BSODs: Please add your minidump files here [CLOSED]

Hi,

can egemen or someone take a look at my 2 minidumps and tell me whats going on this time please?

I’m still having problems when restarting WinXP the computer hangs the majority of the time when WinXP loads at the desktop my taskbar icons loads but not all of them and the desktop just freezes no mouse click or nothing works so i am having to shutdown and turn on my computer quite alot :-\

anyway i experienced another BSOD qhile winxp was loading then it just rebooted itself, and here is the minidump.

regards

Ron

P.S i already added Lock Folder XP 3.6 .sys and .exe file as trusted files to the firewall and safe files to defense+ lastnight

[attachment deleted by admin]

I just came across this site that reads minidumps for us ;D

Wicked!

anyway i just looked at the minidumps and it says

Bugcheck Analysis

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 1000000A, {63, 2, 0, 8053168c}

***** Kernel symbols are WRONG. Please fix symbols to do analysis.

Probably caused by : LF30XP.sys ( LF30XP+3859 )

Followup: MachineOwner

■■■■! that sucks :cry: i don’t get why this is happening with CFP 3 installed, before that I had no BSOD’s or start up problems at all!

anyway I would like to get this figured out and resolve this matter, right now I have no idea what to do :frowning: I depend on that Lock Folder XP 3.6 program I’ve had it installed for months! well before CFP and i have never had a BSOD or statup problem until installing CFP 3 versions

so it must be a conflict i feel going on between Lock Folder XP 3.6 and CFP 3 cos it definetely points to that since the problem only happens with CFP 3 installed and the Bug report
says: Probably caused by : LF30XP.sys ( LF30XP+3859 ) so it has to be a conflict between that file and CFP 3 going on :frowning:

I will see if I can get hold of another good free Lock Folder for xp type program and if i can i’ll uninstall Lock Folder XP 3.6 and install the different program IF! that is the problem and will stop my PC not loading right and freezing or any BSOD’s ;D

Please uninstall CFP and run bsodHOOK

Hi gibran,

i don’t think there will be any need to do that :wink:

I am 90% certain I have resolved the probem.
I uninstalled Lock Folder XP 3.6 after removing them 2 files from CFP pending my safe file list that i had added them too. and i had them also in the firewall as trusted application coughs i couldn’t find a way to undo that so i chose to add them as a blocked application ;D

then i uninstalled Lock Folder XP 3.6 and installed Hide Folders XP 2.9.1.391 that i came across as an alternative.

Guess what? :o no more reboot problems, and i’ve restarted my PC 4 times since doing this and no BSOD at all so far and when WinXP loads and the desktop taskbar icons all of them loads now no more hard reboots so far
:BNC

So I think I can say there is a problem with Lock Folder XP 3.6 when CFP 3 is installed
anyway right now I’m happy ;D the problem was defintely Lock Folder XP 3.6 causing problems with CFP 3 on the system, Solution? simply uninstalling it and installing a different program that will do what it does ;D Woooohooooo

I will keep you lot updated if i have any further reboot problems or BSOD, if by the end of the day or tomorow the problems are all gone after uninstalling Lock Folder XP 3.6, then I will confirm that, that was the problem and issue causing the BSOD and system freezing when loading WinXP startup programs.

thanks alot especially to

egemen
at pointing me to what the likely cause of the problems was

(V)

Glad it worked. the purpose of BSODHook is to stress test the system in order to prove the existence of vulnerable kernel hooking drivers,

Thank You :slight_smile:

Posted by: gibran

Glad it worked. the purpose of BSODHook is to stress test the system in order to prove the existence of vulnerable kernel hooking drivers,

Ah :o ok i will probably do that if its something I can get my head around. I’ve clicked the link and I will read the site on what it says for BSODhook and how to use it, and if I am able to do it I will and will post back the results :slight_smile:

I read the link the description and everything about BSODHooK

I do not feel confident trying that, i couldn’t comprehend most of what was being said, I found myself out of my depth, and i read the "using the BSODHooK utility part and looked at the screenshot as well. I’m sorry to say it doesn’t look like something I understand or comprehend to be able to give it a go :-\

For now the issues that my PC was having with CFP 3 installed seems all gone now :slight_smile: after uninstalling that Lock Folder XP 3.6 and installing a different software that does the same thing.

I’ll use my system as normal I’m 100% sure if there is any issues not detected yet they will happen and I will see what needs doing next and report it too for advice and help,

Thanks for all the advice and help that you lot have given me so far (V)

"Egemen, Comodo Staffer,

Some questions on your list of approved software by your LAB, where is it stored? Would you like a list of DLLs in csrss.exe with additional data? I have a copy of SysInternals Process Explorer from a few years ago, before Microsoft bought them out.

And, had a crash this morning when I came in to check my e-mail with IE v7.0, MFFx v2.0.0.11, PegasusMail v4.41 only software up and operating. This crash gave the same info as several before (quotes are mine):

“***STOP:0x000000050, (0xBAD0V154,0x00000000,0x8058188F,0x00000000)”

I await your return,

Edited by NTxLS today> I am not a Geek-A-Zoid or any other cute little title, just a very curious person and am not afraid to edit or prowl the Registry to see what is there and why.

Thank you for reading my message,

I am of the schooling that, “there can never be too much information shared.” What I mean by that is here comes some more . . . downloaded the ‘BSODHook’ v1.0.0 . . removed CFP v3.0.13.268. . . ran ‘BSODHook’ and the Driver would not install . . . nothing was shown as a problem either. NOT sure if that is GOOD or bad just would not work with CFP or without CFP installed, same problem.

One item to also report; after doing that above procedure, reinstalled CFP v3.0.13.268 and did a COLD boot. All came back up AOK, except my normal desktop disappeared and a White Window came up wanting me to troubleshoot my ActiveDesktop. I do not use ActiveDesktop so I returned all settings to my usual and everythingy came back up again as normal setup. Except for the three little boxes with the following messages:

#1. The system has recovered from a serious error.

A log of this error has been created.

(Below)

#2. BCCode: f4 BCP1 : 00000003 BCP2:81E74DA0 BCP3:81E74F14
BCP4:805FA160 OSVer:5_1_2600 SP:2_0 Product:768)1

#3. The following files will be included in this error report.

H:\DOCUME~1\singer\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER733b.dir00\Mini120307-01.dmp
  H:\DOCUME~1\singer\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER733b.dir00\sysdata.xml

Would you like to receive the files? Maybe there will be some helpful info there?

Thank you for reading my messages,

If that minidump was generated after cfp unistallation then it’s not needed to post it here.
But the fact that bsodhook driver cannot be loaded it’s strange.
Did you press the load driver button? If that doesn’t work please contact Matousec the fixed the Disable BSOD for me (I was unable to disable bsod).

I attached a screenshot of Bsodhook ready to go

gibran,

I did not think that was a ‘minidump’ you wanted to see; yes, it is after the removal of CFP. I did run BSODHook before removing CFP and the same action took place, that is when I removed CFP and found thingys were still the same.

I will contact Matousec. Not sure what you are meaning by, “. . .Matousec the fixed the Disable BSOD for me (I was unable to disable bsod).” So will not respond till L8R. (later)

Thank you for reading my poster toaster,

Bsod hook will stress test the system if there are special drivesr installed. If there is some vulnerable driver a BSOD can occur. Bsodhook can intercept those BSODs and prevent restarts.
So testing will be easier. I attached a pic with BSOD hook fully enabled in my previous post so you can check if there was something different on your pc.
The list of hooked functions wil cange accordingly to your pc setup.

Thank you for this info, just that my copy of BSODHook will not run nor display any info except in the log file area and all that is there is ‘Loading driver failed.’

Have sent a message to Matousec just a few minutes ago, looked for info to give them took longer than I thought. Hope what was provided will help. I await their return. Would have sent you a copy but did not know where to send. Would you like a PM copy/paste?

my dads PC reboots & BSOD and its been since installing comodo v3…
he has
winxphome sp2
kaspersky v6 and Spybot TeaTimer (Kaspersky webscan is of as is defense+ disabled)
the problem seems to happen when he clicks links…possibly just in Messenger…
dumpfiles are attached

gibran,

One point I neglected to mention is I do NOT use Messenger of any kind nor any of the IRCs, too risky.

The DeviceManager.Zip is attached using the 7Zip FREE zipper/Unzipper.

Will comply with the next request a little L8R,

1. Windows XP SP2
  2. Avast! anti-virus 4.7, Comodo 3.0.13.268
  3. N/A
  4. BSOD once VPN connection made
  5. Run the VPN client, enter password for connection. Connection is completed, machine blue-screens
    Cisco VPN client 5.0.01.0600 and 4.8
  6. Minidump and GMER report attached

The VPN client only runs into this problem if Comodo firewall is installed.

gibran,

Here is your requested info from BA, below. Also there was a BSOD yesterday and NO minidump was created that I can find. Standard information on the BSOD except for “PAGE_FAULT_IN _NONPAGED_AREA” which was close to the top of the screen, then below is the TechInfo:

***STOP: 0x00000050 (0xBAD08154,0x00000000,0x8058188F,0x00000000)

That came up after the install of BA and first run on the system, it did complete and I was reviewing the report when ‘BSOD’ and shutdown was my only option. Any time there is any requirement of a re-boot after any install or crash I do a “COLD” boot even when there is a popup window that has a check box for doing a reboot or wait until later. I always uncheck the box and close down what I had open so any data can be saved then the “COLD” boot, wait about 30 sec to maybe 15 minutes depending on what I have to do before continuing.

Now will work on your next request,

Gibran,

To get all of the info you requested there were two screenshots taken and they are in the one zip file.

See if that has more or all of the info you require.

As Usual, a very large THANK YOU for being patient with me as my training wheels are getting in my way and need to learn enough to remove them,

Hi All,

I am running XP Home SP2, and this is the first crash i Had on CFP 3.0.23.268

I am running on Startup - Spyware Blaster - Avira PE - Boclean 4.25 - Threat Fire.

I hope this Helps Comodo!!!

My story’s identical to this one, but I discovered if I turn off my modem after a reboot it doesn’t crash, only trying to connect to the net BSODs it. I only have AVG antivirus and the Vista firewall which I tried disabling. The blue screen specifically blames ndisuio.sys and I attached the dump, please help!