3.8 such a disaster than I may be forced to abandon CIS [CLOSED]

hello john,

u got probs with the AV only or also with the FW and the defense+ ?
u know this AV is very new, it needs a lot of time to work as good as the FW and Defense+.
for my part, i still use comodo FW and Defense+ but i never installed the AV.
what i want from comodo is their FW and this great tool Defense+ that can do so more than any scanner by analyzing the all file activity and with the alerts, u’re informed about the file intentions, if it’s a malware, the alerts will clearly show that the file wants to break into the system and take control over it, so the user has to chose the right decision if there’s any doubt and block the file from loading into the ram and doing its job and take control over your machine.
Defense+ saved me lot of times as my scanner didnt know the file i dled from places u know u’ll always find thousands malwares, P2P networks,
so my scanner fails, i can decide to trust it but noway, i send it to virustotal and then i see that some scanners found something.
so i put Defense+ in paranoid mode and launch the file and then comes an alert that means all, yes it’s a malware, it asks for things to break into the system and take control over it.

are u going to stop using the all comodo product ? or just the AV ?
remember, comodo was a FW before, now comodo people work on adding a scanner and it’s very young,
but for me the comodo FW is still the best product and that’ what i want from comodo.
i like to have a FW and an AV that are separated.
each prog is doing his job, i dont like the all in one security progs,
first : FWs in all in one security progs are bad, they cannot be compared to the comodo FW,
for me the FW is very important cause i want to know and control all that happens and comodo FW with defense+ are able to do that.
now about the scanner, some people say it works, others dont like it,
in my case there’s no really scanner i like, they all showed they were not able to protect a system cause they’re not able to detect so many malwares,
those days i’m trying lot of scanners but they’re all the same with so many false/pos or not able to detect things,

are u going to uninstall the all comodo product cause of the scanner that is not mature yet ?
dont u think comodo FW is very good with the defense+ ? for me there’s nothing better for windows.
now as scanner u have choices,
but i wonder wich FW u would chose to replace the comodo one cause for me it has no competitor as good.

if u’re looking for free scanner i think avira is not a bad choice,
and it works fine with comodo FW.
i like comodo as a FW, for me it’s the number one, but as AV, i dont know, it’s not what i want from this prog,
that’s why i never used it,
as a new tool integrated to comodo FW, it will be sure that people would face probs, they’ll be fixed but i cant be done in 5 min.
if u want a scanner as good as the FW and the Defense+, it will need more time.

were u using comodo when it was just a FW ? or u started using with the scanner ?
if u were using the FW, u can see that it goes better and better,
if not, dont think that the FW and Defense+ are like the scanner,
this FW is the best protection u can get,
ok maybe the scanner needs improvments but i dont care cause the most important for me is the FW with the D+.
if u know a little about computers u know that D+ is far better than any scanner but the user needs to answer the alerts the right way. no scanner is able to do better and their kind of HIPS are a joke compared to D+.

John has deleted his own account. The thread stops here, and so do the fights. This thread has reached the end of its purpose, I will now close this thread.

Cheers,
Josh