Announcement: COMODO Firewall Pro 3.0.11.246 RC1 Released [Closed]

I seriously think some chunk left from previous uninstalled version is getting in the “throat” of the newly installed one…
Maybe a new bug as well…, doesn’t happen for me though. (:AGY)

you can continue using CPF 2.4 until we support your OS..
thanks
Melih

So should i use still either Version 2.4 but Comodo 3 will not work on my machine? If it so wha? I have a supported Version of Windows (2003 sp2) not an unsupported and i have seen a few people tells me that comodo under Windows 2000 don’t works too anymore.

How many RC will there be, before the final version.?

EDIT: moved to feedback thread

https://forums.comodo.com/cfp_beta_corner/cfp_3011246_rc1_general_feedbackimpressions_not_for_bug_reports-t14513.0.html;msg100735#msg100735

Why does Training Mode add rules with widcard ? It gives a program too much power , that is dangerous .

[attachment deleted by admin]

I actually typed BBB during the key log test. The 1st 2 characters were blocked and then I got a keyboard alert typing the third B which got past even though I selected block. After that, everything gets through.

Al

yes, it blocks a bit

That depends on how many (major/obvious) bugs are remaining. Realistically, there will always be bugs in any software. CFP will have to reach the final some time. That’s not to say they won’t stop developing even after the final, but it’s more of the final phase of the team’s project. If we were to look at 2.4, there were 5 RC’s, but of course that was a different version.

Argh, I wish I didn’t have to use my only machine for production, so I could test more. Of course nothing stops me from installing this very RC, but it’s easier to just leave it… anyway, congratulations Comodo!

(:CLP)

LA

has it support for Core2Duo on Vista 64Bit ? ???

OMG… that was insanely fast! Compared to any release time interval beta 4 and RC1 have been very close together. …come to think of itit’s actually suspiciously fast. Oh what the heck? I’ll give it a go and see if I have any meaningful feedback to offer. :slight_smile:

It’s running smoothly for me on XP Home, 1GB RAM, Centrino 1.7 GHz. with NOD32 V3. No other security apps., but may re-install Comodo BOClean. What do you think?
Boots OK, shuts down OK.
I have to be honest there are options available about which I don’t have a clue, but as long as it gives good protection out of the box, that’s OK.
BTW - what’s the best setting for Defence +, after the initial learning period?

Clean PC mode is the best option if your PC is initially clean. Then you dont need to switch to any other mode as everything new will be authorized.

But say after 15 days of heavy using your computer, you can always switch to Train with safe mode too.

I personally keep it in Clean PC mode. Clean PC mode is no weaker than the other modes in terms of the protection strength.

E

I agree with Egemen

First of all Clean PC Mode is a Comodo Innovation (the way its implemented) and its a Patent Pending innovation… which means no other firewall can provide it (well… without infringing our patent that is :slight_smile: )

Clean PC Mode is a very clever, very effective, very quite and very secure way of enabling your HIPS for a clean machine and having very minimal alerts! Its a total innovation really and I have all my machines in that mode!

I would strongly recommend everyone to take advantage of this Patent Pending Comodo Innovation!

Melih

Wow, patent, that’s cool Melih! :slight_smile:

Really looking forward to get v 3 later.

/LA

Well, we now know that competitors will be hard pushed to match what we offer… cos they will be infringing our patents :slight_smile:

Melih

What exactly is RC1? Is this the actually program all done or is it still in testing?

Thank You

jwendt79: welcome to the forum. RC1 = Release Candidate version 1 = the last of the beta releases before the final version.

Thank you for the clarification. Can’t wait for the full release. I used this firewall on XP, now I have Vista 64 bit and I’m kinda weird when it comes to beta, I never use them. Any idea how long till the full version is available, love the product, keep up the good work!!!
Thank again :BNC

There will most likely be at least one more Release Candidate version before the final release, but you can click the link in Soya’s signature for information on upcoming Comodo Firewall 3 release dates.

Justin