COMODO Internet Security 8.0.0.4337 is released!

Hello Everyone,

We are excited to announce that COMODO Internet Security/Antivirus/Firewall 8.0.0.4337 is released.

Existing CIS 6.x and CIS 7.0 users will receive CIS 8.0 updates later. However, existing CIS 6.x and CIS 7.0 users can update to CIS 8.0 by means of reinstallation procedure.

Thank you very much for your cooperation and support during the BETA testing! Thanks to your feedback and the excellent work of our teams worldwide, we have addressed 200+ bugs and many improvements over the last CIS 7.0 release. You can see a selected set of these in release notes section below.

What’s new in 8.0.0.4337?

New

Policy based automatic-sandboxing

• Ability to create automatic sandboxing rule based on various parameters such as file reputation, file origin, file source etc.
  • New default auto-sandboxing policy which is fine-tuned to isolate risky unknown applications

Hardware virtualization support

• When Intel VT-x or AMD SVM Virtualization extensions are available, Enhanced Protection Mode makes use of these technologies and CIS operates at hypervisor level

Extended Logging

• CIS can now send security and configuration events to Windows Event Logs

New UI theme

• “Flat Tile” theme with updated icons and colors for better look and feel

Viruscope Recognizer grid in ASE

• List of registered recognizers
  • Possibility to manage each recognizer state, turn it ON and OFF

Improved

Viruscope

• Viruscope is now enabled by default, monitors more activities and works on sandboxed applications as well as not sandboxed ones.
  • Viruscope performance is improved

User Interface

• The advanced settings window has been redesigned to provide a better layout

Fixed
We have addressed many issues reported by our users in this release. Here are a selected few

• Enabling Viruscope causes file sharing violations
  • Killing certain malware can cause BSOD
  • Certain keyloggers can sniff keyboard while sandboxed as partially limited
  • Office 2013 documents downloaded from the Internet sometimes cannot be opened inside sandbox
  • Microsoft Outlook cannot receive email inside sandbox
  • Multiple issues exploited by malware to bypass certain protections
  • Firewall blocks fragmented UDP traffic even if this option is disabled
  • Incompatibility between Cisco Anyconnect Mobile VPN and COMODO Firewall

Download Location

Comodo Internet Security

http://download.comodo.com/cis/download/installs/4000/standalone/cispremium_installer.exe
Size: 214M ( 224188624 )
MD5: a2ea26bb22947d7c23596dd18c09b579
SHA1: a3b5554db691a9ed728422244defb9afbecdcf8b

Comodo Antivirus

http://download.comodo.com/cis/download/installs/4000/standalone/cav_installer.exe
Size: 214M ( 224188616 )
MD5: ec5e786396f567c7b6609dd1456c0b74
SHA1: 45a9f2b83dc169c0eec5a7bf3c4348a438d7a840

Comodo Firewall

http://download.comodo.com/cis/download/installs/4000/standalone/cfw_installer.exe
Size: 214M ( 224188616 )
MD5: a304a912115960e7b22bd960c68d4464
SHA1: 75819920d4a86e46f76ebfdd05ac8654b2d11fa9

Thank you, downloading now.

nice to see it here.

when back home Ill uninstall my cis 7 and make a clean install of 8 final.

ill post my feedbacks about my problems with gui lags on v7, now on v8, if any… :slight_smile:

lets hope this to be a great one for my particular case :stuck_out_tongue: and for everybody else…

Does this new version offer the ability to export the Trusted Files List?

Will a backup of my v7.0 Trusted Files files work in this new version? I have a lot of saved Trusted Files that I don’t care to repopulate.

Downloading now. :-TU

CIS 8 the BEST ! :-TU

No it doesn’t have the ability to export the trusted files list, I believe that was a feature of CES that accidentally made its way into CIS beta, although I’m not sure of that. Either way, even if it had an export option it wouldn’t be very useful without an import button. :wink: Either way the answer is no, however I do knot know what happens if you update through the internal updater, when I updated from CIS 8 Beta to CIS 8 Final I can say that it retained the Trusted Files List however I can’t say if it will do the same from V7 to V8.

Can you please give a separete download links for x64 and x32 versions of CIS?

200+ MB is not small download if you have slow internet connection :a0

There is no such possibility at the moment. However, this feature is in the plans for next CIS release.

Good to hear :-TU :-TU

Congratulations! :-TU

Is file submission bug solved?

Hello everyone!

I could consider giving it a try ONLY if the Opera issue is eventually fixed. And since they haven’t been able to reproduce it, I doubt about it, so… :frowning:

Yes. Havent seen that problem with any of the betas

is this release has anew engine or no ?

No. They said it will be in one of 8.x versions.

In mid October I reported (twice) on the Beta Bug sub-forum a sandbox issue which sadly has continued in this build.

1). The sandbox was enabled.

2). A malicious file was constructed that when run would take a listing of all other files that exist in a specific directory (the Downloads directory for this test file) and delete them all.

3). When the parent malware is run it was isolated in the sandbox, but would spawn a payload daughter into (Virtual) temp. The payload would run as indicated above- all files in the original directory would be inventoried and deleted.

Note that this process is stopped by the Comodo 7 sandbox as well as Sandboxie and the Qihoo on-demand sandbox. As this file can be easily re-coded to delete files in other directories, it should no longer be ignored as inconsequential.

I cant download CIS 8, just get this error: Hostname lookup for “download.comodo.comhttp” failed

Hmm worked now when i tried with dragon… something with the opera browser

Can you please PM me with this file and steps to reproduce this?