Bob, who accepted a Job to promote AVAST, is coming to our forums to bad mouth us - 2

so true!

but I doubt Bob will answer it :slight_smile:

Starting A New Career At Age 70: bob03160 — LiveJournal BTW: Bob how much is Avast paying you? And shame on you as a “Paid” employee/contractor of Avast from coming and making false accusations in our forums! Shame on you!

Better get your fact straight.

1. I don’t work for Avast.
  2. I’ve been a member on this forum since 2006 probably a lot longer than many of the fan boys who now hound any one who doesn’t agree with you.
  3. I’ve been a member here way longer than the start of my new career.
  4. My accusations are mine and happen to be the truth even if your closed mind doesn’t want to see it.
  5. Flaming a long standing member of this forum who doesn’t always agree with your loose interpretation of the facts is something I’ve seen often on here. Just not something I expect from someone who spouts to be a smart and educated man.
    Maybe once you get to be my age, you’ll learn what’s really important in life and it certainly isn’t trying to belittle a person who disagrees with you. :frowning:
    Have a great day. :slight_smile:

how much did this post cost Avast Bob? :slight_smile:

One thing I learnt in life, which is something I practice is to be honest, frank and open about Who I am and what I do. You haven’t I am afraid Bob.

Starting A New Career At Age 70: bob03160 — LiveJournal BTW: Bob how much is Avast paying you? And shame on you as a “Paid” employee/contractor of Avast from coming and making false accusations in our forums! Shame on you!

[attachment deleted by admin]

To use very elegant words written in this same thread by others than me, i don’t give a sh… about bob3160 using or not using a third party antivirus (and i am not using it myself) and i don’t either subscribe to whatever “flaming” or “trolling” harsh words, always easy for some people when quietly having a ■■■■ aside their keyboard.

I do not write any comment, laudative or pejorative, about Comodo anywhere on the Web, and i remind those of you not aware of it that the only positive or negative comments i wrote about Comodo were only made in these same forums, and that, despite what i can think of CIS cons and pros, i spent a lot of time as a “leading translator” for CIS, and i shall probably continue to do so: i have a lot more defaults than qualities, but i am everything but a troll.

This being said, some of the arguments raised by bob3160 make sense, and even if he would write them for wrong purposes, they still would.

CIS has made some real achievements, and i don’t think, Melih, that you shall make them look better if writing in this thread “banana’s republic” arguments, not even speaking of course of the usual zealots barking with the wolves without bringing any new argument to the debate.

Outside of the legal arguments existing or to come, my position, by the way, is that i don’t see the point for DACS: didn’t you say yourself, Melih, that anything relying on database antivirus was useless, not mattering if there’s one or ten databases? What’s the point of DACS in these conditions, and what’s the point of KillSwitch (nothing new…) or CCE if the dogm is, as it constantly has been, that curing makes no sense as CIS is supposed to be at a perfect prevention level?

CIS is still about keeping a clean pc clean, Killswitch with Dacs is for cleaning an infected system.
Comodo sigs are still there, but with reporting from multiple vendors, it gives you more information to hunt down infected files/malware so you can clean a pc no matter how hard infection is!
After cleaning, install CIS and again, keep clean pc clean. It’s actually a brilliant idea, if you look at it more thoroughly!

You are 100% right…The point of DACS is NOT to increase the protection that CIS offers but to quash the marketing gimmick that AV industry have created and perhaps act as a catalyst to get them to work together for the benefit of end users. Please understand, this is a move made for end users! If you only use a legacy AV, naturally adding DACS will protect you more. But if you are using CIS, DACS will not add any material security.

As GakunGak mentioned also, DACS might be useful when hunting for malware with CCE… Again not about “keeping a clean pc clean with CIS”…but help find malware in an infected PC.

Does having a tool that gives you access to all AV engines useful? If AV engines are useful then of course having access to them all are more useful than just one. The question of what use it is where you question Brucine. And its not about keeping a clean computer clean!

4. My accusations are mine and happen to be the truth even if your closed mind doesn't want to see it.

Stop with this relativist stuff, because it doesn’t belong here. You post here because you want others to believe you, and that’s fine. Let’s just all try to argue correctly and stay away from irrelevant stuff. I don’t care if you’re being paid by Avast or not. I care about what you have to say and how you respond to what other people have to say as well.

Maybe once you get to be my age, you'll learn what's really important in life and it certainly isn't trying to belittle a person who disagrees with you.

It comes out of frustration with your inability to make an argument and to have a discussion with others on this topic. I do have to admit there are some fanboys here who started flaming at you. But simply replying “Wow, I must have struck a nerve.” to Melih’s valid arguments is not acceptable to most people.

mod edit potentially offensive words removed.

I think people are getting the wrong impression of what DACS actually is, me included. Can you explain if DACS is supposed to be different from a service like VirusTotal? Or is it just meant to be P2P/instant VirusTotal?

Logical/sensible argument is NOT what their interests are or what they are paid for :slight_smile: They just want to shi* throw and not answer any argument/discussions…this is their modus operandi. He is not the first nor will he be the last “paid” blogger/evangalist/employee/contractor who will come and abuse our goodwill of running an Open forum where we don’t delete any anti-Comodo remarks unlike other forums.

Again Shame on you Bob!

To use your own arguments: prove it.
You’ve been your own self in all this “DACS” argument (yes, between dashes). Agressive, unresponsive, threatening, diatribe… I could go on.
I think that the likes of Norton, McAfee, Kaspersky and others (who have so much more money than you, have you thought about that?) are sharpening their knives.
There is a juicy legal battle on the works, and I’ll be glad to watch it from the Balcony. You deserve it.

I am sometimes a fox and sometimes a lion. The whole secret of government lies in knowing when to be the one or the other.
Napoleon Bonaparte

Its like Virus total in the way it gives you result. But the way it obtains is different.
Virustotal runs AVs in their servers. We don’t. We rely on the Volunteers computer. We simply facilitate passing the message from user to user, thats all.

Melih

…pls read the blog…the proof is all there written by Bob himself :slight_smile:

but just in case here are the relevant excerpts.

AVAST: Would you like to be the ambassadors for avast and do a job like this? Of
course we would pay the travel expenses and if it would get too out of hands
we would make it a official paid job too”

"BOB:My reply to them was a resounding “yes” and we started "

Melih

"BOB:My reply to them was a resounding "yes" and we started "
Started planning what it would take to make such a project something rewarding for the people I see and hopefully also for avast!. You are again assuming Melih and we all know what happens when we assume.

Bob:I’ll be starting my new career with a few presentations locally here in New Mexico next month.
I already have a full schedule for December in my neighboring state of Arizona.”

Bob: its a lot more credible to own up than to deny!

but it will add convenience ! , as instead of investigating this unknown piece of software that got automatically sandboxed by checking it on virus total and other AV’s …etc , It will be just detected and removed by DACS!. so u have to do nothing ! , just sit back and relax watching DACS doing all the investigation and cleaning process for u !. :-TU

so DACS = best detection in the world! + peace of mind , it’s just as simple as that.

it’s becoming irritating that some people can’t just figure out this simple fact!.

spot on 100%!

Ewen, many thanks, as always, for your explanation, clarity, patience, control, dedication.
I wish every Moderator of a forum behave like this. :-TU

Doesn’t this tell his agenda all along? I don’t have to explain my opinion. That’s ill intend.

What happens if VT was ever down??? ??? ??? ???

but it will add convenience ! , as instead of investigating this unknown piece of software that got automatically sandboxed by checking it on virus total and other AV's ...etc , It will be just detected and removed by DACS!. so u have to do nothing ! , just sit back and relax watching DACS doing all the investigation and cleaning process for u !. Thumb Up

so DACS = best detection in the world! + peace of mind , it’s just as simple as that.

it’s becoming irritating that some people can’t just figure out this simple fact!.

He accepted a Job offer from Avast as per his blog…and he has the audacity to come and shi* throw here. And now he has been called out and caught red handed!

Shame on you Bob!

this is split from the original topic to keep the original topic clean…