Bob, who accepted a Job to promote AVAST, is coming to our forums to bad mouth us - 2

Don’t worry…a change is happening in the AV industry…Legacy AV is dead…any change will cause emotions to flare up. There will always be people for and against change…

Someone’s Villian is another’s Hero…I am prepared to be the villian to all AntiVirus Vendors who are making $10B a year from consumers!

Time for a change! Time to protect the end users! Enough already with the ways of AV industry! BTW whether one likes it or not, AV industry is not about smaller players (in terms of $revenue) like Avast, Comodo, Avira and so on…its about Symantec and McAfee, they are the ones!

Melih

I have commented that post.

That quote “Melih is mentally ill” could get someone into big trouble if another party wished! I myself if I were that person would’ve asked Melih are you paranoid ? That said I am not clever enough to suggest either.

I can’t believe the statements they are making :slight_smile:

They think i said bad things about Bob? :slight_smile: lol…

Bob comes here attacks us…
We find out about Bob’s relationship with Avast and question him on that…
So we were supposed to just let a “paid ambassador of Avast” come here and bad mouth us and not even question him?

[i]PS: Here…read this…you can see Avast offering a job/contract to Bob and Bob is accepting to be their Ambassador (paid one…)

AVAST: “Would you like to be the ambassadors for avast and do a job like this?”

BOB: “My reply to them was a resounding “yes” and we started the preparation…”

Starting A New Career At Age 70: bob03160 — LiveJournal BTW: Bob how much is Avast paying you? And shame on you as a “Paid” employee/contractor of Avast from coming and making false accusations in our forums! Shame on you!

So a Paid “Ambassador” of Avast is coming to our forums and making false accusations.[/i]

He does not speak for avast Company or for avast forums.
avast does not send him here.
He is not avast ambassador.
Everything he posted here are his personal opinions.
He represents no one besides himself and, for that reason, he could post in open forums, be correct or make mistakes.
My 0.02 of my personal common sense.

I think what Melih is trying to say is that someone that avast is laying their trust in is going around bad mouthing another product because of the opposing product’s perfectly valid concepts.

Well, it will be a problem of who trust in Bob and who trust in others.
I think Bob does not have a PR or attorneys for each of his personal opinions.
Oh, I do not represent avast or Bob :slight_smile:

Once logic and reasoning stops, what else are you going to do? Resort to swearing and violence…

They can’t say CIS doesn’t stop more malware than any legacy AV…
They can’t say Comodo Firewall isn’t one of the best if not the best firewall…
They can’t say that beating Symantec in independent tests against malware was a bad thing…
They can’t say DACS isn’t a great idea to help end users…
They can’t say KillSwitch isn’t one heck of a cleaning tool…
They can’t say CCE isn’t going to make cleaning easy…
They can’t say giving 60 day of live support by techies for a free product isn’t good…
They can’t say Comodo SecureDNS stopping over 15Million malicious websites in December is a bad thing…
They can’t say Comodo Backup having more users than Acronis is a bad thing…
They can’t say Comodo System Cleaner isn’t a great tool to keep your computer at ship shape…
They can’t say and doing all of the above without charging the user a single Cent is a bad thing…

So what will they say?

Yep…guessed right…resort to profanity! …

Melih

I appreciate your reasoning…

here is mine:

[i]PS: Here…read this…you can see Avast offering a job/contract to Bob and Bob is accepting to be their Ambassador (paid one…)

AVAST: “Would you like to be the ambassadors for avast and do a job like this?”

BOB: “My reply to them was a resounding “yes” and we started the preparation…”

Starting A New Career At Age 70: bob03160 — LiveJournal BTW: Bob how much is Avast paying you? And shame on you as a “Paid” employee/contractor of Avast from coming and making false accusations in our forums! Shame on you!

So a Paid “Ambassador” of Avast is coming to our forums and making false accusations.[/i]

It is abundantly clear with his own words in his own blog that he said yes to the offer. He comes to this forum under the same handle as his blog and Avast forum. It is clearly stated his role is to be an “ambassador”.

None of this would have happened if Bob conducted himself professionaly befitting to Avast’s reputation. He instead chose to throw false accusation.

Melih

Melih you seem to have great belief in your products & users to which you defend both. You have an idea which others brand as ■■■■ but still believe & achieve. Any chance of you becoming manager of Liverpool FC?

ROFLM!

Now thats a thought :wink:

I’ve already read that. I know avast team. I know Bob.
Bob does not represent avast company or forums.
All posted here is just his personal opinions.
There are a lot of users posting here, Wilders and other forums questioning DACS legality.
I enjoy the technology, although I’m not a layer neither expert on software rights.

No, not really. It works giving seminaries of security and the protection that could be achieved by free products and, of course, avast. But he is not an employee and his activities aren’t all signed by avast. He acts by himself.
Oh, he is not crazy. Father of six children and married with Alice, a liver transplant survival.
He’s a good bro :slight_smile:

I do not defend Bob. Just can see people could argue and think different. Sometimes I get myself in trouble, here and at avast forum. Sometimes I take the side of Comodo and got bashed on avast forums. Sometimes I get bashed here. Here they say I’m an avast fanboy, there they say I’m a Comodo fanboy… It’s difficult to live only being a fanboy… ;D
I can live with the criticism. Trying to help and enjoy security technology :slight_smile:

The one who posted that has the avatar of Xtrap who was having a go here.

Logos seems to have a following in France for some reason.

his name on avast forum is dejavu. so Xtrap=dejavu

Thank you for your reasoning Tech, you always have been level headed :slight_smile:

But why did Bob come and make a false accusation that started the whole thing?

And you can confirm that he does have some sort of financial arrangement with Avast?

Melih

Yes, actually if you look at it…its only one sad human being behind all those swearing :slight_smile: but they are too clever for us as they masquerade themselves as different users…too clever…

My personal opinion is that this is a big misunderstanding from both parts.
I can see too much emotional posts involved.

1. I know Bob.
  2. I know avast team and how do they work.
  3. And avast team has already confirmed this in its forums.

So will Bob come and apologise for his misunderstanding?
I will be more than happy to apologise for my reaction to his misunderstanding.

Melih

Difficult to say.
My personal opinion is that, right now, he is a bit upset about the way he was bashed here. I was the same for other avast users when I try to discuss the default deny policy in avast forums. I think it would be a great thing to do, i.e., coming here and trying to explain what he thinks. But, wouldn’t it just start everything again?

Well, it won’t be bad for forums atmosphere. After all, we’re all fighting to achieve a clean environment, we’re all learning, we’re all trying to grow up. I myself like to learn how to act and taking this discussions to the professional field, they help me to be a better professional and a better person (I hope so).
I myself start bad discussions. I myself have to apologize to the ones who work for me and for whom I work to.

but you must appreciate a reaction is only “reactive”…eg…its reacting to something…Also you must understand I am personally upset for having Bob here calling us profanity and falsely accusing us. His unprofessional statements that caused it all…

Like I said, I am more than happy to apologise for my reaction…if he apologises for starting it by his false allegations.

You must appreciate…Bob started it all by making a false accusation! You understand that right Tech?