Bob, who accepted a Job to promote AVAST, is coming to our forums to bad mouth us - 2

Please share us the link or how many users does avast/norton has?

Thank you. We can see that a lot of people are also infected with av Comodo

If you ask me the question because you think otherwise right? To you offer me a link.

Not necessarily Xtrap. I know Comodo currently has 35M users (As per Melih). I just wanted to know the same with avast/norton.

Thanks,
Harsha.

? They general come here asking for help, because they have been using another product which has failed to protect them.

Hmmm… You post saying other companies offer support through forums and such, but Comodo does not. I supply you with a link to just what you asked, and now that’s a failing of Comodo? 88)

So I guess your logic is that in regards to other companies, these services are only there for people that got their machines infected before using that companies product? But with Comodo of course, these infections would have to happen while using CIS, correct?

The facts, plain and simple. No AV offers 100% protection. You can and possibly will get infected using any product.

Your humor is … strange! Comodo is a savior :wink:

It’s obvious security software free or paid can not fully protect a computer if the user is not itself responsible.

If it is fair to the doctor, i.e., if you pay the bill to him and does not “take” a prescription without paying. In other words, if justice is made, if any rights are infringed. Then, ok, I agree with you that you can tell your friends you’re doing good and you have just a flu :slight_smile:

I am no comodo fanboy I’ve used mcafee, norton, avast, nod & avira now cis full. Results in 1 yr term each mcafee 300+ infections, norton 10 horrible ones, avast few lots of fps, nod none, avira none & cis none. Why use cis? Doesn’t slow my pc like nod did & I wanted more than just avira. May I ask 1 question if I pay for an AV why when it fails should I pay the same company more money to clean up?

Nobody is saying the opposite. Just that it’s not fair what you said about avast development and their hard work to deliver a free and very good product to the users.

Thanks. Nobody likes fanboys except themselves :slight_smile:

Oh… I did my mistakes already. I’m not always with the truth. But, then, I have no problems on rectify, change my mind. I’d rather find the truth than to fight for my opinion (if it is wrong).

Please note we do not just discuss Comodo products on the Forum, all products are discussed and help is freely given for all.

Sorry I never said Comodo is a saviour.

I don’t think so. Take some independent tests and you’ll see they are a serious company.

Symantec does not release a free antivirus.

Well all i can say is i fix infected computers for a living and for over the past 7 years of doing it i have had to remove more malware, virus’s or whatever you want to call it (Some call it differnt stuff) from Norton and Mcafee protected machines than any others. Kaspersky well thats Kasperky i can say it is a good AV suite. However, in this economy as we all know its hard to come by $79.99. As far as Avast goes i have in the past had several personally bad experiences with it. But thats beside the point they do offer a free AV which i cant kick them for that. Right now i personally have 5 PC’s 4 using Comodo Internet Security Premium and one Using CIS Complete. Also I have well over 30 people using CIS Premium that everytime I see them out and about in the general public they always praise Comodo for protecting there PC unlike the paid suits they where using only because it was what the local department stores have. It took me ten mins per person after installing CIS to show them how to use it and its features. Even the novice of users i have installed CIS after some simple info on how to use it they have not had a issue. For me that says alot seeing it for myself first hand. :-TU

Thanks Comodo for such a great product, 
                                          Richard

+1

+1

Not all avast users think the same :slight_smile:
Neither Comodo ones of course :slight_smile:

Not a software is perfect.
You could browse a little the deep problems that brings with using Comodo Time Machine, for instance. Don’t read me bad. I’ve translated it and I hope it is kept free and get development. Right now, things aren’t this way. What I mean, after all, is that any software needs improvement and the forums will be a place to get help (and to improve the software). A very minor part of avast/Comodo users are present on forums. You read the ones with “problems” but the vast majority are happy free users :slight_smile:

A different model. CIS has advantages and cons. They’re not inactive. I won’t call Avira “inactive”, on contrary, it’s very proactive, for instance. AVG rates have improved a lot in last tests, for instance. They’re not inactive.

@ Xtrap

What changed your opinion of CIS since your previous post in English here:
https://forums.comodo.com/beta-corner-cis/poll-about-cis-v5-t60239.0.html;msg423231#msg423231

Everything I say here: https://forums.comodo.com/news-announcements-feedback-cis/bob-who-accepted-a-job-to-promote-avast-is-coming-to-our-forums-to-bad-mouth-us-2-t67144.0.html;msg473666#msg473666

And I think I have nothing more to add :slight_smile:

130 millions for avast. (I’ve incorrectly said 140 millions in other posts, sorry).

Sorry, can’t say about Symantec. I’m not sure they reveal this number.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Stop calling everyone on comodo forums fanboys. >:(

They watch the cash and pay little mind to the users. :smiley: (Symantec, I mean)