BSOD With CIS if Intel Pro/100 VE network adapter enabled in system BIOS [M1044]

BSOD Driver IRQL not less or equal e100b325.sys with Comodo Firewall
Problem can be reproduced by enabling Intel Pro/100 VE network adapter when Comodo Firewall is installed.:

If U can, exact steps to reproduce. If not, exactly what U did & what happened:
1: Make a clean install of Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 with all critical updates applied.
2: Make sure the onboard Intel Pro/100 VE network adapter is enabled in the system BIOS.
2: Then install Comodo Internet Security.
3: Restart the computer as requested by CIS after installation.
4: A BSOD occurs immediately after the computer starts.

One or two sentences explaining what actually happened:
Windows Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) for Driver IRQL not less or equal
Stop: 0x000000D1 (0x00000000, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x97110FC)
e100b325.sys 97110FC base at 927050000, Datestamp 473de72c occurs when starting computer if the onboard Intel Pro/100 VE network adapter is enabled in the system BIOS.

One or two sentences explaining what you expected to happen:
Windows 7 to operate normally as did with CIS version 5 previously installed. There should be no BSOD.

If a software compatibility problem have you tried the conflict FAQ?:
Not applicable.

Any software except CIS/OS involved? If so - name, & exact version:
None.

Any other information, eg your guess at the cause, how U tried to fix it etc:
Comodo Firewall appears to cause a problem with Intel Pro/100 family of integrated network adapters built into ASUS motherboards. Problem has occurred on 2 different systems with same motherboard. I have an ASUSTeK P4P800-VM Pentium 4 motherboard.
Problem resolved by disabling onboard Intel Pro/100 VE network adapter in system BIOS.
Problem did not occur when using CIS version 5 or earlier versions - only since CIS 6.
I have a further IBM ThinkCentre 8429-KG7 system running Windows XP SP3 which has an Intel Pro/100 VE onboard network adapter with CIS 7.0.317799.4142 installed and no problems at all - which suggests that this issue is specific to Windows 7 as well as CIS with the e100b325.sys device driver.
The BSOD Dump file, and other useful files, can be downloaded from this link:
http://www.myupload.dk/showfile/c4j0.7z
Files uploaded to Dropbox via link above, including Windows 7 dump files, log files etc.

B. YOUR SETUP
Exact CIS version & configuration:
Comodo Internet Security version 7.0.317799.4142

Modules enabled & level. D+/HIPS, Autosandbox/BBlocker, Firewall, & AV:
Default initial installation with no changes to those defaults given by CIS itself.

Have U made any other changes to the default config? (egs here.):
None.

Have U updated (without uninstall) from CIS 5 or CIS6?:
Problem first experienced when CIS 5 updated to CIS6 via check for updates.

[b]if so, have U tried a a a clean reinstall - if not please do?[/b]:
 Yes, including clean install of Windows 7 SP1, but this did not solve the problem.

Have U imported a config from a previous version of CIS:
No.
if so, have U tried a standard config - if not please do:
Not applicable.

OS version, SP, 32/64 bit, UAC setting, account type, V.Machine used:
Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit, default UAC settings, Administrator account
No virtual machine involved.

Other security/s’box software a) currently installed b) installed since OS, including initial trial security software included with system:
a= None b= None
Vanilla install of Windows 7 Ultimate purely for testing purposes to isolate cause of BSOD.

Just to be clear, are you saying that you install CIS. It works fine. However, when you reboot, as is requested by CIS, you get a BSOD with the next boot of Windows?

If so please follow the advice on this page to make sure that your computer is configured to create a Complete Memory dump. For BSOD issues a Complete Memory dump is really needed in order to fully diagnose the problem, and fix it. Thus, after configuring your computer to create a Complete Memory dump please recreate the BSOD. Then you have the dump file, which you can submit with your report.

However, Complete OS dumps can be the size of your physical memory (RAM), but can compress well if you zip them - maybe down to to 10-20% of that size. That’s still pretty big of course so you need a big upload account to upload them. I use www.mega.co.nz for this purposes as they give away 50Gb, and have few other restrictions, although they do require free registration in order to post a download link. Please do upload the Complete Dump and paste a download link in your first post.

Let me know when you have completed that, or if you have any questions.

Thank you.

Yes, problem is as stated and BSOD occurs immediately that the Intel Pro/100 VE onboard network adapter is enabled when Comodo Firewall is installed.
Complete memory dump captured (2046MB) compressed to 18% at 368MB and added to dropbox folder given above.

Thank you. I made some small changes to your first post. Please look it over and let me know if everything is correct.

Also, please go to about for CIS and check for sure what the version number is. The most recent version should be 7.0.317799.4142. To find this open the main CIS GUI. Then go to the question mark, and select About.

Thanks.

CIS Product Version shows as 7.0.317799.4142 with database version 18804
Changes to first post are fine.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Thank you. I have made yet more changes to the first post. Please let me know if it still looks correct. If it does I can forward this to the devs.

The further changes look fine - the only other qualification with regard to recreating this issue is that in my case it is specific to Windows 7 and CIS being installed on an Intel based motherboard with an onboard Intel Pro/100 VE network adapter, i.e. I have an ASUSTeK P4P800-VM Pentium 4 motherboard. I found other users reporting the same issue for Intel Pro/1000 network adapters and CIS 6.

I have 2 systems both with the same P4P800-VM motherboards and both have experienced this problem - the second system is my main PC and I have had to abandon using CIS on that because I had not isolated the problem - I would prefer to have CIS installed but will wait to see what response the devs give.
Thank you for your time in looking at this issue.

One further comment - I have a further IBM ThinkCentre 8429-KG7 system running Windows XP SP3 which has an Intel Pro/100 VE onboard network adapter with CIS 7.0.317799.4142 installed and no problems at all - which suggests that this issue is specific to Windows 7 as well as CIS with the e100b325.sys device driver.

Okay, before I forward this I want to make sure that all relevant information is contained in the first post, and is correctly stated. This is critical because the devs only look at the first post when investigating the issue.

Also, I downloaded the dump files, and uploaded them to a file sharing site. This was done so that you do not need to always keep those files in your dropbox. You can now remove them if you like.

Let me know if everything is correct, or if you have any questions.

Thanks.

The updated first post looks fine - thanks for the suggestion that I can clean up my Dropbox folder of the dump files etc.

Thank you very much for your report in standard format, with all information supplied. The care you have taken is much appreciated by Comodo, and will increase the likelihood that this bug can be fixed.

Developers may or may not communicate with you in the forum or by PM/IM, depending on time, availability, and need. Because you have supplied complete information they may be able to replicate and fix the bug without doing so.

Many thanks again.

The devs have not marked this as Fixed in the tracker. However, sometimes bugs are fixed by the release of new versions, but not marked as Fixed in the tracker.

If you are able please check with the newest version (CIS version 8.0.0.4337) and let me know if this is fixed on your computer with that version.

Thank you.

Hello, thank you for you update reference version 8 of CIS, however this is only available as a commercial paid product, my installed CIS product is at the latest version 7 level of the non-commercial product. I would be happy to test version 8 but do not wish to pay to do so.

I understand. However, there is a free version available. It can be downloaded from this post.

Thanks.

I have uninstalled CIS 7, cleaned up using CCleaner and DiskMax to remove any remnants etc, then performed a clean install of CIS 8 with the Intel Pro/100 VE adapter still disabled in BIOS.
After updating CIS virus signatures and restarting without issue, I then shutdown the system, enabled the Intel adapter in the BIOS and was able to start Windows 7 without encountering any further BSOD.
The system has run fine overnight and all is fine this morning.
Please pass on my thanks to the developers for fixing this problem in CIS 8.

I’m very happy to hear that you are no longer experiencing these BSOD’s. I have closed this entry in the tracker, passed on your thanks, and will move this topic to Resolved.

If you find that this issue does return please just respond to this topic and let me know.

Thank you.