3 million new users every month!!!!

Where can I know ? is it download number ? or really user of CIS ?

actual users…
downloads is hundreds of millions…

good for Comodo, then How many of them are paid, Melih ? Can we know this info ? ;D

Out of pure curiosity, how do you know it’s actual users? I mean, how do you determine that, what ‘techniques’ are you using? etc… I am a very curious kitty. :wink:

Maybe they track IP addresses during database updates.

+1

Hmm, in that case I would count as quite a few people since I use a VPN, perhaps each installation of CIS has a unique ID that gets shared during database updates? Would seem to be more accurate than IP. Speculations ;D

I believe it’s because every installation requires a registration key. With the Premium version, if you aren’t paying attention during installation, you’ll miss this part because no user input is required. It just says something like, acquiring free license…

Would that really be accurate though? Does it also remove such a license when uninstalling? etc.

I have no idea how accurate this info would be. I for example, do a lot of test installations, so I could potentially count as quite a few users. :wink:

Exactly, if Comodo has found a way to accurately determine the users, I am very interested because I can’t see a way of doing so. :slight_smile:

I dont think you can ever be 100% accurate with usage figures but just with downloads.But comodo does call home whether you allow cloud functions or not so some form of cloud tracking is in place.

Avast claim 180 million users although i dont think that figure is accurate by any means and is simply a selling tactic to make the product seem very popular when in fact the figures are probably based on email registrations.

Indeed, however I’d prefer a system that isn’t optimistic, for example a system only based on people activating would be rather optimistic as if you install it twice then you’d count as two persons and hence we’d believe there are more users than there are. However if we change the question from “how many users” to “how many active installations” then it’d make more sense but it wouldn’t take account for the people uninstalling, so here we could instead see how many clients are actively updating and from that we see a minimum amount of active installations with the only possibility for there to be more (clients on disconnected computers)

I don’t know, my head hurts…

If CIS has 50 million users then I think 180 million isn’t so unbelievable for Avast. When I see threads that wants recommendation for new security systems on other forums, the majority recommends Avast and then a tiny few recommend CIS, but perhaps that’s just the situation in Sweden. shrugs
Either way from my experience the numbers don’t seem so weird in comparison to the CIS numbers, however the accuracy of these can of course be debated.

I wonder how much people would join if version <5 (design) had got the new functions.

Let me calculate:
1 mio + 3 mio = 4 mio
:smiley:

Also an important figure: How many people stay after joining?
If you have still ~50 mio while 3 million join each month… Wasnt that number met by older versions allready?

I would say the numbers of new users would be lower, not higher. The older versions just looked too daunting to many people and even the reviews used to recommend CIS only for more advanced users. That is no longer the case with v6. It can now be attractive to everyone.

Everyone?

The new version “looks” daunting for some who used the old versions instead. What a paradox.

If a review recommends a normal program for advanced users they usually mean people who click buttons while knowing what they do. Comodo does more on its own now. Thats the change. There was no need to change a well organized single window tab interface, and replace it with rows of rows.

The main screen has a button in the upper left corner to change to a more advanced interface allowing one click access to advanced settings advanced users so often use.

If a review recommends a normal program for advanced users they usually mean people who click buttons while knowing what they do. Comodo does more on its own now. Thats the change.
Not a bad thing since it is Melih's vision to provide free security for all.
There was no need to change a well organized single window tab interface, and replace it with rows of rows.
With the added advanced main section in the UI an important grieve from advanced users was taken away.

Dch48 and clockwork. Please stop the off topic about the UI. There are numerous topics and posts about this in other topics where the both of have already have abundantly participated.

congrats COMODO

just wanted to say that everyone I know, at school, family "mind you it’s a very large family "club, are using comodo or at least getting to know it ,

here’s something cute, back acouple years ago a friend of mine who had a site wanted to upload something into the site via FTP, comdo found a virus, the guy thought that he was too sure the file was safe being presented to him by a company he trusts and hosts the site, against me warnings, he deleted comodo and uploaded the file , this file through my friend got up and running into 4 more sites that all got infected that all sites were shutdown from the host, he started again the forums , got his members back and they were all introduced to COMODO .

:slight_smile:

Thank you for sharing security with friends and family!