Bug Reports - CMS

Maybe driver is not installed successfully, it does not matter. :slight_smile:

Can you please get a screenshot of error message for us? If canā€™t, we would like to know what does the error message describe.

And what is your phone model? Does network is connected?

Our dev will continue to contact with you by personal message. Thanks for your help.

Hi,
I have the same problem with the process manager:
LG-P970
Android v2.2.2
Software 10c

As I do not want to install another driver I can show you a hardcopy of the error message (see attached file).

Edit: the phone is rooted.

[attachment deleted by admin]

A. SMS messages I send via Private SMS arenā€™t arriving at recipient.

1. What you did: I sent SMS message via Private SMS to myself. (for testing purpose ofc. :P)
2. What actually happened or you actually saw: Outgoing message shown as ā€œMeā€
3. What you expected to happen or see: I expected to receive it.
4. How you tried to fix it & what happened: -
5. Is it a software compatibility problem?: Maybe
6. Details & exact version of any software (except CMS) involved (with download link unless malware): -
7. Whether you can make the problem happen again, and if so exact steps to make it happen: Yes.

1. Add a private contact.
  2. Send message to the contact (via default sms app) or import.
  3. Go to Private SMS section then send message from there.
    8. Any other information (eg your guess regarding the cause, with reasons): -

B. Files appended. (Please zip unless screenshots)

1. Screenshots of UI bugs: -
2. System log file: log3.zip (password protected)
3. Screenshot of setting page. Can be used instead of typed product and database version.
SC20111124-094420.png
SC20111124-094501.png

C. Your set-up

1. CMS version, database version used: CMS version V1.0.16189.1, Virus Database V1.0
2. Mobile phone models: Samsung Galaxy SII i9100
3. Adroid OS version: 2.3.5
4. Where does Android OS come from?(Original OS or reinstalled OS? If it is reinstalled OS, please provide a download link) Samsung?
5. Where does ROM come from?(Original ROM or reinstalled ROM? If it is reinstalled ROM, please provide a download link)
ROM (Frankenstein)
Android 2.3.5 XWKJ3
This package has: PDA: XWKJ3| Modem/phone: XXKI3| CSC: XEUKH2
Download: http://www.multiupload.com/JFWLX5M4EZ
Kernel (CF-Root)
Download: CF-Root-SGS2_XW_XEN_KJ3-v5.0-CWM5.zip
6. Have you updated (without uninstall) from a previous version of CMS: No.
7. Other security and utility software currently installed: DroidWall, LBE Privacy Guard, Go Launcher Ex, JuiceDefender, Titanium Backup, Widget Locker and moreā€¦
8. Other security software previously installed at any time: -

Thanks.

My phone is HTC Wildfire S

Error message:

ā€œŠžŃˆŠøŠ±ŠŗŠ°! ŠŸŃ€ŠøŠ»Š¾Š¶ŠµŠ½ŠøŠµ Comodo Mobile Security Beta (ŠæрŠ¾Ń†ŠµŃŃ com.comodo.pimsecure) Š½ŠµŠ¾Š¶ŠøŠ“Š°Š½Š½Š¾ Š¾ŃŃ‚Š°Š½Š¾Š²ŠøŠ»Š¾ŃŃŒ. ŠŸŠ¾Š²Ń‚Š¾Ń€ŠøтŠµ ŠæŠ¾ŠæытŠŗуā€

ā€œError! The application Comodo Mobile Security Beta (the process com.comodo.pimsecure) was stopped. Try againā€

Same thing was on Samsung Galaxy mobile phoneā€¦

Should ā€œApp Protectorā€ stop (or prompt) apps from being uninstalled? Tested with ā€œEICAR Anti-Virus Testā€ and ā€œAdobe Readerā€. Was able to remove Eicar using Settings, Applications, Manage Applications and also remove Adobe Reader using Market. If this is a bug with my phone, let me know and Iā€™ll provide details.

:slight_smile:

Edit: Also able to uninstall within CMS without being prompted.

Hi,
I have the same problem with process manager (com.comodo.pimsecure).
A1: run process manager from utilities screen
A2: The process crash
A3: RĆ©sults from scan
A4: Nothing (i am not qualified for that)
A5: I donā€™t know, the process donā€™t crash immediately
A6: Nothing started by me
A7: The process crash anythime it start
A8: -
B2: I donā€™t know where i can find it
B3: Not possible
C1: CMS V1.0.16189.1 DB V2.0
C2: Samsung GT-I9100
C3: 2.3.5 GINGERBREAD.XWKJ2
C4: Original
C5: Original
C6: No
C7: sĆ©curity:0 I donā€™t know what you call ā€œutilityā€
C8: none

For the system log, i donā€™t understand step 4. Where can i find adb files ?

Sorry for bad englich
Thanks

Hi languy99

Just out of interest, does this occur when you load CMS from the status bar? The reason I ask is because my brother has exactly the same phone (plus similar rom) as myself and he is seeing this problem (although not 30s). Loading CMS from the desktop or app tray displays the splash screen.

i too experience the same problem

What was the reason for using Android 2.3 as the baseline O/S? There are many models of handsets that cannot be upgraded beyond 2.2 (thank you Mr.Sony >:().

you should be able to, just going to have to use a custom rom. I bet someone will have a lightweight version of v4 soon enough.

I know and you know - Can I give your phone number to my mum so you can step her through how to root her phone? ROFL

IMHO, CMS should have been written to run on Android 2.1 and upwards. Why leave a large sector of the market unprotectable? Doesnā€™t make sense unless everyone upgrades to 2.3 or higher. 88)

Ewen :slight_smile:

Jokes apart it would really be a good thing to make it work on android 2.1
using custom rom may be an option but not many people are familiar with that

Hi, Graham1,

The current version of CMS does not protect applications being uninstalled. It enables you to lock your apps from being accessed by unauthorized users.However we may consider your concerns in the coming version.

Hi xiaofenf

Not sure what you mean by this ???. Do you mean ā€œunauthorized usersā€ after your phone has been compromized due to visiting a dodgy website or something?

Sorry, I didnot explain clearly. I mean when users try to lanuch the locked apps, they need to provide the correct password which is set up in App protecter Page.

Android version 2.3.3 original
Rom is original.
Phone is the Samsung Galaxy s II.
CMS version 1.0.16189.1
AV database version 2
Ran a virus scan from the Home screen.
Then popped into the Utilities/AntiVirus screen.
This screen did not recognize I had just completed a virus scan.
Instead it stated my last scan was 6 days ago.
This may seem a minor issue but the information presented should be consistent throughout.

Got a constant error in process manager.

The application Comodo Mobile security Beta (proces com.comodo.pimsecure) has stopped. Pls try again.

phone see below

A. The bug/issue

1. What you did: tapped on process manager button
  2. What actually happened or you actually saw: ā€¦loadingā€¦ than: popup with error
  3. What you expected to happen or see: a new window with options I think
  4. How you tried to fix it & what happened: canā€™t fix it
  5. Is it a software compatibility problem?: ?
  6. Details & exact version of any software (except CMS) involved (with download link unless malware): ?
  7. Whether you can make the problem happen again, and if so exact steps to make it happen: YES, see 1
  8. Any other information (eg your guess regarding the cause, with reasons): no

B. Files appended. (Please zip unless screenshots) NONE

1. Screenshots of UI bugs:
  2. System log file:
  3. Screenshot of setting page. Can be used instead of typed product and database version.

C. Your set-up

1. CMS version, database version used: Beta v1.0.16189.1
  2. Mobile phone models: LG-P500-V20g
  3. Adroid OS version: Android 2.3.3, Kernel 2.6.35.10-perf
  4. Where does Android OS come from?(Original OS or reinstalled OS? If it is reinstalled OS, please provide a download link) LGE original update
  5. Where does ROM come from?(Original ROM or reinstalled ROM? If it is reinstalled ROM, please provide a download link) LGE original update
  6. Have you updated (without uninstall) from a previous version of CMS: no
  7. Other security and utility software currently installed: none
  8. Other security software previously installed at any time: Dr. WEB lite

A virus scan from Home page? Do you mean health check?

This is because the current CMS considers health check and antivirus as two different functions, therefore the last scan time is only for Antivirus.

Hi, Eljo,

Do you set English as the language on your phone?
Can you please help me try that?

Because we have noticed that the ā€œprocess managerā€ bug is related to the language setting and we have fixed this bug. The next version should not have the problem.

Please explain Health Check then.
Thank you.

Edit
Health Check states it does a full virus scan also.
Please explain the difference between Health Check AV scan and the AV scan found under Settings.