BSODs: Please add your minidump files here [CLOSED]

kaspersky AV 7.0.0.125 installed before comodo FW 3.0 v276 on xp sp3 rc1.
it boots ok, but when i open windows live messenger or a webpage, i got a bsod with this indication :
NO MORE IRP STACK LOCATION
i cant use internet or the OS crash. if my file can help the coders…

all working perfect on vista.

[attachment deleted by admin]

to turn off kasper http traffic and turn off defense+ in comodo 3 is not possible, xp is a hole, better choose to keep one or the other or use kasper with an other firewall or comodo with another AV.
or use vista, they work fine together on this OS.
and if kasper is turned off or comodo turned off on xp, i still got a bsod.

I have my vista 64bit notebook set up to serve an internet connection to my XP desktop since the desktop lacks a wireless NIC and I don’t have a cat5 cable that can reach to the other room.

Everything is working fine as far as the notebook’s internet connectivity is concerned, but if I try to visit most sites with my desktop, incoming data seems to get blocked or my notebook goes to a BSOD and names inspect.sys as the culprit. A few quick searches suggests inspect.sys is a part of Comodo.

Its really strange because I can view pretty much everything on google, some pages at Time Warner Cable, and a very small selection of other sites from the desktop. However, going to wiki pages results in the BSOD, random other sites also caused the BSOD. Half of all sites I tried got stuck at the “transferring data from” stage, and I can’t download AVG updates but it gets past the “opening connection” stage if the notebook doesn’t BSOD first. When I started trying to run ICS, I had the beta version of Comodo installed. I uninstalled that, rebooted, then installed 3.0.14.276. When it still wasn’t working, I saw .277, so I ran the update tool (is there a problem with the update tool?)

All my NIC drivers are all up-to-date and I don’t see any updates for either OS. I updated Comodo from 3.0.14.276 to 3.0.15.277. If I uninstall Comodo, my desktop will connect flawlessly, but I need a firewall on the notebook because I use it in public places - not just at home behind my cable modem’s firewall.

My notebook (compaq f500 series, not sure of the exact model) uses a Broadcom integrated wireless NIC to connect to the internet, a Nvidia integrated NIC connects it to a buffalo WHR-HP-G54 router. The router connects to the Realtek RTL8139 in my desktop. I found on google that NF4s have a “broken” hardware firewall that can cause problems, but I’m under the impression that even the NF7 has been long outdated, so I sure hope my new(ish?) notebook has something more recent than a NF4.

The .zip has my dump file, I tried to just get the text but apparently I don’t have the right “symbol file” so I wasn’t sure how reliable or informative that would have been.

Since installing Comodo Firewall, I’ve had problems resuming from sleep mode. Basically, I get a blue screen of death when resuming from sleep mode. See my other post for more background info.

Windows Version/Bit and Service Packs:
Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit (all updates installed)
Comodo Firewall 3.0.15.277

Your realtime Antivirus/version,Spyware remover/Version, other Security Software/Version
AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition v7.5.516
Windows Defender
Spyware Doctor 5.1.0.272 (installed, but “disabled”. i.e. not running real-time)
Spybot Search & Destroy 1.5.1.15 (installed, but not running real-time)

Brief description of the problem (Attach Diagnostic report or crash dumps if needed)
I put the computer to sleep. When I resume from sleep, I get a blue screen. Usually it reports “bad_pool_caller”.

Gmer report and crash dump are attached.

Here it goes again… After I’ve installed new 277 version my problem is back (bsod caused by zeroconf and my wifi card rt2400). In 276 it was ok, except windows update in vista.
here is the link to minidump file that I’ve uploaded some time ago.

Hi, here’s the info:
windows vista familiale premium 32bits, no service pack
kaspersky anti virus 6.0.2.621, windows defender
internet explorer 7.0.6000.16575 , cmdguard.sys file version 3.0.0.64 product version 3.0.11.239

I was surfing for two hours on facebook and the BSOD occurred. more specificatly on the facebook application “compare hotness”.It happened twice.

I am having exactly the same “crash on eject CD” problem as detailed in the post:

“Sonic DLA with Comodo Firewall on caused BSOD”
https://forums.comodo.com/empty-t17158.0.html

Running XP on Dell Dimension 3000 desktop.
Comodo latest version 3 0 13 268
AVG free latest version

I have repeatedly isolated the problem to Comodo. When I close comodo the problem does not occur, even with all regular applications running. Whenever I eject my backup data DVD (containing zipped and encrypted files) while running comodo, even immediately upon startup, it bluescreens EVERY time. When comodo is closed, no problem.

stop message: 0x0000007E 0xC0000005, 0x806EE753, 0xF899AC28, 0xF899A924

I have attached images of two Microsoft error report logs. Didn’t bother poking around for the dump files yet.

Acer Aspire E700
Vista Home P. Version 6 Build 6000
Intel Core Duo 6300 [ at ] 1.86ghz
1024 DDR 2 Ram
AVG 7.5 Anti Virus Professional

After many months of running CPF3 including beta’s on my Vista computer I cannot have CPF3 on my system otherwise it crashes every 2/3 hours.
I was having problems with system restore in previous version 3.0.14 276 (x32) after I managed to get it running, I thought I would try a system restore point to check it was running correctly. (Big mistake!!!)
I have tried uninstall/clean reg and folders\files/install also tried latest version no difference.

Please see if you can tell me what the problem is minidump zip below from one of the crashes.
Dennis

Hello, anyone here?

I have since uninstalled comodo and gone right to the latest version, no update tool involved. The ICS option is checked, and everything from creating network zones to flat out disabling the firewall does not work, though at least the BSODs seemed to have stopped since skipping the updater and installing 3.0.15.277. I can complete an AVG update check as well, which never worked before.

With or without a firewall installed on the client PC, it still seems to reject most (but not all!) inbound internet traffic until comodo is uninstalled from the ICS server.

Windows XP Home Edition SP2
no other Security Software besides Comodo FWPro 3.0.15.277
BSOD when i run l2.exe - client of Lineage2 game - with error IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
minidump & GMER log attached

disabling CWFPro solves the BSOD

any suggestions? :slight_smile:

Just Surfing the net with Firefox 2.0.11 and Windows Live Messenger 8.5.1302.1108 build opened and appeared the CPF Crash Windows telling me that COMODO found a bug and it must be shutdown, I close that window and COMODO continued to work fine as always, so here my dump file, created by the CPF. So I know that my crash in’t a BSOD crash

Regards
Miguel Angel

(B) (R) (V) :■■■■

anyone from comodo team read this topic???

exitting CFW no more solves my BSOD :frowning: HELP! ???

Having problems with Comodo.

I’m running Vista Ultimate 32bit on a P4 3ghz HT machine with 1024mb ram. I’m using a gigabyte wireless adapter via USB. (Gigabyte GN-WB01 GS Usb wlan card)

My antivirus is AVG and I have Lavasoft Ad-Aware installed.

Dump attached as .rar

Appreciate the help, really want to use comodo! (L)

Sorry for the repeat post. I couldn’t add the gmer report:

Hi!

Relatively new to Comodo. I had version 2.4, recently upgraded to newest 3.0

I am getting a BSOD instantly on connection with Cisco VPN, version 5.0…

Am attaching gmer report and zipped minidump file. Greatly appreciate any help!

Additional info:

Windows xp SP2
Anti-virus: NOD32 2.70.39
Anti-spyware: SpySweeper version 5.5.7.124

hello!
please help me detect the problem.
i had downloads stop at some point after several hrs of work and disabling comodo was helpful but i decided to update drivers for the ethernet card and i had my system wont boot!
somehow i thought its some virus or maybe hard drive problem. but after testing the computer many times for hd condition and for viruses - i did not find any problems. i had this system crush twice(winxp and vista) with comodo installed - i reinstalled OS twise and now i have blue screen and decided it might happen because of Comodo.

will test if this true now…

my comp info:
win vista (no updates)
intel e6750
3 x 1gb samsung
palit 8800gts 320mb
mb gigabyte p35c-s3 1.1
dvdrw pioneer 112d
hdd#1 160gb samsung
hdd#2 250gb wd
hdd#3 500gb seagate
power - 460wt powerman pro

software:
deamontools 4120
avast 4.7.1098 home totally updated
comodo 3015277
i use own vista’s IE7
utorrent
(before the first system crushed there was adaware as well)
nothing else related was used during crushes

bsod:

driver_irql_not_less_or_equal stop: 0x000000D1, 0x00000008, 0x00000002, 0x00000001, 0x89B215B21 ndis.sys - address 89B215B2 base at 89AFC000 datestamp 4549b2fd

maybe some mistake there - just wrote down a second before it restarted.

i attached file with dump info

the problem appeared exactly after i started to use comodo 3.

Hello I just ran Scan My System and then i saw the blue screen error!? Heres the log from Event Viewer

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000000a (0x99852538, 0x00000002, 0x00000001, 0x804e9e5f). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP.

When this error occured i had TCPViewer CPF and IE opened at the same time and Scan My System was running

Now…The log is probably still located in C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP but how do i send it to Comodo? DR.Watson Crash Dump is set to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Dr Watson\user.dmp so should i look for both crash dumps and upload it somehow to Comodo?

CPF 3.0.16.295 XP SP2 32-bit

I have a P4 HT, My system internet browser is Firefox, OS: XP sp2 32bit
AV: None
Security Apps: Comodo Firewall Pro 3.0.16, Comodo Memory Guardian 2.0.4.20

There is a related bugreport SESSION5_INITIALIZATION_FAILED

I had a bsod after I scheduled a checkdisk on reboot on my system partition.
After the checkdisk I’m able to login but I get a BSOD after a variable amount of time.

Rebooting without checkdisk is fine.

Regards,
gibran

3.0.17 solved the BSOD issue but windows xp doesn’t operate correctly. Apps fail to launch or popup an error “DLL cannot be found” even if the dll is on the HD.
To restore normal operation a restart without using checkdisk on system partition is needed.

Just updated Comodo 3 yesterday to a new build v.3 and restarted it renewed some of my programs, got a strange blew screen about Catalog List or something, blue screened again with IRQ Less Equal, and now, my hard drive is fried.
RAW OS 0bytes used 0 free bytes, not NTFS, windows cant access the drive any longer.

I also updated Nero Antivirus feature when i got the first blue screen, so probably its Nero. Guess NTFS is ■■■■■■■ up beyond repair. When i start up it doesnt get to Windows, says, Read Disk Error press Ctrl Alt Del to restart.

As a 2nd drive, Windows can not open the drive it says, The file or directory is corrupted or unreadable, so I can NOT attach an BSOD logfile.

winxp pro
amd64 processor socket 939