3.8 such a disaster than I may be forced to abandon CIS [CLOSED]

Guess you have some inner hate to work on, as your reason to post here is purely to flame. whatever I will not hijack this thread about this anymore. whatever.

Huh you say I have not answered a question when I have asked you what it is you can’t answer! Run away! (:WAV)

Amen!

!ot! (whole post sorry, just skip =) !ot!

You just had to go the extra mile…

Its really not my job to reprovide you with this data, but fine, since Iam curious. :a0 :a0

I asked what is the best then? please tell me what suite or combo offers better protection than CIS? Since you seems to claim that comodo is not top notch… or were you only talking about the AV…? Also i gave you a wake up by giving you the correct facts, people in this forum don’t think Comodos AV is the best… At least majority in here don’t believe so… So you can stop with your fanboy accusations…

EDIT:: link to orginal post: https://forums.comodo.com/feedbackcommentsannouncementsnews_cis/38_such_a_disaster_than_i_may_be_forced_to_abandon_cis-t35857.0.html;msg255115#msg255115

hmm, I’m not getting any false positives and I have heuristics turned on…
With Avira I usually get more false positives so i don’t think that CIS got worst.

Lol, did a scan on one of my computers… 23 “baddies” Found… have not scanned it since 3.5, hope they are not FPs…

Have to look into this further maby they are all viruses but if not then this seems like a serious problem even to me… =/

I do like comodo if I did not I would not use it’s software but when things go or are wrong I have as much right no more no less to voice my disappointment. Well as for me going the extra mile who started this me or you? I just ended it. Oh my gosh right the quote I quoted said “But hey, you all live in a wonderland where Comodo is the best there is.” So I said not this sheep mate meaning I don’t live in a wonderland where I think Comodo is the best there is. Now you asked what is now there are other free software tho it’s personal choice to if you do or don’t think it is better or worse.

You can prove a positive from experience, but not a negative.

Unlike you, I’m getting way more false positives with the current version of CIS than with Avira.

That doesn’t mean everyone will, and it doesn’t mean CIS is better or worse than Avira – it just means CIS does have a false positive problem, even though you’re lucky enough not to experience it.

John

Monkey Boy and Patrice58 - sort things out using PM’s. Thank you for your understanding :slight_smile:

True. What you don’t have a right to do is to post insulting comments (“live in a wonderland where Comodo is the best there is”) about those with different opinions. Even the “sheep” comment is likely to be seen as insulting. Stick to your own opinions, and have respect for differing opinions.

John

p.s. My apologies to all for posting this off-topic response. I tried private messaging, but that didn’t work.

First of all I did not post “live in a wonderland where Comodo is the best there is” I quoted it from somebody else that posted it and as for me not being a sheep I am not, so I said so. As for the PM not working all you said was can you remove the post to which I asked you why and I added as soon as you answered why I would remove the message. Did you say why? No. Did I remove the post? No. Sorry all for the !ot!

That was my comment which is by far not an insulting one. It’s a reality.

If you wanna laugh he has reported my last post to the mods what for I have no idea!

Probably when CIS 4.0 is release the AV will be up to par.

Hi John, nice thread. I went back to v3.5 over a week ago and every time I boot, Comodo let’s me know there are updates and I just close the little window and it hasn’t updated yet.
Tom

Edit: I am only using the firewall. With the AV it might be different.

P.S. Monkey Boy and patrice58, please just stop. What you do does not help anyone.

I would try turning Heuristic level to off on all the tabs (realtime, manual and scheduled). All the FP’s that I get have been when the heuristic setting was on. Didn’t matter (Low, high etc.)

Ice

I live in a wonderland and it’s called Sandboxie. I use CIS as the compliment security backup. But seriously, the AV is not that bad. Yes the heuristics need work etc. etc. You can always install CIS and disable the realtime engine in the AV and use your favorite AV, like Avast or Avira etc.

Ice

There’s little doubt that the AV component still has a long way to go before it can be mentioned in the same breath as the likes of Avira,CIMA should hopefully raise the heuristics bar to an acceptable level.To be fair Melih said 12 months so he should be allowed that time before judgement is made.In the meantime I’m sticking with the tried and trusted CPF + Avira combo on all my client’s systems.

I can name alot of companies that have I have thought had good quality products and then made a slip but realized it and worked back from it so I think it happens to most companies at one time or another they think they have got things just so right and release there product I say product because this has happened to other companies not just software companies where they test as much as they think they have needed to and then put out the product on the market and then fined out that they have messed up in spots but also now in retrospect Comodo has the largest consumer base that they have ever had now I don’t speak this from knowing the real numbers just from knowing that popularity seams to keep growing and with this larger consumer base there is also the potential to have more bugs because every different computer has just a little different configuration and so with more configurations and more bugs because of this it takes more time to work this all out but with saying this also I think they have been doing a better job at this things then I have seen many companies and I don’t know a firewall that encompasses as many things as theres does so

Edited: where I was going with this is that some have said about the quality of Comodo with the release 3.8 and I am trying to say that when some people have got up in arms and maybe worried about how things are right now with this release I am trying to say that yes its maybe kind of sad that it has happened to Comodo but I am saying that we shouldn’t get worried about it there going to get things worked out I am sure we just must give them time and not get all up in arms about this if you know what I mean

I agree. Also it think competition for customers has something to do with it. It’s always “bigger, better, faster, more”. When you do that there is more stuff that can go wrong with the bells and whistles. Slow and steady will win this race.
Yes !ot!

Tom