3.0.24.368: Tray Animation Inversely Shows Green & Red Arrows

GUI bug has been reported already. Are you on Vista?

I honestly don’t know what to say Starry. I have 3 pc’s running Comodo and XP SP3 with no troubles at all. When is the last time you reformatted? When I asked about doing a complete uninstall did you. I mean Complete. Is everything on your pc up to date? Are you using any special skins or did you do the uxtheme patch?

Like V, I don’t use the tray animation (sadly because it’s not as real-time accurate as Kerio fw I used in the past).

However, I am experience the exact same as Starry. Did I save you from a reformat attempt? ;D

http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/ → During the download speed test, both appear, but more so on the green arrows pointing up. During the upload speed test, I see more of the red arrows point down. This shouldn’t be the case and will definitely confuse users.

No patch of any sort… this is a microsoft signed theme… everything up to date… i’m on xp sp3… Yes i did a complete uninstall just yesterday… the format was sometime late last year though…

Finally some support…!! No soya i wasn’t gonna reformat just cause of this issue! :SMLR I wait until the pc is completely unusable! Which is quite rare now with sp3 and all updates from microsoft… and avira and comodo of course! In fact no virus has ever infected me since last july!!! :BNC

Sorry Starry but I actually don’t care for that feature. It doesn’t mean a thing. I hated that in ZAP you couldn’t turn it off. Atleast Comodo allows you to stop the tray animation.

After close scrutiny of my downloading, I find also that StarryKnight is not dreaming!! ;D

My downloads are green going up. The fact that I never noticed it before shows how important it is to me.

John

I’ve got it too under Vista SP1. Captured a speed test during the upload phase, with DU Meter showing the green upload traffic as expected, CFP3 showing red! red! red! . Good thing I don’t pay attention to the icon. :slight_smile:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Odd JJ. 3 pc’s I checked all working fine. I will try a speed test when I get home.

Try running http://lax.speedtest.dslextreme.com/speed_web100.php and see what you get. Second phase will probably show up as red + green because the tcp return traffic rate is high enough for triggering the icon. But is the first phase red or green for you? It is a pure upload test. I showed you mine. (:KWL)

I can’t help going into the details of stuff… kind of a perfectionist u can say… anything out of place just messes me up… sometimes it sux but i can safely say its gud to be like this… :■■■■

So any idea when will the developers take notice?? Please fix it guys!

Send it to bug reports and in the mean time stop the tray animation. LOL.

Sded, Just tried your site for a test and it was a little inconclusive. However a test on Speedtest.net clearly indicated red arrors on the upload test. Thinks I was not dreaming after all. Could it possibly be a problem or anomaly caused by individual configurations or modems, routers, etc.?
Mike.

Same results on Speedtest.net for me.

John

Well that’s at least three of us then.

Perhaps some of the Moderators will give it a try on Speedtest.net?

Mike.

No, that’s at least 5 so far: Starry, me, John, you, Ed

How to send in the bug report??

You could point them to this thread.

Don’t worry. I moved us to the Bug Reports board.

The official way would either be this or file a ticket [at-bypass] http://support.comodo.com

I wud have disabled the animation if it weren’t for my stupid internet connection which wud abruptly give up now and then… the animation shows me whether its working and when its not (cause i use BitTorrent) and don’t want to open the application working online again and again to check if its working or not… I have also got bitmeter but i just hate many applications in the notification area…
u might have noticed there are only two icons there in the screenshot (one of windows search is hidden).

I have also sent in the ticket to support with the details and the link to this topic. :■■■■

Thanks guys but it shud not be so hard to convince u people here… i had to spend almost two hours on this site just to make u guys believe i wasn’t dreaming stuff. (:AGY)