Bug Reports - CMS

Hi, everyone,

Thank you for taking your time to give us the feedbacks on CMS. We believe that with your concerns and under our continuous efforts, CMS would gets better and better.

Standard format is not required on a bug report. However, to facilitate our developers quickly making the reported problems solved, reporting bugs with bug format as below will be appreciated.

We appreciate a lot for all your efforts to help us improving CMS.

A. The bug/issue

1. What you did:
  2. What actually happened or you actually saw:
  3. What you expected to happen or see:
  4. How you tried to fix it & what happened:
  5. Is it a software compatibility problem?:
  6. Details & exact version of any software (except CMS) involved (with download link unless malware):
  7. Whether you can make the problem happen again, and if so exact steps to make it happen:
  8. Any other information (eg your guess regarding the cause, with reasons):

B. Files appended. (Please zip unless screenshots)

1. Screenshots of UI bugs:
  2. System log file:
  3. Screenshot of setting page. Can be used instead of typed product and database version.

C. Your set-up

1. CMS version, database version used:
  2. Mobile phone models:
  3. Adroid OS version:
  4. Where does Android OS come from?(Original OS or reinstalled OS? If it is reinstalled OS, please provide a download link)
  5. Where does ROM come from?(Original ROM or reinstalled ROM? If it is reinstalled ROM, please provide a download link)
  6. Have you updated (without uninstall) from a previous version of CMS:
  7. Other security and utility software currently installed:
  8. Other security software previously installed at any time:

Thanks.

Fanny

Are “Scheduled Tasks” working in this release? I have setup a scheduled antivirus scan on several occasions but nothing seems to happen. If this is a bug, I’ll provide info.

:slight_smile:

What is the minimum Android platform required. I can’t get this installed on 2.1 update 1.

Ewen :slight_smile:

Yes, “Scheduled Tasks” works in this release.
About Antivirus scan scheduled task, it runs in the background. If it found virus, it will give notification on the top of mobile phone, if found no virus, it will not bother you again.

Whether found virus or not, you can see last scan time on “Antivirus” component page.

Thanks.

Minimum Android platform required of this beta release is V2.2.

Thanks.

please keep it at 2.2, that is still a lot of the android market.

I did notice one small problem, it is slow to respond sometimes, the screen will just stay black for 30 or so seconds before it responds. I have a galaxy s single core ( so not the slowest or fastest), so it needs to be optimized for speed.

So far that is what I have noticed.

I can’t install it on my LG Swift with Android 2.6.29
It says that there is an error with parsing the package. (Parse Error: There is a problem parsing the package)

I suspect you need version 3+ for your tablet for it to work.

It’s a smartphone.

then it is not 2.6.29, that os was for tablets only.

Hi,
Android 2.3.3.
Process Manager doesn’t work.
It looks OK on Summary page, but I get error message if I try to run it.
Other options work OK…
Bye,
Andrey

Thanks, I didn’t notice that. It might be a good idea to change the icon when scanning. Once complete, the shield could change green if virus free. I can see why you did this but it might catch others out like it did me (or maybe it’s just me :slight_smile: ).

:slight_smile:

We will consider your proposal, and appreciate your good ideas very much.

Thanks for your bug report, can you please help to export a system log for analyze?

You can export system log follow below steps:

1. Turn on “USB debugging” on your phone.(Setting->Application->Development->USB debugging)
  2. Connet data line with mobile phone and PC
  3. Install mobile phone driver on pc
  4. Please download 3 adb files in attached to your PC
  5. Try to run “Process Manager” to repro the error message popsup steps
  6. Run CMD: adb.exe logcat >log.txt -d
  7. Please attach this log.txt to post

Thanks very much!

[attachment deleted by admin]

The issue you discribed does not repro on our phones, which component are you using while the screen stay black for 30s?
Can you please help us to export a system log for analyze?
Thank you very much!

no component, just during start up. after the main screen the whole thing goes black for a while then everything is find. I will upload a system log file. All I think needs to happen is maybe some more optimization.

Dear Sir,
I tried to do it, but I got error message on point 6 (adb.exe logcat >log.txt -d - “adb.exe file not found”)
Could you please specify:

1. Should I unzip adb files (if yes, what place on my PC it should be unziped?)
  2. point 6: Is it correct: my PC - Run - adb.exe logcat >log.txt -d?
  3. Where could I find log.txt file?

Thanks!
Andrey

1.Yes,please unzip adb zip file first, you can place it everywhere(eg.d:\adb)
2.Please goto the directory which has adb.exe and other 2files unzipped in(eg. If the 3 files unzipped to d:\adb\,please enter “cmd” in your PC - Run to launch CMD, then enter “d:\adb\adb.exe logcat >log.txt -d” in CMD to get log.txt)
3. You can find log.txt in the same directory with adb.exe

Any problems please contact me here or by email, my email address is xukun@comodo.com
Thanks

Thank you for the explanation!
But, I want to ask about p.3 (3. Install mobile phone driver on pc).
In fact, I have no any mobile phone driver.
However, I have installed on my PC HTC Sync program.
So, should I connect my mobile phone on Synk mode or on just drive mode?
Thank you!
Andrey

Hm… I did all as you said, but I couldn’t get any text file there…