I’m running Comodo backup 3.0.17317.130 and I am trying to backup files to an external drive. I am getting an error that says “An error occurred while setting the schedule. The schedule has not been set” every time I try to create or edit a backup. I have tried sync copy backup and also creating a incremental cbu backup file but each time I get the same error.
I searched online for this issue and found a previous post which discusses this error in version 2.0 but I’m using 3.0 and I’m running Windows 7 32-bit. I have been unable to make backups so any help on this topic would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
The logs don’t show anything unusual.
Please post a screenshot with the error you get when pressing “Save schedule”, so we can look at the settings you used for the schedule. Please also mention where you are trying to save the backup (local, network, ftp, or etc…)
Debug log is attached. Non Standard options? I’m not sure what you mean. I created my own profile to backup my user directory to an external USB drive. So, it is an “Incremental”, “Automatic Base”, “Files & Directories”, “C:\Users\xyz” and “Simple Copy”. The target is "Computer\D:\Comodo xyz". The profile runs manually with no errors. I don’t think I set anything else except for unsuccessfully trying to set a schedule.
The logs don’t contain any information from the time you got the error (2nd of April) because logs get overwritten to avoid using too much disk space.
Please reproduce the error again and then collect the logs.
Hi folks, I had the same problem with scheduling a shortcut in CB 220.127.116.11, so I tried the version posted in this thread (which I found out later was older 18.104.22.168). Running the older version allowed me to get past the schedule error, but the Shortcut disappeard (which is intended - but to me this seems a strange and inconvenient behavior) and the Schedule does not appear. So I’m left with no shortcut and no schedule. I checked Windows Task Scheduler, nothing in there for CB. This is a completely fresh install of CB, BTW. So, I reverted back to the original executable (22.214.171.124) and I get the same behavior: Setting the schedule does not error, shortcut is removed, and schedule is no where to be found. I’ve attached the debug logs of this behavior. Thanks!
Edit: Backup shortcuts are as follows:
Registry - Full - My Computer - Compress Max - Pwd On - Log to File - Email on Failure - All other options are default
Outlook - Full - My Computer - Compress Max - Pwd On - Log to File - Email on Failure - All other options are default