3.0.24.368: Tray Animation Inversely Shows Green & Red Arrows

I know this topic must already exist from long ago and all of you must already know… but i just want to know why has this issue still not been fixed in an otherwise perfect firewall and even after numerous updated versions??

The arrows representing the data transfer on the cfp notification area icon are inverted… the green up arrows representing data coming into the system and the red downward arrows representing the data going out…

Why does this strange anomaly persist?? :THNK

Dont know what your talking about Starry. Workls fine for me but I dont use it so I re enabled it to try it. When I open up a page the red arrow is no the left going down showing incoming traffic. Then the green arrow on the right shows outbounds going up. Works just fine and thats how its suppose to work. Takin from the help file.

Show the traffic animation in tray - By default, the application’s ‘Shield’ tray icon displays a small animation whenever traffic moves to or from your computer.

If the traffic is outbound, you will see green arrows moving upwards on the right hand side of the shield. Similarly, for inbound traffic you will see red arrows moving down the left hand side. This provides a very useful indicator of the real-time movement of data in and out of your computer. Uncheck this box If you would rather not see this animation.

Thanks for the re Vettetech… but i don’t think thats the case… have a look, i’ve attached a screenshot where i am downloading a file to my computer but only the green upwards arrows are there.

[attachment deleted by admin]

And the arrows stayed that way for the length of the download.

Gotta be something on your pc cause I just checked my laptop and all is fine. 2 pc’s and both are working fine. Are you using any Windowblinds themes? Do you have the latest .NETFramework? Have you tried new video card drivers? Its no t a fault with Comodo cause this has never been posted before. When I open up a web page or anything the red arrows go down and the green go up.

Check this out https://forums.comodo.com/bug_reports/inverted_tray_icon_arrows_perfectdisk_80_incompatibility-t20800.0.html;msg143060#msg143060

No windows blinds or anything… .net 2.0 sp1, xp sp3, updated drivers…

The green arrows are representing download traffic and the red upload.

Dont know what else to tell you. You seem to be the only one with this problem. Send a bug report. Are you sure your looking at it correctly.

Same here, Green for download and Red for upload (or request packet).

But the anomaly of Green going in an upward direction I have always found strange, after using ZoneAlarm in the past which goes in a downward direction for download.

Mike

Here is your proof Starry. Traffic monitor works as designed.

^^^^ But from this u can’t tell what its representing… U should download something of the net and then see which arrows are representing what… As for the only me having the problem MikeG also has stated the same

and i have also provided a link to an older post with the same problem being reported.

Think you have misunderstood my post Starry; The arrows represent the colours correctly; Green for download and Red for upload, but they just go in the wrong direction logically. Thought Green going down for download and Red going up for upload would have been the logical thing to do when designing the logo. However you soon get used to it. It’s just that ZoneAlarm used to go the correct logical way.
MikeG

Edit: looking at your opening post again Starry I think this is what you were saying; but the thread seems to have thrown up an anomaly as to which colour represents upload and which represents download. Vettetech seems to indicate that he is getting the colours the other way around.; which is very confusing now.

Edit: Just checked the help file for CFP and it quotes…
If the traffic is outbound, you will see green arrows moving upwards on the right hand side of the shield. Similarly, for inbound traffic you will see red arrows moving down the left hand side. This provides a very useful indicator of the real-time movement of data in and out of your computer. Uncheck this box If you would rather not see this animation.
This appears to be the other way around for me. When I request a page I see an amount of data being sent (Red arrow going down) and an amount of data being received (Green arrow going up). Is totally confused now. Am I reading this icon totally wrong?

Just to confirm what Mike says here are the shots.

I can agree with most off the above posts.

Don’t red & green arrows need to be present when downloading a file?

Josh

You can turn of this function via Miscellaneous/Settings/General

Matty

ps I think(not 100% sure) that in 2.x this was the other way round colour wise.

That screen shot I posted was when I was downloading a file but I specifically only grabbed the icon in my shot since Starry says it never goes down. I have 2 pc’s both wit the same set up. Both of them show the same traffic meter as explained by Comodo. I posted it in my reply(# 1). I copoed and pasted that from the help file. Then MikeG posted the same quote. When I download a file I get red arrows going down on the left. When I upload a file I get green arrows going up in the right.

Red Arrows on Left = inbound
Green Arrows on Right = outbound

PS. I honestly don’t understand what Starry is seeing. Am I missing something? I also shut off the traffic meter cause I don’t care for it but for this post I turned it on.

Thats a lot of posts!! :SMLR

My problem :

Red arrows showing outbound traffic
Green arrows showing inbound traffic.

Green arrows go in an upward direction hence they should show outbound traffic(as stated in the help file) but they do NOT. Can i be any more clear??

Please post any doubts, if you have any. (:SAD)

And whenever i upload a file somewhere the RED arrows flash consistently.

Well its definitely something on your end. I am at work and my work pc works like it should. Have you tried doing a COMPLETE uninstall and reinstall. Delete all files and folders left over also. There are hidden files in Documents and Settings.

Yup… many times… ever since i have installed cfp on my comp (thats around when the .309 version came out) i have noticed this problem…

And i have encountered one more problem (not excatly a prob) but an error in the gui ever since i upgraded to .368… attached the screen… only corrected when i hover with the mouse on the link.