Bob, who accepted a Job to promote AVAST, is coming to our forums to bad mouth us - 2

i think the point he is trying to make is:

A doctor tells you that you have the flu…

now…whether paid or not…there is no law stopping you from telling your friends you have the “flu”…

The issue is Comodo offers much more than Avast and that for FREE! Avast firewall, sandbox and antispam is ONLY for paid users.

Please note Tech, my comments about fanboys were not directed to you. You are always very responsible when you post whether it is on the Avast forum or Comodo forum. If other Avast users were like you, there would have been no need to compare Avast and Comodo here.

The irony of bob trying to bad mouth comodo is that he actually recommends the firewall.

hahaha, sorry guys but i just have to laugh out loud xD

a guy comes here badmouth COMODO, which has the best detection to promote Avast? you kidding me? the times when avast was a good product have long past. nowadays it’s a ■■■■■■ piece of antiquated code.

hell, even my brother has an xp with avast and everytime he brings that usb to me he also brings at least 4 viruses with him :smiley: and that guy comes here to say COMODO is bad? xD excuse moi? :DDDDDDDDDDD

Please note that a lion share of Comodo’s income comes from issuing security certificates. Therefore they have the means to develop and make their products available for free.
The business model of other av vendors, like avast or symantec, is based on selling paid products in order to keep their heads above water. I bet that if Comodo was a typical security software vendor they wouldn’t be so altruistic.

Best regards

We can choose to keep the money we make!

So its irrelevant how we make money, we know how to share it. Other AV companies make more money than we do, are they sharing it with you?

Melih

you don’t have to respond to stuff like this, but i understand why you do. :slight_smile: if someone is different or somehow protrudes from the crowd they’re immediately a target.

the same i got in my signature applies to the situation of comodo and other security companies.

they “laugh” at comodo, coz it’s different, comodo laughs at them coz they are all the same xD

Whatever business model is being used, when we look at the good work that Comodo is doing, it is a shame that some avast Evangelist(experienced users on the Avast forum) called for a boycott of Comodo! One said that Comodo website should be banned and to me this is simply unacceptable!

Comodo provides one of the best firewall for free, so by not recommending Comodo just out of fanboism, it is end users that are losing.

very good saying…

True and thank you that you don’t. On a side note - is it “we” or “I”? 88)

I don’t think it is irrelevant. Let’s imagine the following situation: you (Comodo) decide to stop selling your certificates and services. Instead you begin to give them all away for free. How, in the world, would you make profit to support your growing userbase of free users?

Of course they don’t - just like any other company in the world they were founded to make profit. It’s logical.

Thanks

I couldn’t agree more :-TU

It is MY decision not to keep the money and invest in our users!

The point i am trying to make is: When we have money, we share. We have that altruistic gene in us. There are too many in the world who make money and keep it to themselves!

We are founded to make profit too. But we are finding ways to benefit everyone.

Melih

Thank you for that (:CLP).

Thank you for being part of it! Without our great community it would be meaningless.

Thank you!

Melih

All this is a joke right? Melih, I think you confuse your personality with that of someone like Gandhi, but finally you’re just a childish kind of guru in search of success.

I think your success is only because of your communication skills and your Fanboys. For the rest, I think that CIS is a bastard product, especially a false illusion and a poor development based on software failure since its inception.

Honestly, for a short time I really thought you had talent, but finally I made a mistake, you think only you and only you.

Thank you for reading. I apologize for my bad English.

PS: do not bother to give me some arguments, I took the time to write because I find that you exceed reasonable limits.

if it’s so bad, how come it does better than the rest?

i agree cis has bugs, but every software does. you speak of childish well ain’t that childish expecting everything always to work 100% while it’s still human-made?

Xtrap, please test CIS against malware and AIS, KIS, NOD32, NIS and many other. The winner will be CIS; communication between you, as end-user, and CIS, that is your digital bodyguard. CIS is not bug as you as it is.

Let me tell you something and also a piece of advice. Check for instance avast’s and norton’s forums. What will you see there? People ask for help because their paid and “bug free” Internet Security software didn’t protect them. I haven’t seen any member saying: CIS has infected me.

Lets take a real life example. Would you let your bodyguard take decisions instead of you? Of course no!

To make it short
CIS=your active digital bodyguard and you get for free… Others= Inactive free/paid bodyguards that takes and makes all your decisions and only stops that it knows it’s bad!

Regards,
Valentin N

Reminds me of someone who’s initials are C.D :stuck_out_tongue:

:-TU

Honestly, comodo has been protecting my pc for years, and i’ll admit there have been one or two rough patches along the way, but when isn’t there? Software improvements inevitably bring the odd bug or two, but the CIS devs have never brought into play, bugs that would brick my system http://vista.blorge.com/2010/12/04/avg-update-bricks-windows-7-pcs/

The important thing is, ive never “lost any ground” while using CIS and through the continuation of the development process, I beleive I never will. “Attacking” a great free product simply wreaks of desperation and reinforces my view that (insert other AV company name here) simply can’t compete technologically (or they can, but didn’t want to spend so much of the profit on innovation)

Also don’t understand why ppl need to curse on a public forum to get the opinion accross. It comes across as unprofessional and childish. honestly, how can an AV have biological parent(s) that it does not know?

1 / At what point Comodo Forum is the “Help / Virus Removal”? I’m looking I see nothing … If this section is not it logical that no information is known about it. Some publishers have the honesty to offer their free help (forum, no non-premium rate phone …) to disinfect a computer. with Comodo have to pay when buying the version “Comodo Internet Security Plus 2011” to get help to disinfect their PC.

2 / Contrary to what the fanboys think Comodo is much much much less used than Avast! or Norton (I quote your examples).

Virus/Malware Removal Assistance

Edit: Oh, and yes, Symantec will help you remove malware from your PC for the low, low price of $99.99.

[attachment deleted by admin]