3.8 such a disaster than I may be forced to abandon CIS [CLOSED]

Unfortunately, whitelisting won’t really solve the False Positive problem, because it’s essentially infinite – there will always be a stream of new things that can only be whitelisted after the fact. Case in point is the Internet Explorer cache problem I documented today, for which the only apparent work-around is a global exclusion rule. The only real solution is smarter anti-virus.

John

Fair enough, but that doesn’t explain why and how it got worse, rather than better.

John

Nah if he said good I would of agreed but he said the best ha ha ha ha…Clock is ticking! I would not enter the AV into any AV grading site as it would get ripped to shreds because of it’s FP’s issues.

I guess that would be caused by the “heuristics” engine and the implementation of it…

Post of the year!

Well I guess the fixed heuristics needs to be unfixed changed and then thrown in the bin!

One of the best… Was his words if I remember correctly. =) not “The best”. Or something like “one of the best if not the best”, don’t have the time to search it. =) but it was not “the best” he said…

But hey, you all live in a wonderland where Comodo is the best there is

Not this sheep mate!

What is the best then?

Noone on this forum belives the AV to be the best as it is now…

In the meantime, I wish there were a practical way to fall back to the prior version!

John

I think he also said make space for us at number 1 as we our coming or something like that.

Please stay on topic, cos this will turn into flames very quickly :-\

Set Heuristics level to OFF. This should disable useless packer detection.

http://www.download.com/Comodo-Internet-Security/3000-10435_4-10907274.html that is 439

patrice58, you avoided the question… I think I know why… And stop flaming the community of comodo, its really childish, and its nothing wrong with someone who likes Comodo or CIS or any of comodos products.

(:AGY) (:AGY)

Comodo - The best protection out there!

:ilovecomodo: :comodo110:

Lol it should but there are some users on here that even tho they turned it off it still flags things up.

What question did I avoid answering? As for everything else you have said hmmmmmm yeah…Whatever!

Thanks, but as I said earlier in this thread, that solves only part of the problem while reducing protection. I’ve thought this through carefully, and I’m quite serious about the Subject.

John

Well, technically speaking you lose just the same protection as going back to an older version.
If it’s still flagging files even when set to OFF, then Comodo seriously needs a better QA…

Installing an earlier version won’t solve the problem because it will immediately update itself to the latest version.

It’s not the same – the current version has to be seriously crippled to work around the problem.

That would seem to be patently obvious.

John