A suggestion on making COMODO have 2 different interfaces

Well if CIS 6 remains in its present state, I know what I will do : use CFW 5.10 with another AV

EAM 7 + CFW 5…what a combo! ;D

I know. I was only kidding.

1- Very basic
2- Basic
3- Advanced
4- Pro
5- Super Pro

LOL! ;D

You forgot ‘0 - No GUI’ (Not configurable) :wink:

LOL! My mistake… My mistake… That’s why we need people like you ;D :-TU

:-TU

I think------

Remove the drag & drop window & checkmark & use the space for quick access to Unrecognized Files, Sandboxed Processes, FW infos, CIS & database version, AV infos, Cloud info, etc… Make it flip, important infos in the front & others in the back.

Advanced Settings in the main GUI. No need of advanced settings in every modules.

+1 and also for Cloud status …

Perhaps something like this, but in no way do I think the interface needs a major redesign. I think it’s very good the way it is, it’s just that advanced users would like that sort of summary information to be easy to see. However, I can definitely see how the current GUI is very good for novices.

Therefore, I think the advanced settings should just have an option to get rid of the drag and drop scanner and display that information.

Other than that I think we just need to get used to the new interface. In terms of locating information I think we’ll get used to it (it just might take some time).

+1

Did you ever run HIPS in paranoid mode? The current version is like driving 200Km/h without dashboard and blindfolded, you have no clue what’s going on.

The current Summary GUI is fine if you use an ‘out-of-the-box’ approach. It’s just no good if you run HIPS paranoid & Firewall Custom, Very High.
Different users have different needs, but if you come from v5 and are a HIPS user your going back in time with v6 (un)usability.

I like this idea

Up to now the best UI – by ergonomic and easy tasks doing – was in Jetico Firewall (simple and clean table of rules) and in both ProSecurity (warnings shown in nice always-on-top large enough window with simple hotkeys w/o modifiers) and Malware Defender (rule creation right in the warning window allows not only edit rule completely but to quickly choose rule “hardeness” like “any adddress” or “this address and any port” etc.)

If we are going down memory lane, Sygate was nice, simple and informative too >:-D
Must say it’s a software i really miss :cry:

Here I agree:

Hmm then:
-2 for blond gals (no offense, ladies, you are first)
-1 for blond guys
0 - No GUI
1 - for users
2 - for mods
3 - for devs
4 - for hackers
5 - SE for trolls (let them tweak their comps and as a result disappear)

I think that there is no need for two interfaces/modes in gui for cis 6.

The thing is to have the actual gui more usable.

When the user click on option, he will see all the options inside cis6. So, if the user is a simples user who just want cis to be working, he will never need to click there. Just install cis6 and he is ready to go. But if the user wants to play with the options inside cis6, i guess he needs a more consistent and usable interface.

That effects for pagination in the main fui are an exemple. There is no need for that. That just makes cis gui cosumes more ram…

Just leave the GUI as it is/was in v5.10, I think it’s better than the new one.

They have to change they cannot stay at the same GUI as before …

Yeah! It’s very, very unfashionable! It’s real square! It’s out of thrends!

But can U give any other (and preferably smart) reason? Did U hear words like “ergonomic” or “usability”? :wink:

But it’s preferably to go in the direction of higher usability. However I like CIS I must admit the new GUI must be more user friendly.

Or maybe it is designed so entangled just to prevent inexperienced uses from tweaking it? Malware prevention is boosted by ‘lazy user’ prevention?