BSOD

Oy, I could’a told ya that! My wife used to have one! I’ve heard folks say they’re not so bad any more, but I think neither are they “so good.”

LM

Well the older ones had a Power supply issue but i guess that’s been fixed now. But i guess Gateway bought eMachine and Acer bought Gateway so i guess i have an Acer now? (:LGH)

Technical support said i might have a few viruses/spyware so i checked online with nod 32 online scanner couldnt find anything But scanned with AVG anti spyware found 1 trojan in my system restore. Tried yahoo toolbar anti spyware (■■■■■■ i know) it found 1 trojan in the windows update file… So could any of these be the cause of why im getting all these BSOD’s?. Also anyone who knows of a real GREAT online virus scanner could you please post the link to it in here? thanks:)

Other than Nod’s you can try (yes, you DO need to use IE for it):

Or the popular Jotti and VirusTotal, but these only scan single files at a time:
http://virusscan.jotti.org/

Remember, these are just scanners, not removers

Thanks soya i’ll try Kaspersky. Too many files to scan just 1 at a time :stuck_out_tongue:

No kidding, but the nice trade-off is you have a slew of scanners for each file. :smiley:

Goose17

I always use the online scanner at http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

I think it needs IE as well though. try it!

John

hey JJasper i’ve only heard good news about Trend Micro but their online scanner dosent remove any viruses or malware does it?

It has never found anything for me but I’m pretty sure it will remove whatever it finds.

John

SuperAntiSpyware

hahaha yeah i have it it’s found nothing i’m rather dissapointed it hasnt found anything…

Well then, other than SAS, and AVG, i got Spybot and A Squared free. AS that is.

AVG and Spybot here also trying AVG right now will try spybot later

Here is what the Trend Micro website says .

"Trend Micro HouseCall is an appliction for checking whether your computer has been infected by viruses, spyware or other malware (grayware). HouseCall performs additional security checks and allows to remove detected infections.

Detects and removes malware (viruses, worms, trojans, etc.)
Detects and removes grayware and spyware
Restores damage caused by malware to your system.
Notifies about vulnerabilities in installed programs and connected network services.
Multi-platform support for: Windows, Linux, Solaris.
Easy to use with the following browsers: Microsoft Internet Explorer,Mozilla Firefox."

John

Well i tried to run Trend Micro but my comp went into standby and gave me another BSOD… im so close to going crazy :frowning:

Well I think i’m just going to do a system restore to about 2 weeks ago before these problems ever started. Anyone else think this will work?

i’m sure that will work. just remember to re-updating your AV/AS and re-installing whatever you’ve installed during those 2 weeks.
i always create restore point before installing anything, so if something goes wrong, i can simply restore my system.

I’ve done a couple restores before and the odd thing is my software stays updated. dont know how

Alright got a few things to inform everyone

#1 My friend was messing with my computer a few days back and just now told me he took my hard drive out to test another one on my comp so Maybe thats the cause of my BSOD’s? since the hardware has changed and i had a hard drive related error popup. (What would i do to fix this then? just open my comp back up and wiggle my Hard Drive cable?)

#2 My computer wouldnt even allow me to restore my computer Not even to yesterday…

FIXED!!! #3 there is a new process when i check in Task Manager named " guard.exe " not sure what it is and windows wont allow me to terminate it. guard.exe is used for AVG Anti Spyware So this is a legit file.

well, i don’t have technical knowledge, but as a social human being i can give you a simple & logic suggestion :

KILL YOUR FRIEND & CUT OFF HIS BODY INTO 10 SEPARATED PARTS. ;D