2 internets.......

Internet is full of content…

1)One that WebsIte OWNers create…

the other

2)One that end users create…

1)One that Webs[b]I[/b]te [b]OWN[/b]ers create...

Stop that… >:( or tell us what do you mean.

( ;D)

There is a new internet emerging…
An amazing information surge…all created by users…
amongst that information surge…your everyday conversations over facebook…your emails via gmail…and many more of your details…

You do NOT control it…
You can NOT revoke it…
You can NOT modify it…
You can NOT manage it…
Sometimes…you do NOT even own it!!!and yes we are talking about YOUR CONTENT!!!

I think its about time we

EMPOWER OUR USERS…to

1)Own their own content
2)Control and manage their own content
3)Revoke their content (if they wanted to)…(you don’t like what you have written 2 years ago…press a button…pufff…gone…)
4)Apply policies to your own content…

its time to EMPOWER our USERs!

I say ENOUGH to large organisations who erode your privacy every day…
I say ENOUGH to many organisations who obtain your data without your consent and sell it on
I say ENOUGH to eroding your Privacy…

And I say think again to people who say “this is internet, there is no privacy”…!

IOWN is coming…Comodo has innovated yet again…

Melih

That sound to good to be true.
I’m sorry to say that, but we had heard big words like these about DACS few years ago - I hope (really) hope that this new project will be successful and will last much, much longer!

When will we be able to see this upcoming revolution in Internet privacy? ;D

Preventing Malware was also too good to be true 6-7 years ago…but we did it…

Where there is a will there is a way…

Lets just wait and see…then we continue…I only revealed it because you asked…

GREAT NEWS.

Many queries are popping in my mind…but will wait for the release.

Just like naren, waiting for the release…

Like the above comments state. 88)

Could you please tease us some more? :smiley: 8)

Sorry for my ignorance… are we talking a virtualized internet? :embarassed:

I don’t even see or understand how could this be possible. Internet is about “sharing” anyway.
How can you “puff” something you already shared?

I don’t think it will be possible to achieve total privacy. Simply because the Governments won’t allow it. In this day and age, sadly, it is a fact that allowing total privacy in any form of communication is a very dangerous thing. The more complete privacy protection becomes, the more the people who have the most to hide will use it. We can certainly improve things like reducing targeted advertising and spam email but achieving total privacy? I don’t think it will be possible or even desirable.

+1

I’m skeptical, but then again we’ve only gotten to take part of an idea and not a project yet so… we’ll have to see. And the “pufff…gone…” how would that work? Content often stays alive on the Internet because someone copied the original, have are you going to take the copy down? I hope it doesn’t have to do with copyright, it has enough power on the Internet already, we don’t need to give it full control.

I am surely not in favor of giving big amounts of certain freedoms to catch a small group. Total privacy may not be feasible but the sacrifice currently at stake is more than a few stops too far. It is time that civilians speak out loudly to their politicians and demand for improved legislation.

We can certainly improve things like reducing targeted advertising and spam email but achieving total privacy? I don't think it will be possible or even desirable.
You are putting the bar too low here.

Its all about empowering our end users…

Its all about giving the choice and ability to protect yourself…

Its all about making available some choices that companies have to our users plus more…

lets just wait for the product…we hope to have something to play with as an alpha version in December…

One of the worst things I have encountered is when you want to leave a site etc… that you have had to create an account to use, then you find you cannot delete account when you wish to leave and never use again, they refuse to delete the account when contacted, add insult to injury there’s no way to prevent them spamming you except to set up a filter to delete them, is ridiculous situation when they can create accounts in a second but wont delete them in a second >:(

Through with a virtual world that is refusing to delete an account and is sending me spam I have hit on an idea of changing the email address in the account to one of there’s…lol…I think it be a nice symmetry for them to spam themselves ;D

I agree on the account deletion thing, I even think the Comodo forum is one of those sites that doesn’t delete accounts (if I remember correctly, mods can probably correct me if I’m wrong)

Perhaps going off-topic here, but you can “fix” the e-mail issue by using something like MaskMe, essentially it creates a new e-mail for every website and everything sent to those e-mails is forwarded to your primary e-mail, if one address starts to get spam you can simply block that address from forwarding any more e-mails in the MaskMe settings.

Thank you Sanya for telling me about MaskMe, I will look into that as it looks like a great way to deal with these kinds of issues, thanks again huuuuugs :slight_smile:

I always make it a practice to use throw away emails for sites like that, and basically a throw away user name/password…
Some sites have been known to actually disable “deleting” accounts completely…

Sanya’s suggestion works as well…

If you can make something like this happen, you will have my attention again… Security and Privacy should go hand in hand…

Correct we do not delete accounts, we can disable accounts when the need arises. :slight_smile: