Brand New Comodo Internet Security 10 Hotfix Version is Released !

Please create a wish report on the wishes board to add ‘do not sandbox again’ to Win 10 notifications

Fixed now I think… showing all .exes?

I had to roll back to CFW 10.0.0.6086 because the new release made it impossible to run most of my programs :-TD :-TD :-TD

The Unblock button does this now, it brings up a list of anything blocked so that you can stop it being sandboxed again.

yes but it also trust the file everywhere… so next timeyou run it, hips and fw won’t alert you…

It was sandboxed because CIS considered it untrusted. If you unblock it (to do what it wants), you trust it. If you are unsure of the program, then leave it blocked, or make separate rules for each module (AV, HIPS, Firewall, etc.)

To have back the usual sandbox notifications, is it possible to set cis.exe (in C:\Program Files\COMODO\COMODO Internet Security) to work in compatibility mode with Windows 7 ?

Sorry but I personally would not recommend this, as it could cause stability problems.

I use 10.0.0.6086. How can I update to latest version? I have to made clean install or can I use upgrade?
Why autoupdate does not work?

Could not update to the newest version , via the auto update and had to download the latest installer and upgrade to the newest version , which took some sweet time. after reboot all the settings I changed where gone! please look into this issue , because this is way beyond annoying >:(

Your previous configuration should be in Tasks > Advanced Tasks > Open Advanced Settings > Configuration then select your previous configuration, activate it then click OK. Mine was Comodo - Internet Security - 10.0.0.686. You may need to restart Cis for Gui to change.

Ones configuration should be maintained during the upgrade. I’m glad to see that the configuration is automatically backed up for us though. 8)

Can’t see ISE in my system after installing latest CIS 10. Should it be in the list of the installed programs?

I am very sorry you are having this problem, please report this as a bug.

I am very sorry you are having this problem. If ISE has been previously installed, but uninstalled in any way that leaves the critical registry key, it may not be re-installed. Please report as a bug detailing any prior removals of CIS 10 or ISE.

If you remove CIS completely and reinstall you should be able to get ISE again.

Kind regards

Mike

Hi Jon

Just to clarify, is that an additional problem to those you reported above, or caused by them?

Kind regards

not sure, it seems related with hips.
maybe it’s that hips bug that some users have experienced, but i hadn’t… the hotfix release let the bug happen on my system too instead of solve the problems for affected users :o

Seems likely if HIPS is on, thanks.

Hello,

I would like to ask and learn the differences between secure shopping and virtual desktop.

Which one is more secure to use?

I knew that comodo virtual desktop can also be securely used for internet banking etc. So, is new secure shopping better than virtual desktop?

You should use virtual desktop when what is to be kept safe is outside the secure environment (eg when running unrecognised files or visiting risky web sites), secure shopping when what is to be kept safe is within the secure environment (eg when doing banking)

So virtual desktop is like a jail, secure shopping is like a castle.

Kind regards

Mouse

Thank you for the answer.

So, in order to enhance my knowledge, let’s say we will run a stock trading platform. We can install it inside of the virtual desktop and use it, and the program is not even the program files of the main desktop.

On the other hand, we can install it to the computer, and we can just open it inside secure shopping. Even though the program is on the program files of the main computer, this is more secure way to use it instead of virtual desktop.

I hope I got it right