Bob, who accepted a Job to promote AVAST, is coming to our forums to bad mouth us - 2

If you would have invested the time making this you would have had a new topic. Or is my reasoning flawed? ???

Sorry to Comodo and everyone else this concerns, this is just my opinion. Don’t get me wrong I love Comodo products. If Bob was after publicity he got it. Some on this Topic has turned things very personal, against one another, against other products and against Comodo products. As far as this Topic being in CIS section of the forum I think if at all it would have been better suited to the General discussion section. This is one of the most unprofessional Topics I have read on Comodo forums. I say their is only one winner with Topics of this nature and that is Bob, after all it is publicity. Please Note- These are just my opinions nothing more. Thanks

And Comodo?
Comodo is on VT last time I checked.
Bob is not a troll. Erick, sorry, but James is correct in my opinion. The way of reaction is the key for me.
[quote="wj32 post:222, topic:262845"] The critic must be destroyed if he is unable to reason effectively. Bob fits that criteria ;D.
  1. Bob made some accusations.
  2. Melih responded to Bob.
  3. Bob ignored Melih’s response and went on about irrelevant things.
  4. Bob loses.

:smiley:
[/quote]
His refusal to corroborate the accusation of stealing like IOBit did and his unwillingness to back up the claim that DACS steals pretty much tells it for me as I already posted here.

That is beyound having a difference opinion or unfortunate, emotive, debate strategy for me.

These are just my opinions nothing more.

Thank you, I will be sure to ignore everything you posted. ;D >:-D

I think it is one of the most honest. Is it a bad thing that people are expressing their views about Comodo products and people’s attitudes? I don’t think so.

Oh well I guess I failed, but hey I’m still happy not angry.

I’m just tired of seeing “these are just my opinions” statements here. Sure, it’s just being polite, but it’s a bit unnecessary. IMO. :wink:

Avast management has now deleted all the non-opinion based posts that contain FUD about Comodo from their forums. A few members, including Bob, regularly posted FUD to discourage members from using Comodo products. I am now Avast free on all of my five systems. Thank you, Comodo.

A former Avast AV user. (V)

Thank for informing us about this. That’s highly laudable. A big hand and thank you for the Avast management. :-TU O0

Bob is not a troll. I happen to agree with most of what he has said. I’m not sure if DACS is actually stealing but it is taking advantage of competitors efforts in an attempt to improve your own product. Virus Total has no product of their own to promote so comparing it to what DACS does is really not valid. To me, it’s almost like sending spies into other stores to see what their upcoming specials will be and then using that information to outdo them.

This is the first time I have ever seen a software vendor encourage people to use competitors products. It seems that there has to be more of an attempt to benefit by it corporately rather than for the good of the people. Make no mistake, this is being done to gain a competitive advantage, not to benefit mankind. Is the reason why Comodo doesn’t want any more volunteers that they’re afraid people will use the competitive offerings and decide they like them better?

I have always defended Comodo against unfounded accusations of shady dealings but I can’t find any way to defend the implementation of DACS. I have grown increasingly disenchanted with Comodo’s products and approach because of their overly aggressive and intrusive behaviors. This new offering just makes my skin crawl for some reason. It just doesn’t seem right and I see lawsuits in the offing.

Only got one thing to say… Comodo ROCKS!!! >:-D

Sure.

Good.

Agree.

Well, it’s your right to ignore he (them). It’s a way of writing for those who aren’t owners of the truth.

We separated Bob’s contributions here and the Avast management apparently deleted FUD by Bob and other about their competitor Comodo. What does that tell you? That was not a rhetorical.

I happen to agree with most of what he has said. I'm not sure if DACS is actually stealing but it is taking advantage of competitors efforts in an attempt to improve your own product. Virus Total has no product of their own to promote so comparing it to what DACS does is really not valid. To me, it's almost like sending spies into other stores to see what their upcoming specials will be and then using that information to outdo them.
VT has a product of their own to promote apparently. Even though cloud is providing av companies lot's of files to chew at, the av companies still seem to need VT. As a consequence VT still has stuff on offer; it's still "sexy'.

There is no spying. am just sending a file to my neighbours who then tells me what their scanners think. That is all that DACS does. This the second time you are making this comparison and again I don’t see any corroboration. There are no av definitions, removal strategies, underlying technology exchanged or reverse engineering going on with DACS. DACS is VT made easier.Sorta like the VirusTotal uploader extension for Firefox does.

This is the first time I have ever seen a software vendor encourage people to use competitors products.
There's a first time for everything.
It seems that there has to be more of an attempt to benefit by it corporately rather than for the good of the people. Make no mistake, this is being done to gain a competitive advantage, not to benefit mankind. Is the reason why Comodo doesn't want any more volunteers that they're afraid people will use the competitive offerings and decide they like them better?
It's called win/win situation. You scratch my back I scratch yours; sorta like business,isn't it?
I have always defended Comodo against unfounded accusations of shady dealings but I can't find any way to defend the implementation of DACS.
It brings VT to the user in a convenient way.
I have grown increasingly disenchanted with Comodo's products and approach because of their overly aggressive and intrusive behaviors.
Could you elaborate on this broad sweeping statement?
This new offering just makes my skin crawl for some reason. It just doesn't seem right and I see lawsuits in the offing.
Not sure whether the av companies may choose the legal approach. A pr/spin may be as effective here?

Anyway, Melih assured us he had the legal situation totally turned inside out because he does not want Comodo get a bad name. That seems plausible to me as the market place can be a rough place.

Thanks Erick. And, congratulations.
The braver (at the most valuable) is always the first that make a step toward reconciliation.

Sometimes things are not always as they seem even though there were several alarm bells ringing.

But when further inspection learns that things are likely different than the first impression then one should step forward and admit the mistake and give the new user the benefit of the doubt he deserves.

https://forums.comodo.com/report-comodo-forum-web-site-issues/what-do-i-think-about-comodo-t67243.0.html;msg474496#msg474496

Hint: changing this thread name is a step :slight_smile:

By the way, if anyone is interested on which is Bob’s kind of job.

I’m sorry, but after 10 pages of getting nowhere. I’M LOCKING this thread because BOB has no hard evidence to back up his claim (When I say evidence, I’m referring to proof that is accepted in COURT)

This is not going to get unlocked unless Bob has hard evidence against Comodo. (P.M. a mod with proof and this thread will reopen. I highly suspect there is no hard evidence otherwise it would have been posted already.

No, it’s because these people need to be in a position of extreme trust. A bad volunteer could poison the system with improper results.

Hi dch48,

Unfortunately, like a large number of people, you are completely missing one very, very important fundamental point.

The volunteers who run the end nodes ARE ALREADY USING legally procured and licensed non-Comodo products.

There is (at least) one volunteer using product X, (at least) one using product Y etc.

Perhaps a greater fear is that they will switch to CIS.

Ewen :slight_smile: