison”
https://forums.comodo.com/general_discussion_off_topic_anything_and_everything/in_terms_of_pepsi_and_apples_an_international_comparison-t40425.0.html